PDA

View Full Version : YES !!! Can you say $2,500,000.00 +++ AWESOME !!

Falseflagop
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Kudos everyone great work now for the 5th of NOV where we go over 10 mil !!

Lets get this done!

kylejack
10-30-2007, 03:26 PM
The faster the sign-ups go, the less confident I am that all these are going to do it....I sincerely hope no one thinks they're "helping" or "motivating" by putting in bogus entries that cause us to over-estimate.

ronpaulyourmom
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Kudos everyone great work now for the 5th of NOV where we go over 10 mil !!

Lets get this done!

That would be nuts. I would probably have to get up and start running around just to stop from exploding.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
The faster the sign-ups go, the less confident I am that all these are going to do it....I sincerely hope no one thinks they're "helping" or "motivating" by putting in bogus entries that cause us to over-estimate.

they need some way on the site to prevent people from signing up multiple times, to prevent spammers from other campaigns getting our hopes up

kylejack
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
they need some way on the site to prevent people from signing up multiple times, to prevent spammers from other campaigns getting our hopes up

11/11 is authenticating people who sign up by requiring them to click a link in their e-mail.

and yes 2.5 million, wow, after leno airs, and by the end of tommorow if offline donations get figured in and the fundraiser gets figured in, we might be close to 3milion!

Danny Molina

IP logging would prevent this.

10-30-2007, 03:31 PM
IP logging would prevent this.

Yeah thats what I had in mind, kind of like some internet polls don't let people with the same IP vote twice, now we just need to get that kind of thing on the nov 5th site ASAP, and also the admin if possible needs to look for multiple IPs in the logs, and erase any entries from them.

Wouldn't it really suck if it turned out that out of the 13,102 subscribers right now, 12,102 of them were fakes from other campaigns, and we only really had 1,000 people signed up?

The Nov 11 site prevents people from signing up twice, and they only ahve like what 200 people signed up, compared to the 13,102 on the nov 5 site whichi doesn't have that kind of multiple signup prevention?

makes you wonder

BIG_J
10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
...MODS BAN this guy!

10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
...MODS BAN this guy!

Why? Are you a mole from another campaign, trying to stop the RP revolution from adopting my great ideas?

You're saying letting people sign up for the nov 5th pledge multiple times is a good thing, and that I should be banned for suggesting that multiple-signing up should be disabled?

BIG_J
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Here we go...

Elwar
10-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Two sign ups came from my IP...

I signed up and had the site open and showed my fiance.

She said...I'll sign up too...so she put her name in and I verified it in her e-mail.

Then she saw that e-mail later and thought it was spam so she replied to it "F&*K OFF!!!"

heh...oops :)

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Why? Are you a mole from another campaign, trying to stop the RP revolution from adopting my great ideas?

You're saying letting people sign up for the nov 5th pledge multiple times is a good thing, and that I should be banned for suggesting that multiple-signing up should be disabled?

I think he's saying to 'ban you' because of your overly pestimistic attitude.

Gimme Some Truth
10-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Seems like it :confused:

I think he has nappy rash or somethin :rolleyes: . Pay no attention.

Lord Xar
10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I think the issue 'two first names' is that you are very negative. As if every idea is "not such a good one" or "it would be better if..." like always second guessing and fermenting doubt and suspicion.

I haven't been following all your posts, but you do seem to follow a certain post pattern. I don't think you should be banned as I have not seen behaviour that would warrant such, but we are sorta looking at your funny now..hahhaahhahah... in other words, we got our eyes on you! hahahahahah

werdd
10-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah thats what I had in mind, kind of like some internet polls don't let people with the same IP vote twice, now we just need to get that kind of thing on the nov 5th site ASAP, and also the admin if possible needs to look for multiple IPs in the logs, and erase any entries from them.

Wouldn't it really suck if it turned out that out of the 13,102 subscribers right now, 12,102 of them were fakes from other campaigns, and we only really had 1,000 people signed up?

The Nov 11 site prevents people from signing up twice, and they only ahve like what 200 people signed up, compared to the 13,102 on the nov 5 site whichi doesn't have that kind of multiple signup prevention?

makes you wonder

If you can't say anything nice, dont say anything at all. Im getting sick of your negativity as well... im starting to think your a plant. I dont really know, hopefully you can prove us wrong.

grfgerger
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM

I signed up even though I'm not donating $100. I will be donating a smaller amount though and I'm sure that I'm not the only one doing that.

literatim
10-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I signed up even though I'm not donating $100. I will be donating a smaller amount though and I'm sure that I'm not the only one doing that.

Uh. Then you probably shouldn't pledge a $100 then as that is what the website pledge is for.

SwooshOU
10-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Yay for $2.5 million!

me3
10-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Uh. Then you probably shouldn't pledge a $100 then as that is what the website pledge is for.
Some people have said they will donate more.

The goal is to have a monstrous online fund raising day. That won't happen if smaller donations are excluded.

Gimme Some Truth
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
If you can't say anything nice, dont say anything at all. Im getting sick of your negativity as well... im starting to think your a plant. I dont really know, hopefully you can prove us wrong.

He has nothing to prove. Jeez , what is with all this "you're a plant" , "COINTELPRO!!!" bullcrap. Cant someone just be a little conservative?

Heck, theres no chance of raising 10million on Nov 5th, like some dream about . You gonna accuse me of being Rudy freaking Giuliani now!?!

:mad:

Revolution9
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
He has nothing to prove. Jeez , what is with all this "you're a plant" , "COINTELPRO!!!" bullcrap. Cant someone just be a little conservative?

Heck, theres no chance of raising 10million on Nov 5th, like some dream about . You gonna accuse me of being Rudy freaking Giuliani now!?!

:mad:

Nah.. Just being a curmudgeon will be suitable. Since when does conservative equal negativity wound, anal retentive worry wart? You wouldn't be COINTELPRO by any chance? <snark>

Best
Randy

Diana
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM

In my opinion, which everyone has their own, it would be better to underestimate and expect less, and be pleasantly surprised than to expect way more than shows up.

Smiley Gladhands
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Exactly, it's better to underestimate. Some people decided to contribute to the $430,000-drive instead of waiting for Nov 5th so the estimated $ numbers might be inflated anyway. It should definitely be a great fundraising day regardless.

AgentPaul001
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Well overall I know that I've donated less this month in anticipation of that day although I'm sure the campaign wishes people donated a bit earlier since they really do need cash ASAP to keep up with the huge media buys.

Correct me if I'm wrong but with over $1.6 Million in Ad Buys and arguably at least $1.0 Million in operating expenses for October that leaves the Cash on Hand BEFORE OCTOBER at around $3~ Million, more then enough to avoid a crunch if Donations fall (which they won't, they're obviously increasing quite fast), but it also prevents the campaign from committing to another large ad Buy that perhaps another million this month could have allowed.

But all-in-all $2.5<>$3.0 Million in October is NOT TOO SHABBY, once you factor in all the supporter efforts, this campaign arguably is enjoying a similar level of "power" of any of the much larger campaigns.

Once the media attention begins to shift towards Ron Paul, which if finally has, and all the major polls begin including him, we will finally be on somewhat equal footing :)

Its amazing that we've surpasses an entire quarter of fundraising in ONE MONTH lol.

jgmaynard
10-30-2007, 05:34 PM
At the beginning of the month, he had 5.4 on hand. Add to that 2.5 raised so far this month, that leaves 7.9 total. Even if there were 3 mil in expenses, that would still leave 4.9 left. It's not like he can't spend the money before the filing deadline! :)

JM