PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Issues Statement on Obama Afghanistan Speech

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 08:10 PM
“This move is too little, too late,” said Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton. “When candidate Obama was running for the presidency, he campaigned largely on bringing our troops home, yet we are not only still in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we’ve expanded into Libya, Yemen, and Pakistan. Despite this purely political move, there will still be thousands of American soldiers in harm’s way by the end of this drawdown.”

“Osama Bin Laden was very clear about his desire to suck America into a no-win war in the Middle East so they could pick us off over there,” continued Benton.

“We shouldn’t allow Bin Laden to win from beyond the grave; we have fallen precisely into the trap he set for us – stretching our forces thin trying to nation-build and sending our men and women to fight without clear objectives. Afghanistan was the downfall of the Soviet Union. We must act now so it is not the same for America. It’s time to bring our troops home to defend this country.”

For more information on Congressman Ron Paul’s Presidential Campaign visit www.RonPaul2012.com.

http://gamutnews.com/20110622/33389/ron-paul-campaign-issues-statement-on-obama-afghanistan-speech.html

also here: http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/11/06/b1194118/ron-paul-campaign-issues-statement-on-obama-afghanistan-speech

QueenB4Liberty
06-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Here here!

BrendenR
06-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm loving these press releases.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm loving these press releases.

me too.

BUSHLIED
06-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Now we are talking. Campaign gets +1rep!

Let's hope the "Press" picks this up and reports about it...I am sure Ron will be on tv again tomorrow to talk about the President's Afghan address.

Press releases are a signal that the campaign is following events in real time and are responding to them to ensure that the voters know where candidates stand on major issues or developing issues...not to mention giving the press something to report about...this issue of afghan and Libya is now a net positive for Ron, since he is the pure anti-war candidate in the race and so the media can try to spin it, but Ron now has renewed credibility on the issue and talking about for him is helpful.

In the next debate, this is sure to be a question:

Congressman Paul, Obama announced the reduction of 33,000 troops from Afghan by the summer of 2012, do you agree this policy?

trey4sports
06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Good to see the campaign is doing its job.