PDA

View Full Version : Don't get down if Leno interview fizzles.

newmedia4ron
10-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I have a feeling Ron will be too humble or not be appealing tonight. It seems when their is high expectations for the campaign it stumbles and when there is low expectations they surprise us. Don't live each campaign move. It will drive you nuts. One day Ron Paul is on top the next day he will be ridiculed the next day he could be the "underdog" the next day he could be called the nut the next the media pronounces him the only sane candidate, whatever. Regardless of what transpires on Leno lets promise to go out and hand out literature tomorrow.

margomaps
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
You raise a good point. We are obsessively watching Dr. Paul and his appearances in the media, and many of us get quite bent out of shape when things don't go 100% the way we want them to.

I'll be nice as a Ron Paul fan to see him on a popular show like The Tonight Show -- but we should remember that the real point here is to improve his name recognition. With 5 million viewers or so, this is a great publicity opportunity. He doesn't have to be perfect. Unless he eats a baby on the stage, this will be a net positive.

me3
10-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I hope Ron takes a small break from the issues, and Jay asks him some personal questions about his family etc. This is a branding exercise for Dr. Paul, not for the platform.

Starks
10-30-2007, 03:23 PM
You raise a good point. We are obsessively watching Dr. Paul and his appearances in the media, and many of us get quite bent out of shape when things don't go 100% the way we want them to.

I'll be nice as a Ron Paul fan to see him on a popular show like The Tonight Show -- but we should remember that the real point here is to improve his name recognition. With 5 million viewers or so, this is a great publicity opportunity. He doesn't have to be perfect. Unless he eats a baby on the stage, this will be a net positive.

Eating a baby = Instant name recognition

ronpaulyourmom
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I hope Ron takes a small break from the issues, and Jay asks him some personal questions about his family etc. This is a branding exercise for Dr. Paul, not for the platform.

Hopefully he'll get in a bit of both, but yes I agree. He needs to talk a little bit about the war and the economy, and then the rest should be personal stuff.

Nate K
10-30-2007, 03:25 PM
kinda like my Pittsburgh Steelers, one day Ben is the best quarterback in the league, the next week he's the worst and earned him the nickname 'worthlessberger'.

ladyliberty
10-30-2007, 03:25 PM

Oh PUKE! :eek::mad:

DaronWestbrooke
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I hope Leno doesn't treat Dr. Paul like a side show item. A couple of years ago he had Kucinich on and it wasn't a nice interview. A lot of the questions led to try to get embarassing answers.

mkrfctr
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM

am I bad person because I nearly snorted a snot stream out of my nose due to sudden laughter?

RonPaulStreetTeam
10-30-2007, 03:34 PM

hahahaahahah
No wonder Hitlary is so well known?

Adamsa
10-30-2007, 03:35 PM

Perhaps he could eat, TWO babies. :D

DaronWestbrooke
10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
What happened to the idea of having Dr. Paul deliver a baby at a rally? Any luck finding a supporter who happens to be at 9 months and willing to do this?

James R
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
What happened to the idea of having Dr. Paul deliver a baby at a rally? Any luck finding a supporter who happens to be at 9 months and willing to do this?

NO THANKS!

leipo
10-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Will we able to stream this online?

smtwngrl
10-30-2007, 03:47 PM
It's not going to fizzle. :p :D

(O.K., on the very slim chance that it does, we should be able to take it in stride. But why anticipate it not going well, and spoil our anticipation? :p )

I see no reason why it shouldn't go well. First, I've watched youtubes of Kuchinic, Romney, and Thompson on the Tonight Show, and I watched Obama on there recently. Leno's approach is generally to talk about the candidates personal lives. He may mention politics, but he doesn't dwell on it. We might even learn something about Ron Paul we don't know, since he doesn't talk about his personal life a lot. ;)

Secondly, we already know that Ron Paul shines in one on one interviews, especially when his interviewer isn't overly combative. Why shouldn't he do well? If he can do well being inviewed by Jon Stewart and Colbert, why not with Leno?

Thirdly, Jay Leno will have some entertaining things to use to break the ice, if he chooses. For example, mavbe he will show a clip of this. (And by the way, did this contribute to Jay Leno's decision to have him on? ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1pYkkB1anY&feature=PlayList&p=C243EC6D675466C9&index=69
Or maybe he will mention that everyone in his office has flowers on their desk right now. Whatever the ice breaker is, it is going to be something that brings out the passion of RP's supporters, and that will reflect well on Ron Paul.

smtwngrl
10-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I hope Leno doesn't treat Dr. Paul like a side show item. A couple of years ago he had Kucinich on and it wasn't a nice interview. A lot of the questions led to try to get embarassing answers.

Hmm, his attitude toward Kuchnic must have changed since then. In the interview I saw with Kuchnic, there seemed to be a good rapport there. He seemed as friendly with Kuchnic as I've seen him with any presidential candidate.

Eli
10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
chances are he won't be able to talk or elaborate on his stance on the issues. As much as we want that, this isn't a debate or an actual formal interview. It's all about name recognition as others have said. 6 million hearing about ron paul! 2% of America in ONE DAY! How exciting :)

texasbelle
10-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Hmm, his attitude toward Kuchnic must have changed since then. In the interview I saw with Kuchnic, there seemed to be a good rapport there. He seemed as friendly with Kuchnic as I've seen him with any presidential candidate.

I agree.. Dennis kucinich was on Leno about a month ago and he was very cordial and gave a great interview to him.

Elwar
10-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Whatever happens...DO NOT come on ronpaulforums and start threads with titles like "Ron Paul sucks" with a post about why he doesn't really suck...

After every debate this place gets so much traffic...and lo and behold there are several prominent threads about how Ron Paul is terrible.

Be prepared to educate visitors...highlight the good YouTube videos...ronpaullibrary.com etc...

werdd
10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
i think its gonna go great.. it might not be everything we want it to be but that's okay, i think we are gonna catch alot of people attention tonight.

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM

Who are you and where have you been all my life?

inibo
10-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Whatever happens...DO NOT come on ronpaulforums and start threads with titles like "Ron Paul sucks" with a post about why he doesn't really suck...

After every debate this place gets so much traffic...and lo and behold there are several prominent threads about how Ron Paul is terrible.

Be prepared to educate visitors...highlight the good YouTube videos...ronpaullibrary.com etc...

Yeah, what Elwar said.

jacmicwag
10-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't see Jay going neo on Ron. Look for a great interview and a few laughs. Leno knows how popular our guy is so he's not going to intentionally try and trip him up. With some RP support in the audience, I think we're all in for a pleasant surprise.

inibo
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I just hope there are some people who aren't in the audience.

JMann
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I got the feeling last week that Paul didn't have any idea who Jay Leno was when he said something about needing to watch the show to figure out what it is all about. He just needs to answer the questions without being too serious.

Ron Paul Fan
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Blah blah blah. I'm predicting a big night for Ron Paul tonight! You think he will fizzle under the pressure? The man is running for President of the United States! If anything, he will shine!!!!! Not fizzle!!!!!!! Jay is there to help Congressman Paul with the comedic aspects! Dr. Paul just needs to relax, be himself, and spread the message of freedom! Hell all of you who are doubting him! Hell you all!!!!!!!!!!

Gimme Some Truth
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM

lmao

freelance
10-30-2007, 05:25 PM
The man is running for President of the United States! If anything, he will shine!!!!! Not fizzle!!!!!!!

QFT. This is an asinine thread!

johngr
10-30-2007, 05:33 PM

Nearly every interviewer who has pulled that shit with Dr. Paul has had it seriously backfire on him.

ladyliberty
10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
well, judging from the audio we heard - it did not fizzle.

So now I want un update about how the flower delivery went????

shepburn
10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul was amazing on Leno. I can't wait to hear the actual version tonight.

Ron Paul Fan
10-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Just bumping this up so the forum can see who the doubters and haters are. Ron Paul fizzle? Ha! He did awesome! And I was right as usual. He didn't fizzle, he shined!!!!!!! What would that say if our leader fizzled in an interview with Jay Leno? Shame on all of you for saying so! I think people here are right, we are being overrun by trolls!!!!

Severius
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
That was an awesome interview. It was even better than I imagined it could be!

Patrick Henry
10-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Believe it or not, I fell asleep before the Leno show.:o I am unable to watch the vids here ate work. :( Anyways, how was the good Dr. received by the crowd?

wgadget
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
It was freaking awesome. All the way to the end where he shook hands with Mr. Sex Pistol.

steph3n
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Believe it or not, I fell asleep before the Leno show.:o I am unable to watch the vids here ate work. :( Anyways, how was the good Dr. received by the crowd?

Great :D

Patrick Henry
10-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Great :D

Excellent!

Patrick Henry
10-31-2007, 09:21 AM
It was freaking awesome. All the way to the end where he shook hands with Mr. Sex Pistol.

Good times! :D

slantedview
10-31-2007, 09:45 AM
That was an awesome interview. It was even better than I imagined it could be!

Yes, Ron KILLED IT! :)

smtwngrl
11-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Just bumping this up so the forum can see who the doubters and haters are. Ron Paul fizzle? Ha! He did awesome! And I was right as usual. He didn't fizzle, he shined!!!!!!! What would that say if our leader fizzled in an interview with Jay Leno? Shame on all of you for saying so! I think people here are right, we are being overrun by trolls!!!!

Doubters and haters? Strong words. :rolleyes: Too strong. :p

A few worriers, maybe, but there are always going to be a few. Haters--no way. :p And not all of us who posted on this thread were anticipating a problem (I predicted, for example, that he would do well. :) )

But I feel inclined to just appreciate how exceptionally well it went :D , not to rag on those who were a little concerned.

newmedia4ron
11-01-2007, 12:53 AM
I am not a hater or troll. Look at every single one of my posts. Be careful what you call people. Some people are easily offended. If I was a troll or hater you shouldn't have replied to me in the first place. It just brings on negative attention to unproductive discussion.

Ron was great on Leno. There are some things I didn't like about it but I don't post negative stuff because it'll motivate other people to nitpick. I was trying to prevent flame wars (see posts about TV AD #1) if Ron did a bad interview. People see every Ron Paul campaign move like it's their last. If something bad happens just work harder the next day. We can't let hitpieces and other bad news discourage us.

koob
11-01-2007, 03:48 PM
what happened to the flowers??? how come no one's said anything about them? who got them? did they like them?

margomaps
11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
what happened to the flowers??? how come no one's said anything about them? who got them? did they like them?

The studio refused them. They were instead donated to wives of firefighters in LA.