PDA

View Full Version : PPP Florida Poll, June 16-19, 2011

Paul4Prez
06-23-2011, 11:30 PM
The first Florida poll I've seen. They have Ron Paul in 6th place at 7 percent, moving up to 5th place at 8 percent if Palin is removed from the question. He trails Romney and Bachmann (as in most recent polls), but also Cain and Gingrich.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_FL_0623424.pdf

The poll is pretty suspect, as is usual for PPP (Public Policy Polling). It appears on page 3 that candidate names are asked ALPHABETICALLY instead of randomized, as more respected pollsters do. This obviously gives a big advantage to Bachmann (first candidate named), Cain (second candidate named), and Romney (last candidate named.) Also, only 17 percent of the respondents were under 46! I know it's Florida, but come on.

The good news? 44 percent of "usual Republican primary voters" have a favorable opinion of Ron Paul.

sailingaway
06-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I think independents can vote in the GOP primary there. For some reason PPP doesn't run primary polls in the states where Ron would do well. They polled the senate race in Montana over the weekend -- no presidential primary poll. A couple of weeks ago they polled Washington and even had a head to head poll between Obama and a few candidates (not Ron) they didn't poll the primary.

pity.

LatinsforPaul
06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
I think independents can vote in the GOP primary there. For some reason PPP doesn't run primary polls in the states where Ron would do well. They polled the senate race in Montana over the weekend -- no presidential primary poll. A couple of weeks ago they polled Washington and even had a head to head poll between Obama and a few candidates (not Ron) they didn't poll the primary.

pity.
http://election.dos.state.fl.us/gen-faq.shtml#link2

6.I want to vote in the primary. Do I have to be a Democrat or Republican?

Since Florida is a closed primary state, only voters who are registered members of the respective political party’s candidates can vote for those candidate nominees in a primary election. Typically that would be either one of the two major political parties (Republicans and Democrats) but it can also include minor political parties too if they have candidates for an office on the primary election ballot.

There are times when all registered voters can vote in a primary election, regardless of which major or minor political party they are registered or even if they are registered without a specific party affiliation:

1.If all the candidates for an office have the same party affiliation and the winner of the primary election will not face any opposition in the general election (i.e. no write-in candidates have qualified), then all registered voters can vote for any of the candidates for that particular office in the primary election.

2.If nonpartisan (i.e., prohibited from qualifying or campaigning based upon party affiliation) races (e.g., judicial and school board offices, nonpartisan special districts or local referendum questions) are on the primary election ballot, then all registered voters, including those without party affiliation are entitled to vote those particular races on the ballot.

At a general election, all registered voters receive the same ballot and may vote for any candidate or question on the ballot. If there are write-in candidates who have qualified for a particular office, a space will be left on the general election ballot where their name can be written

trey4sports
06-23-2011, 11:54 PM
i would guess its accurate, but its only accurate right now

Most people arent even paying attention yet, and if we want to break through and position ourself as the anit-Romney we will have our chance in Iowa.