PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead Stands In For Ron Paul

Napoleon's Shadow
06-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Ron was going to the National Right to Life Convention in Jacksonville....

Here is a message from Kristi Dunn and Mark Cross of Florida's effort:

Dear friends,

Dr Paul is having to postpone his visit to Jacksonville that was scheduled for tomorrow, June 24th.

An important vote, regarding de-funding major US operations in Libya has been rescheduled to tomorrow.

While we are all very disappointed, his choice to stay in DC for this vital vote is the very reason that we support him.

We know that many of you took time off work, are traveling many hours, got baby sitters and/or re-arranged your day to come see and hear Dr. Paul. We completely understand the disappointment that this schedule change will cause and we sincerely apologize.

With that said, we will keep you informed once this event is rescheduled, and we hope to have as good or better of a turnout at the next Ron Paul event in Jacksonville.

We hope that each of you will be involved in the effective activism that it will take to help Ron Paul win Florida and you will understand that the reason for this postponement is so that Ron Paul can do what he does best: uphold his oath to defend and protect the Constitution.

Again we apologize!

__________________________________________________ ________
This is the email send from the National campaign regarding the event in Jacksonville:

On Friday, the US House of Representatives will vote on a resolution aimed at limiting the US military role in Libya and cutting off all funding for major Libyan operations.

Ron Paul has been the leading voice advocating a return to a constitutional foreign policy, and he will be a major part of the debate leading up to this historic vote.

However, the vote will take place on Friday at the same time as Congressman Paul’s planned event in Jacksonville. As a result, his appearance in Jacksonville has been postponed.

Even though Dr. Paul will not be in attendance, the Jacksonville event will proceed at the same time and place with presidential historian and New York Times bestselling author Doug Wead.

Doug Wead is currently a national staffer and an advisor to our campaign, and he has been an advisor to two presidents. He served as special assistant to the president in the George Herbert Walker Bush White House. In 1979, he co-founded Mercy Corps and the International Charity Awards.

Doug has prepared a special talk and will give us some insight into the 2012 electorate and what we can expect in the liberty movement.

We can all be very proud we have Ron Paul representing us and standing up for the Constitution in Washington D.C., and we will be able to tell him that in person once his Jacksonville appearance is rescheduled.

We look forward to seeing you at the River City Brewing Company this Friday at 1:00 PM with Doug Wead.

TheTyke
06-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Heck yes!! I remember thinking in 07/8 that Ron really needed some stand-in speakers to help campaign for him. I can think of few people who are better spoken than Doug. I also like how it says "national staffer and an advisor," indicating that his role will be considerable, indeed.

AdamT
06-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I hope to god someone gets a good HD video recording of this!

LibertyEagle
06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Ok, since they have announced it in this email, maybe it's time for a press release about Doug Wead. It might get us some media attention and some of the "he can't winners" may then realize that Dr. Paul is in it to win.

newyearsrevolution08
06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
can't wait to see how he does, this man can help make or break the campaign. I still don't get why we didn't get a doug wead style person back in 07-08 but hell keep moving forward and 2012 here we come.

sailingaway
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
I read that Ron is appearing before the Right to Life conference itself by webcam, live.

pcosmar
06-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Ok, since they have announced it in this email, maybe it's time for a press release about Doug Wead. It might get us some media attention and some of the "he can't winners" may then realize that Dr. Paul is in it to win.

I think there was. I read it here someplace.
/goes to search

here
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300131-BREAKING-Doug-Wead-Joins-the-Ron-Paul-2012-Campaign

Meatwasp
06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Great news

Bryan
06-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I hope to god someone gets a good HD video recording of this!

+1.

So, you mean that they get Doug Wead AND Ron Paul, later?!?!? This is sooo not fair.... :)

hazek
06-24-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCIz8nZeVs

angelatc
06-24-2011, 09:12 AM
/goes to search

here
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300131-BREAKING-Doug-Wead-Joins-the-Ron-Paul-2012-Campaign

That wasn't a press release, was it? That was The Humble Libertarian announcing that Doud Wead had announced it on C_Span.

LibertyEagle
06-24-2011, 09:13 AM
/goes to search

here

That was an article put out by The Humble Libertarian and they got their info from us and C-Span. lol. As wonderful as we are, us commenting on things, here, probably doesn't take the place of a press release from the campaign. :D

pcosmar
06-24-2011, 09:15 AM
That wasn't a press release, was it? That was The Humble Libertarian announcing that Doud Wead had announced it on C_Span.
Not a press release as such, still looking though.

Would the MSM even cover a press release?
/doubts

erowe1
06-24-2011, 09:16 AM
They may be waiting to add some others to the staff before they put out a press releasing announcing the whole team.

Romulus
06-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm still thrilled Doug is involved!

harikaried
06-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Did Doug Wead speak/present? I couldn't find anything about it from Friday. Sounds like Dr. Paul was able to somewhat show up using Skype.

Esoteric
06-24-2011, 11:57 PM
yeah, what came of this? did someone film it?

Esoteric
06-25-2011, 05:03 PM
bump?