PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Needs to Demand More Regulation and Higher Taxes

lx43
06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
I know the title doesn't sound like me but here is what I would say if asked about having more regulations on the economy and raising taxes to close the budget deficit.

I think Ron should say he is all for regulation: regulating the politicians and govt bureaucrats.

Here are some simple regulations that Ron should promote and that I think most Americans would support.

1 Read the Bills: Ron can steal one of Rand’s campaigns themes of having every bill read allowed on the floor of the House or Senate before it passes; and for every 20 pages in length of a bill requires a 24 hour waiting period. Example: the 2000 page healthcare fiasco would have required a 100 day waiting period after the bill has been read allowed.

2. Constitutional Bills: Each law passed by the Congress must specifically sight where it is authorized in the Constitution.

3. One Subject at a Time: Bills cannot get combined into other lesser known bills; ie this is how the Patriot Act will slipped through the Congress.

4. Sunset Provision: Every regulation on record will expire within two years unless renewed by Congress.

Raising Taxes:

1. Increase taxes: He should say any corporation who received a bailout should have their taxes raised to help close the budget deficit.

2. Taxes on Politicians: Call for doubling the taxes on every member of Congress when the budget is not balanced.

What do you guys think?

thehighwaymanq
06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I like this.

More emphasis needs to be made on restricting government, and not freedom. He always the Constitution is there to keep the government from acting out.

PaulConventionWV
06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
I know the title doesn't sound like me but here is what I would say if asked about having more regulations on the economy and raising taxes to close the budget deficit.

I think Ron should say he is all for regulation: regulating the politicians and govt bureaucrats.

Here are some simple regulations that Ron should promote and that I think most Americans would support.

1 Read the Bills: Ron can steal one of Rand’s campaigns themes of having every bill read aloud on the floor of the House or Senate before it passes; and for every 20 pages in length of a bill requires a 24 hour waiting period. Example: the 2000 page healthcare fiasco would have required a 100 day waiting period after the bill has been read aloud.

2. Constitutional Bills: Each law passed by the Congress must specifically cite where it is authorized in the Constitution.

3. One Subject at a Time: Bills cannot get combined into other lesser known bills; ie this is how the Patriot Act will slip through the Congress.

4. Sunset Provision: Every regulation on record will expire within two years unless renewed by Congress.

Raising Taxes:

1. Increase taxes: He should say any corporation who received a bailout should have their taxes raised to help close the budget deficit.

2. Taxes on Politicians: Call for doubling the taxes on every member of Congress when the budget is not balanced.

What do you guys think?

I think you really need to work on your English.

aowen
06-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I think you should do whatever you have to do to get this to the campaign. I like all of it quite a bit. I think talk like this could get a lot of votes, including many people I know.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Raising Taxes:

That won't really help, it'll just raise prices for the consumers. "Corporate taxes" are a misnomer, what they really are is taxes on consumers ie the people.

Instead, I'd say there should be a law (or even a constitutional amendment) that prevents government from ever bailing out failing businesses.

TastyWheat
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
I say yes to all except the last two. I think the 2nd to last would be considered "ex post facto", hence unconstitutional. It would also be better to actually have the politicians' paychecks cut, rather than giving them the money then taking it right back through taxes. I think he introduced a bill at one point, freezing all of their salaries until the budget was balanced.

lx43
06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I think you really need to work on your English.

Thank you for the free edit. Wanna come work as my assistant but at the same pay? ;)