PDA

View Full Version : The double dip has arrived

Sematary
06-23-2011, 07:23 AM
I remember reading (not that long ago) that a double dip recession, while much discussed, had never occurred in our history. I believe that has changed and not surprisingly, the powers that be (our government and the lame stream media) are not willing to tell the American people the truth. But, if you read the news reports and look at the financials, it is quite obvious that if we haven't landed in a double dip recession yet, we aren't far off. First, inflation is through the roof. Of course, the government spins the numbers but we can all see it every time we purchase something and if you read the stories beyond the headlines, the numbers don't lie. Unemployment is not only not improving but is getting worse and has been for months - again, the government spins the numbers and the lame stream media doesn't report the full truth but real unemployment continues to climb with those who no longer collect unemployment checks being dropped like hot rocks from the numbers, keeping the numbers artificially low.
The cost of gasoline, while slightly lower recently, is still a continual drag on the economies of every nation on the planet and the elephant in the room that the government and the media are downplaying is the upcoming debt ceiling confrontation.
If our government doesn't come to some sort of deal, the economy will be wrecked. If they DO come to some sort of deal - and it is going to involve alot of pain for alot of people, the economy is STILL going to pay the price. No matter what they do with this, unless they continue with business as usual - which doesn't look plausible at this point, the economy looks like it will be taking the final stake to the heart that will definitely put the recession on the fast track.
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic but the signs don't look good.....

Danke
06-23-2011, 07:32 AM
//

Sematary
06-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Probably

Sentient Void
06-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh, the market is begging for a massive correction. Bernanke will issue QE3 as a way to create an illusion of propping up the economy. Without it, it will enter a (necessary) deflationary correction (rates are artificially low right now and will just drag this on until the currency collapses or until they allow the correction, and the longer they drag it out the worse and more widespread the correction will be) that will fucking *slam* the stock market, and make late 2008 look like a walk in the park.

Based on this, I believe they will kick the can down the road and certainly engage QE3... the political pressure will be too great not to do so - for both the Obama administration as well as Bernanke.

They are absolutely between a rock and a hard place.