PDA

View Full Version : RP 2nd in AP Poll, no mention in Report

limequat
06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Here's the report where they talk about everyone except Ron Paul:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gh4rwNw3yFVaPckOoFINCcvZyNaw?docId=885fea183 bdc43d4bc71ad25b0cecf13

Actual results have his favorables second behind Mittens:

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK%20Poll%20June%202011%20Topline%20GOP%202012.pd f

AdamT
06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
This is really just unbelievable MSM lying by omission. Only a major win will turn this around, except then they will find another way to ignore him.

sailingaway
06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Nice, maybe it was 'net' they were thinking but you are right, he's up there. You know what else? His favorables went up and unfavorables went down since the last time polled. That is good movement.

limequat
06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice, maybe it was 'net' they were thinking but you are right, he's up there. You know what else? His favorables went up and unfavorables went down since the last time polled. That is good movement.

Yep, results are excellent! Maybe that's why they aren't mentioned?

AdamT
06-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Just tweeted about this. Let her know how you feel. http://twitter.com/@jennagiesta

musicmax
06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Just tweeted about this. Let her know how you feel. http://twitter.com/@jennagiesta

done

smartguy911
06-24-2011, 09:26 AM
wait Dr. Paul 2nd in national poll?

Paul Or Nothing II
06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Nice, maybe it was 'net' they were thinking

Where does the question of "net" arise? It's inconsequential. Let's say one candidate has 50% favorable & 49% unfavorable so "net" is 1% while another candidate has 10% favorable & 5% unfavorable so "net" is 5% so does that mean the second candidate is doing better? No, the first candidate is obviously doing way better than the second.

So obviously they don't like Ron.

You know what else? His favorables went up and unfavorables went down since the last time polled. That is good movement.

Yup, that's definitely great to see but I'd like to see "very favorable" number growing because obviously many of the "somewhat favorable" have Ron as maybe 2nd or 3rd choice which is why his poll-numbers are stuck around about his "very favorable" % ie around 8-10% And what's ominous is the fact that Bachmann's "very favorable" have jumped from 8 to 13 after the last debate, that's a massive jump in her "dedicated support".

Bern
06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Ron Paul is obviously the ninja candidate. #winning

trey4sports
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Where does the question of "net" arise? It's inconsequential. Let's say one candidate has 50% favorable & 49% unfavorable so "net" is 1% while another candidate has 10% favorable & 5% unfavorable so "net" is 5% so does that mean the second candidate is doing better? No, the first candidate is obviously doing way better than the second.

Yup, that's definitely great to see but I'd like to see "very favorable" number growing because obviously many of the "somewhat favorable" have Ron as maybe 2nd or 3rd choice which is why his poll-numbers are stuck around about his "very favorable" % ie around 8-10% And what's ominous is the fact that Bachmann's "very favorable" have jumped from 8 to 13 after the last debate, that's a massive jump in her "dedicated support".

I'm more happy about people having a somewhat favorable impression of Ron rather than a very favorable.

Why you ask?

Well, for one it shows that the average GOP voter accepts him and would vote for him if he got the nom. and secondly, it shows that his ceiling is not just hardcore libertarians.

lew
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM
wait Dr. Paul 2nd in national poll?

Yes and No.

It's a poll that asks favorability, not who would you vote for.

realtonygoodwin
06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I've only ever seen it reported as net favorability. How does he do in net?

Paul Or Nothing II
06-24-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm more happy about people having a somewhat favorable impression of Ron rather than a very favorable.

Why you ask?

Well, for one it shows that the average GOP voter accepts him and would vote for him if he got the nom. and secondly, it shows that his ceiling is not just hardcore libertarians.

I'd look at it differently. If Ron's "very favorable" % grows then that means that more & more Americans are BECOMING LIBERTARIAN. Now, that's what America needs if it is to go back to its Libertarian roots & bring real change in the LONG-RUN.

Now, I'm not saying "somewhat favorable" % doesn't matter but being 2nd or 3rd choice in people's minds isn't something we can bank on in primaries & those numbers haven't come into play much thus far as it seems that only people voting for Ron in polls have been from the "very favorable" category so somehow more of the "somewhat favorable" need to be converted into "very favorable"; that'll bring real increase in Ron's poll-numbers as well as bigger moneybombs.

sailingaway
06-24-2011, 10:17 AM

I actually agree with your first point, a vote is a vote and no one can vote twice for someone else to make up for hating your guy more... I was just thinking they might justify that.

Question about MB is whether people will like her as much when they learn she voted for the Patriot Act, police state and middle east wars. Those who like her MORE for that aren't going to like our guy as much, clearly. But some who 'like her' probably just don't realize that.

Bern
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Question about MB is whether people will like her as much when they learn she voted for the Patriot Act, police state and middle east wars. Those who like her MORE for that aren't going to like our guy as much, clearly. But some who 'like her' probably just don't realize that.

It's not about policy for 95% of people.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?299474-Video-Jack-Hunter-Southern-Avenger-SA-TAC-Identity-vs.-Philosophy

MB gave the type of performance in the last debate that identity voters eat up.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I actually agree with your first point, a vote is a vote and no one can vote twice for someone else to make up for hating your guy more... I was just thinking they might justify that.

I know you were just being kind to them by giving them the benefit of the doubt but I was just meaning to say that they're not worth our benefit of doubt. Anyways, they can't even justify Ron's exclusion on that count when one considers the "net" favorability of all the candidates :
Romney +10
Bachmann +9
Paul +8
Pawlenty +5
Cain +2
Santorum -2
Perry -3
Huntsman -3
Palin -17
Gingrich -33

Yeah, it's likely that with her support for wars & PA, she'll likely not be the eventual frontrunner but still you never know, if she starts soaring then those Repubs who don't like her might fall in line based on other issues or just because they think she's Repubs' best bet against Obama & most Republicans will be ok with wars & PA as long as she engages them on other issues. And as you've said, the people that like her more (very favorable) are least likely to turn to Ron & that's why her "very favorable" % soaring by 5% irks me, it's a pretty solid move upwards in the context.

BUSHLIED
06-24-2011, 12:57 PM
This is really just unbelievable MSM lying by omission. Only a major win will turn this around, except then they will find another way to ignore him.

Well, we need to build allies with people in the media. Does anyone think that Dan at Politico, could be forwarded this AP Poll with the corresponding article so that we may inform him of this media bias. Maybe he will write a blog about it on Politico. Most media websites have normal news and then blogs or opinion sections...I am sure Dan can write a blog on politico about this...what is the consensus? Does anyone have Dan's email or phone? I'll be more than happy to write a 5-sentence paragraph urging him to report about this...thoughts?

TheViper
06-24-2011, 10:01 PM
What I found most interesting in the poll results was PID1/PID2.

Strong Democrat leaning fell over time while moderate Democrat leaning gained. For the other side, independent Republicans gained. This tells me a shift in mind set of the people is taking place to our benefit.