PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul, Texas, and Alternative Spirituality (my experience)

Joey Fuller
06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I went to Dallas, TX for two days... never been to Texas.. and was pretty excited about seeing Ron Paul's home state...

The funny thing is.. I did not see one Ron Paul sign or bumpersticker! Granted I was only there for two days and stayed in Dallas and Greenville, TX...

Also, I attended an Alternative Spiritual style Convention with my wife...

I am a Christian so it wasn't exactly what I was used to.. but it was very enlightening and the people there were very kind.

I wore my Ron Paul 2012 shirt and jeans.. most other people were wearing white flowing clothes, scarves, and various kinds of robes...

Here's the neat part:

While I was at the convention, I received three positive comments about my shirt!

Two young twentysomething females gave me a thumbs up and said go Ron Paul...

An older lady dressed in the white flowing style robe approached me and told me she wishes Ron Paul good luck and good fortune.

The third lady was selling flowers... I bought a small bouquet and she asked who was on my shirt... I told her his name is Ron Paul and he is running for President. I explained to her that he was for PEACE and that he wanted to bring all of our troops home. It made her smile and she said PEACE PEACE and pointed at my shirt.

She had a deformed arm and appeared to be mentally handicapped...but our short exchange of words were mutually inspiring. I felt very humbled to buy flowers from a lady who could barely grasp the dollar bills and struggle to return to me my change. We shared a mutual love for the concept of peace and that was enough to connect two kindred spirits for a brief moment.

Since I was dressed different.. I stuck out and I noticed a lot of people reading my shirt...

you never know what influence you may have on others when venturing out in public wearing your Ron Paul 2012 shirt...

if anyone is interested this is the website which details Amma and her supporters/followers:
http://amma.org/

BamaAla
06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice story.

Joey Fuller
06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
thanks!