PDA

View Full Version : Is/Did Anyone watch Tucker today, I met him in DC / represented RP.

tnvoter
10-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I met him in an airport last night in DC, and talked to him about Ron Paul for a good 10 minutes.

He was a very nice, down to earth guy; I don't get MSNBC but I'm curious if anyone hears him mention running into hardcore RP supporters today on his show. We also had a quick chat on the uninformed public and libertarianism, it was cool!

Any info appreciated :)

I think he wanted to steal my Iphone after I took our picture, I pulled up youtube and started showing him a Ron Paul video hahah

dspectre
10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Interesting Post!!

MsDoodahs
10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Very cool!

I'll try to watch today and let you know if he mentions you...

stones88
10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
very cool. tucker has said many times on his show he's confused who ron's supporters actually are and questions if they really support the bulk of what ron believes.

Starks
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I met Tucker a few years ago during a "Crossfire" tour. He used to be such an asshole and neocon shill when he was on CNN.

Danny Molina
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I met Tucker a few years ago during a "Crossfire" tour. He used to be such an asshole and neocon shill when he was on CNN.

I've noticed this too. Since he's been with MSNBC he's become far less obnoxious. Maybe it's the lack of bowtie.

American
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I met him in an airport last night in DC, and talked to him about Ron Paul for a good 10 minutes.

He was a very nice, down to earth guy; I don't get MSNBC but I'm curious if anyone hears him mention running into hardcore RP supporters today on his show. We also had a quick chat on the uninformed public and libertarianism, it was cool!

Any info appreciated :)

I think he wanted to steal my Iphone after I took our picture, I pulled up youtube and started showing him a Ron Paul video hahah

You didnt talk about 9/11 did you.....lol

Tucker, for me has his good days and his bad days. He says he is a libertarian but always seems to marginalize Ron Paul - Pisses me off

ItsTime
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
after the bashing Tucker put on Huckabee and Clinton last night (out right called her a neo-con shill) I would love to hear a good piece on Ron Paul tonight!

tnvoter
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
You didnt talk about 9/11 did you.....lol

Tucker, for me has his good days and his bad days. He says he is a libertarian but always seems to marginalize Ron Paul - Pisses me off

Of course not haha (I'm not in that bunch), he asked how I was getting involved with the campaign and I mentioned I was heading up the Students for Ron Paul at my local community college.

He also asked- like mentioned by someone earlier, if I thought everyone understood what libertarianism stands for, and I told him that I'm a conservative with libertarian leanings, and that most people are supporting the doctor because they like everything he's saying, and not everyone associates it with a title, such as libertarianism. I added, in reference to the many uninformed americans, how most of my english class when doing a report on china - hadn't even heard the dhali lama was banned from China.

So it was a basic chat, shoot the stuff - kinda conversation, but he was a really nice guy. I hope he mentioned something!

Here's the photo of me with him --

me - "I just woke up from my flight - oh god haha"

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3820/tuckerfm0.jpg

Nash
10-30-2007, 05:01 PM
That's way cool you got to chat with him. I would have asked him (nicely) what he's trying to do with the "can we all stop pretending to love Ron Paul" schtick he's been doing lately.

I just wonder what is going on in his head when he's saying that stuff. I'm really curious. I think he will vote for RP if he's within striking distance when voting comes to his state though.

speciallyblend
10-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Great Post thanks;)

Stealth4
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Of course not haha (I'm not in that bunch), he asked how I was getting involved with the campaign and I mentioned I was heading up the Students for Ron Paul at my local community college.

He also asked- like mentioned by someone earlier, if I thought everyone understood what libertarianism stands for, and I told him that I'm a conservative with libertarian leanings, and that most people are supporting the doctor because they like everything he's saying, and not everyone associates it with a title, such as libertarianism. I added, in reference to the many uninformed americans, how most of my english class when doing a report on china - hadn't even heard the dhali lama was banned from China.

So it was a basic chat, shoot the stuff - kinda conversation, but he was a really nice guy. I hope he mentioned something!

Here's the photo of me with him --

me - "I just woke up from my flight - oh god haha"

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3820/tuckerfm0.jpg

yeah, you have a little bit of a crazy look to ya.

CoreyBowen999
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Great Post and picture haha!

tnvoter
10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah, you have a little bit of a crazy look to ya.

haha, I just woke up from cross-country traveling. The day I decide not to shave -- run into nationally known newscasters. Go figure!
but I'm also a student, so we have a tendency to be able to get away with it. ;)