PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know who this guy is running as an independant? HIs positions arent half bad

phesoge
06-24-2011, 07:26 AM
http://andrebarnett2012.com/main/

Some bodybuilding Army veteran I have never heard of, but I guess he is running as an independant who favors abolishing the department of education and "stopping the meddling in the middle east".

Frankly, he should get his name recognition up, drop out, support Dr. Paul and then if he really believes in non-interventionism Dr. Paul can make him secretary of state when he gets elected. I think some foreign leaders would be terrified if he was on the other end of negotiations. He does look sort of intense.

Sentient Void
06-24-2011, 07:49 AM
He seems inclined to support the free market, which is good - but he's confused, since he's also a 'fair' trader (wants to impose taxes on imports as a response to taxes on our imports) - little does he realize that this is just another tax on domestic sales and hurts our economy more than helps.

He's good at weaving certain words around his position to make them not sound as radical (which for boobus americanus can be a good thing, to an extent - as long as his positions are liberty oriented). He's very political in that regard.

He should list many more of his positions though - it seems like a short list on just focusing on the church, foreign intervention (which he's decent on), the economy, and the dept of education.

acptulsa
06-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Actually, I'm kind of glad we have to ask. I was very happy to see war vs. peace move to the forefront as a campaign issue, as this left Ron Paul standing alone while the neocons and teaocons battled for their share of a split warhawk vote. Then, of course, came the last debate and the Neodove Revolution. We can defang this, but I don't want to see anyone show up who can mimic Paul in any kind of believable way...

jmdrake
06-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm not going to be distracted by 3rd party presidential candidates while we have a better chance than ever for Ron Paul to with the nomination. That said I'll bookmark this for later. He looks like a decent candidate. And frankly I'm not sold on the unilateral "free trade" argument. The countries with the tariffs are kicking are butts economically. I know, I know it's not politically correct around here for me to say that, but it's the truth. And we make up the difference for our economic woes through higher deficits and higher income taxes. I know I'll never convince the "true believers" of so called "free trade" that it ain't really free, but that's okay.

But again, this isn't something I'm willing to be distracted on as long as Ron's in the running for the nomination. If he drops out, and if he doesn't run 3rd party himself, I'll consider this guy.