PDA

View Full Version : When in the course of your commute.. :)

fase2000tdi
10-30-2007, 03:00 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/183/p5060087pc8.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8738/p5060088nt9.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6830/p5060089jy4.jpg

Put it up last friday. It's a 4x8 my local meetup group leader picked up in Iowa during the straw poll. I'm thinkng of making a video on how to hang the sign like this, as it makes use of both sides and was VERY cheap to put up, along with very sturdy even in the most hearty of winds.

Rhode Island for Ron Paul!

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-30-2007, 03:04 PM
I like it, but I think the text at the bottom of the sign with his website should be larger for people in cars can actually see it.

imho all these signs do nothing if it just has Ron Paul's name on it, when people are driving down the road, they just see the sign and say to themselves "ooh look it's just another politician.. haha like I'm ever going to get involved in politics"

thats why we need to haev the website on the signs for they can look up more info about ron paul and see how great he is.

IowaSupport
10-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Awesome signage, OP - I'd honk for that one.

Going along with your theory, 2 first names, how will a website on the sign make people say anything other than, "ooh look it's just another politician's website.. haha like I'm ever going to get involved in politics"? That's really not the sign's purpose, IMO.

10-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Awesome signage, OP - I'd honk for that one.

Going along with your theory, 2 first names, how will a website on the sign make people say anything other than, "ooh look it's just another politician's website.. haha like I'm ever going to get involved in politics"? That's really not the sign's purpose, IMO.

I don't know, but we need to have more on the signs than just his name.

Maybe a short message below it like "end the IRS!" or "secure the borders!" or "stop illegal immigration!"

Something to catch people's interest?

Right now my county has a race going for county executive, I see signs in just about everyone's yard with the candidates names, Joanie Mahoney and Bill Magnarelli, but the signs just have their names on it. I just ignore all the signs, and think "just another politician like before, who cares..."

SirNim
10-30-2007, 03:15 PM
RI... nice... I can't place the photo... In what town did you throw that sign up?

JAHOGS
10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I like it, but I think the text at the bottom of the sign with his website should be larger for people in cars can actually see it.

imho all these signs do nothing if it just has Ron Paul's name on it, when people are driving down the road, they just see the sign and say to themselves "ooh look it's just another politician.. haha like I'm ever going to get involved in politics"

thats why we need to haev the website on the signs for they can look up more info about ron paul and see how great he is.

You stir up so much SITH it is unbelievable. That was the guys first post and you wanted to say he should have gotten a better sign. I think the sign is awesome and I wish more people would do this.

fase2000tdi
10-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd like to have his issues, and I've thought of having a smaller sign that says "END THE IRS" and "STOP DEVALUING OUR DOLLAR", that sorta stuff, and rotating it each week.

American

Maybe a short message below it like "end the IRS!" or "secure the borders!" or "stop illegal immigration!"

Right now my county has a race going for county executive, I see signs in just about everyone's yard with the candidates names, Joanie Mahoney and Bill Magnarelli, but the signs just have their names on it. I just ignore all the signs, and think "just another politician like before, who cares..."

You're just full of positive posting today arent you. Something to catch people attention?, how about a you can wear a Ron Paul t-shirt and shoot people with paint balls, that what you had in mind?

I was thinking maybe we could tie the national debt (in weight) on your legs and drop you in the ocean, then we can use that as an example of how far in debt this country is. Its killing this country!!

The signage is awesome, once the campaign get these TV ads going everywhere this will make perfect sense. Right now it should be name recognition, the rest will fall into place.

inibo

Ron Paul
Champion of the Constitution
President '08

10-30-2007, 03:19 PM
You stir up so much SITH it is unbelievable. That was the guys first post and you wanted to say he should have gotten a better sign. I think the sign is awesome and I wish more people would do this.

No I'm not saying he personally should get a better sign, I'm saying when we ALL put signs up, or create signs, we should put more on it than just his name, we need to put something on it to spark viewer's interest.

If the people running for county executive here put something underneath their name on the signs like "No more property tax in onondaga county!" or "new highway speed limit 100mph!", it would spark my interest and I would look up more info on those candidates and maybe support them.

But just their name on a sign? Great, so I know who's running, why do I care ?

fase2000tdi
10-30-2007, 03:19 PM

It's OK.. I'm a 10%'r. I didn't join because a friend convinced me, or because I'm looking for something to latch onto - I want this guy to get elected.

JAHOGS
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
No I'm not saying he personally should get a better sign, I'm saying when we ALL put signs up, or create signs, we should put more on it than just his name, we need to put something on it to spark viewer's interest.

If the people running for county executive here put something underneath their name on the signs like "No more property tax in onondaga county!" or "new highway speed limit 100mph!", it would spark my interest and I would look up more info on those candidates and maybe support them.

But just their name on a sign? Great, so I know who's running, why do I care ?

NAME RECOGNITION. I looked up Ron Paul by just seeing his name. NOT HIS VIEWS! I took it upon myself to figure that out, and that is coming from a un-political person since RON PAUL. Any sign with RON PAUL is a good sign.

pcosmar
fase2000tdi Good work.
To the others, Those are the "Official"campaign signs.

margomaps
Put it up last friday. It's a 4x8 my local meetup group leader picked up in Iowa during the straw poll. I'm thinkng of making a video on how to hang the sign like this, as it makes use of both sides and was VERY cheap to put up, along with very sturdy even in the most hearty of winds.

Good work, man! Looks like that sign is positioned to get a lot of commuter traffic viewing it. Nice.

eloquensanity
10-30-2007, 03:25 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/183/p5060087pc8.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8738/p5060088nt9.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6830/p5060089jy4.jpg

Love it :)

fase2000tdi
10-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Btw, That's in Glocester, Rhode Island.

Specially Chepachet.

ladyliberty
10-30-2007, 03:28 PM
I agree! Great SIGN - and for what it's worth not everyone in the United States is on the Internet - so not having his website there is NO BIG DEAL! Just as long as they remember his name on Primary Day!!!!

mkrfctr
10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
how about a you can wear a Ron Paul t-shirt and shoot people with paint balls, that what you had in mind?

Whoa, hey now! This was my idea, how about a little credit where credit is due. Do a search. Plus, they are called FreedomBallsTM. And the Ron Paul t-shirt is a nice touch, my angle of attack was largely screaming 'YOU JUST GOT RON PAUL'D BITCH!' followed by a lit drop. Name recognition would be 100% guaranteed. And the lit drop would allow them to share both their personal story of being touched by Ron as well as some bullet points on Ron's positions.

JAHOGS
10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Whoa, hey now! This was my idea, how about a little credit where credit is due. Do a search. Plus, they are called FreedomBallsTM. And the Ron Paul t-shirt is a nice touch, my angle of attack was largely screaming 'YOU JUST GOT RON PAUL'D BITCH!' followed by a lit drop. Name recognition would be 100% guaranteed. And the lit drop would allow them to share both their personal story of being touched by Ron as well as some bullet points on Ron's positions.

Hilarious. Nothing says you got Ron Paul'd Bitch better than getting hit by a frozen paint ball.

JoshLowry
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Nice work and welcome to the forums!

parke
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
How about posting a few small yard signs too? Something to the tune of 'ronpaul2008.com'

manny
10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Nice work with the signs Fase; they look great and very clear :)

As to the general question being asked about how much info you can put on a sign I personally feel it's hard to put much more than a name & slogan on a yard sign, especially if it's to be read by people driving. For more info there are TV ads, newspaper ads, slim jims, going door-to-door, booths at shows/fairs, RP in articles, TV shows etc etc. I think every sign just saying "Ron Paul" has an impact, it will make people curious and also work to convince those who might fear "he can't win" since he is anti-establishment that there are many other people who support RP so they need not fear. So keep up the good work :) :)

ThePieSwindler
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
God new england rules in the fall.. i miss it :-(

acstichter
10-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Please make a video or otherwise describe how to build one myself. I love it.

fase2000tdi
10-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Please make a video or otherwise describe how to build one myself. I love it.

10-4