PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore's Pollution Solution: Have Fewer Children!

bobbyw24
06-23-2011, 05:39 AM
In an appearance Monday in New York City, former Vice President Al Gore, prominently known for his climate change activism, took on the subject of population size and the role of society in controlling it to reduce pollution.

He offered some ideas about what might be done for females in the name of stabilizing population growth.

“One of the things we could do about it is to change the technologies, to put out less of this pollution, to stabilize the population, and one of the principle ways of doing that is to empower and educate girls and women,” Gore said. “You have to have ubiquitous availability of fertility management so women can choose how many children have, the spacing of the children.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/21/gore-promoting-fewer-children-to-curb-pollution/#ixzz1Q6A0vKti

sailingaway
06-23-2011, 06:05 AM
We went to below replacement population growth in the 70s. It was about 'sustainability and quality of life.' It is the rest of the world that needs to work on this, and we can't control that. Population growth is a huge issue, but it is also a very personal choice, so it is hard to meddle in.

MikeStanart
06-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Says the hypocrite with 4 children

bobbyw24
06-23-2011, 07:56 AM
I researched the ZPG movement and founder interlocking directorates: Planned Parenthood, FAIR, Sierra Club . . .

Krugerrand
06-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Says the hypocrite with 4 children

His advice is for the mundanes.

oyarde
06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Screw that guy , what a chump.

canadian4ronpaul
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
tell that to africa with average 7 children per woman. the western world is already far below replacement levels

nbhadja
06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I have a better solution. Castrate Gore so he cannot have any more children and then take all of his money that he makes from his scam global warming and give it to the needy in 3rd world countries that his scam of global warming tries to keep down and underdeveloped in a sick silent scheme of population countrol.

jbuttell
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Seems like this advice had been followed by quite a bit of the US population already, to make room for people from other countries that didn't get the memo.

oyarde
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
tell that to africa with average 7 children per woman. the western world is already far below replacement levels

Yeah , the math does not work with these commies , they want to tax & steal all the wealth , but the are not producing enough new victims to steal from. Fail .

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-23-2011, 06:09 PM
The most polluting countries are the developed ones, and we already have as much education and available birth control as you could want. China has already taken drastic measures to control their population. So, I don't know what Gore thinks we're going to do. My guess is some expensive big government interference, but you can't force women to be responsible and not get pregnant.

ItsTime
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
And when in their eyes the "education fails" "women are having to many babies" what happens.......?

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
And when in their eyes the "education fails" "women are having to many babies" what happens.......?Then the government gets in the business of licensing and regulating reproduction, like everything else.

A Son of Liberty
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah , the math does not work with these commies , they want to tax & steal all the wealth , but the are not producing enough new victims to steal from. Fail .

Gonna have to bump up production down on the ol' tax farm. ;)

ItsTime
06-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Then the government gets in the business of licensing and regulating reproduction, like everything else.

Exactly :(

purplechoe
06-24-2011, 02:53 AM
"One of the things we could do about it is to change the technologies, to put out less of this pollution, to stabilize the population, and one of the principle ways of doing that is to empower and educate girls and women,” Gore said. “You have to have ubiquitous availability of fertility management so women can choose how many children have, the spacing of the children."

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzesz4a6/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AlGore.jpg

moostraks
06-24-2011, 09:03 AM
you can't force women to be responsible and not get pregnant.

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Krugerrand
06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)
Agree. There was a time when our society honored mothers/motherhood as its most precious treasure. Societies that wish to continue still do.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I was speaking of unwanted pregnancies -- that's what the Gore quote is referring to with his "fertility management". Obviously, if a woman is married, in a good financial situation, and plans to have children, that is being responsible.

moostraks
06-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I was speaking of unwanted pregnancies -- that's what the Gore quote is referring to with his "fertility management". Obviously, if a woman is married, in a good financial situation, and plans to have children, that is being responsible.

Really? So why was it further put forth that:“You have to lift child survival rates so that parents feel comfortable having small families and most important — you have to educate girls and empower women,” he said. “And that’s the most powerful leveraging factor, and when that happens, then the population begins to stabilize and societies begin to make better choices and more balanced choices.”

He was referring to limiting family size to limit the footprint put forth by polluting humans. This was not limited to unwanted pregnancies. He put forth that by educating (indoctrinating) woman to forego motherhood or at the very least limit their families for the greater good of humanity (because children and future generations are a pox on the earth) then pollution can be controlled. It is irrelevant whether the child is born in wedlock, the point is for them not to be born at all.

This article has further explanation: http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/al-gore-agenda-21-and-population-control

MelissaWV
06-24-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm not having any of my own. Feel free to take up my share.

:)

The idea of getting family planning options to women around the world who actually want them, is great. The trouble is that a lot of those types of organizations would rather force the idea upon women, and look down their noses at those who don't want pills, shots, devices, and condoms in their lives. Then you have Gore. What he said, on its surface, was not a terrible thing, but trying to link it to one's pollution rates? Oh please. Worry about your own family, then, and stop being such a hypocrite, showing up at events you flew to in gas-guzzlers, etc..

awake
06-24-2011, 06:08 PM
The question is this: What would these people do with a dictatorship? Cause the voluntary route isn't acceptable to them.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Really? So why was it further put forth that...My point was you can put out as much education and free birth control as you want, but it's not going to make much difference. Whether he's addressing having one unwanted child, or having many children as a hedge against infant mortality, he's wasting his time.

HOLLYWOOD
06-24-2011, 07:52 PM
How bout the Gores: EAT LESS... or his ex windbag censor less

Nate-ForLiberty
06-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Problem: Global Warming.
Reaction: That's bad.
Solution: Stop Fucking.

.....fail.