PDA

View Full Version : New Survey USA Poll of Minnesotan voters has Ron Paul tied for third

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 07:57 PM
with Bachmann behind Romney and Pawlenty. Well, it is Minnesota. Only there and in next door states would this happen, but unfortunately Iowa is a neighbor...something to keep in mind....

Other interesting points...http://kstp.com/article/stories/S2168808.shtml?cat=1

rp08orbust
06-22-2011, 07:59 PM
13% on Bachmann's and Pawlenty's turf = Awesome.

17 Asked of 558 registered voters
Margin of Sampling Error for this question = ± 4.2%

Who would make the best Republican nominee for President? Tim Pawlenty? Ron Paul? Mitt Romney? Michelle Bachmann? Herman Cain? Rick Santorum?Jon Huntsman? Rick Perry? Or Newt Gingrich?

29% Romney
23% Pawlenty
13% Paul
13% Bachmann
4% Cain
3% Gingrich
2% Perry
1% Santorum
1% Huntsman
11% Not Sure

JamesButabi
06-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Thats damn good!

hillertexas
06-22-2011, 08:04 PM
awesome

tsai3904
06-22-2011, 08:08 PM
That question was asked to all 558 registered voters, which includes Democrats and Republicans. They did ask who registered Republicans would vote for in the primary but they didn't list the results.

When all registered voters are asked who would make the best Republican nominee, Pawlenty finishes 2nd behind Mitt Romney, with Ron Paul and Bachmann tied for 3rd place. When just answers from MN Republicans are examined, Pawlenty finishes 1st, with Romney and Bachmann tied for 2nd.

cindy25
06-22-2011, 08:09 PM
huge blow to Bachmann and Pawlenty

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
That question was asked to all 558 registered voters, which includes Democrats and Republicans. They did ask who registered Republicans would vote for in the primary but they didn't list the results.

yeah. I don't know who all can vote in Minnesota in the primary....

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
States with Open Primaries
Seventeen states use an open party primary system, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia and Wisconsin. Of these states, Hawaii, Minnesota and North Dakota conduct open caucus elections.

Read more: Which States Use an Open Primary Election? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6098671_states-use-open-primary-election_.html#ixzz1Q3tD3dQB

:p

Badger Paul
06-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Minnesota is a caucus state so it's whoever shows up. But we have a good RP organization there.

James Madison
06-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Wow. Cain has absolutely imploded. :)

Michael Landon
06-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Minnesota is a caucus state so it's whoever shows up. But we have a good RP organization there.

Yes we do. I'm highly optimistic about our chances this year.

- ML

White Bear Lake
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
MN will deliver for Paul. We just need other states before us to come through so MN is relevant.

trey4sports
06-22-2011, 09:05 PM
MN will deliver for Paul. We just need other states before us to come through so MN is relevant.

WORD! We need to win Iowa!

Michigan11
06-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Ron's momentum is building, up, then down a bit, then up, and up again...

That Iowa fundraising donation site should be on his main site, if it weren't for this forum, I would never have seen it

cindy25
06-22-2011, 10:24 PM
WORD! We need to win Iowa!

New Hampshire is the big one; 2nd place in Iowa would be fine. Bachmann will take Iowa.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
New Hampshire is the big one; 2nd place in Iowa would be fine. Bachmann will take Iowa.

I don't know. I think it depends on who is running when the primary actually occurs. What if Palin comes in?

Agorism
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
T-Paw cant win his own state as a governor

2young2vote
06-22-2011, 10:29 PM
This is really good. I'm going to not put too much into polls at this time, though. McCain got the nomination and he didn't even start polling well until a few weeks before the primary.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
This is really good. I'm going to not put too much into polls at this time, though. McCain got the nomination and he didn't even start polling well until a few weeks before the primary.

I'm convinced McCain happened because Florida Dems were told their votes wouldn't count when the primary was moved up to too early, so they voted in the GOP primary, for McCain. And the conservatives were too fractured.

trey4sports
06-22-2011, 10:37 PM

no no, you've got it backwards. Iowa is up for grabs, and Paul polls pretty well there. N.H., Romney has a 20+ lead over Ron and Rons negs are higher than his positives in N.H.

A good showing in NH would be nice, but Iowa is where its at.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 10:50 PM
no no, you've got it backwards. Iowa is up for grabs, and Paul polls pretty well there. N.H., Romney has a 20+ lead over Ron and Rons negs are higher than his positives in N.H.

A good showing in NH would be nice, but Iowa is where its at.

Romney's lead is going to be hard to erode completely unless Huntsman or Perry split it, but they may well. Ron's negatives shouldn't matter since people can't vote 'against' him but only for their own candidate. He will get the votes measured by his positives.

But I agree Ron is definitely in the mix for Iowa. Pawlenty and Bachmann have an edge due to geography and (for Bachmann) birth, but Ron still has a lot going there. We shall see.

Maximus
06-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Wow. Cain has absolutely imploded. :)

Yup :) Bachmann took him out

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Yup :) Bachmann took him out

Not entirely. There was no 'there' there and it was just a matter of time with him. He did himself no favors in the New Hampshire debate.

trey4sports
06-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Its going to be a three legged race as far as i can tell.

Romney VS. (Bachmann VS Paul)

HarryBrowneLives
06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I think maybe we need a Perry ... or another establsihment alternative to Romney ... or at least pull away from Bachman to be a close second to Romney and have some big mo by the time the western states turn up. In other words, we need the race to come more down to turnout. We're doing very well though and seem to keep ticking and inching up a little at a time. Name ID is sooooo much better now. We just have to get Ron's negatives down. The ads should help with this. I predict the primary is gonna turn nasty pretty quick as candidates like Pawlempty get desperate at the end of their campaigns. That should bode well for us.

White Bear Lake
06-22-2011, 11:32 PM
T-Paw cant win his own state as a governor

Although they're both from here, neither Bachmann nor Pawlenty are very popular. Bachmann represents an extremely conservative district yet still manages to under-perform. Her margin of victory in her district in the last two elections was less than half of McCain's margin in her district. Outside of the district she's hated. The local media rips on her daily.

Pawlenty is more widely liked but the conservative base in MN distrusts him. He's perceived, rightly so, as selling out to the DFL on a few key bills in his second term. His support of using public funding to build a new Twins and Gophers stadium may have won him support around the state, but it pissed off a lot of fiscal cons. And his support of ethanol subsidies is popular in the farming areas, but farming areas are virtually meaningless in a GOP caucus here. The Twin Cities suburbs completely dominate Republican politics in MN. Whoever is most popular in Anoka, Wright, and Stearns county will win the caucus.

White Bear Lake
06-22-2011, 11:37 PM
I think maybe we need a Perry ... or another establsihment alternative to Romney ... or at least pull away from Bachman to be a close second to Romney and have some big mo by the time the western states turn up. In other words, we need the race to come more down to turnout. We're doing very well though and seem to keep ticking and inching up a little at a time. Name ID is sooooo much better now. We just have to get Ron's negatives down. The ads should help with this. I predict the primary is gonna turn nasty pretty quick as candidates like Pawlempty get desperate at the end of their campaigns. That should bode well for us.

Either Perry or Guilliani will jump in. I read some where they're friends and one of the two will decide to run.

I can't decide if Palin entering would help or hurt us. Yes we might get some of her supporters if she doesn't come in. But she might split a lot with Bachmann, too. I'm leaning towards wanting her to run. I think at this point, the more high profile candidates that run, the better it is for us.

Matthew Zak
06-22-2011, 11:58 PM
I live in MN and I was not represented in that poll.