PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul talks electability, Huntsman entrance to GOP field (Iowa, yesterday)

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Ron Paul talks electability, Huntsman entrance to GOP field

Read more: http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/blogs/politically_speaking/article_0d44bc58-59bc-53db-b4e8-19e54363eea6.html#ixzz1Q3UEdJ65

Billay
06-22-2011, 06:42 PM
7%? I thought he was polling at 15%?

Bruno
06-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Good stuff. Give the author some traffic.

Paul said he's reaching out to people who will support him in the August Iowa Republican Party straw poll, which he said will show which candidates can forge ahead. "Those eight other (GOP) candidates don't have it in the bag," he said.

I think that was a different poll?

Guitarzan
06-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Great article, and Ron had a great answer to the 'electability' question:

"Four years ago, I was less electable than now, because the people are moving in this direction, there is no doubt. The economy is getting worse and the answers are out there. So I would say that what I've done over the years -- 12 different times I've been elected to Congress with these views, that when people knew me and understood me and trusted me and knew what my issues were, I was very electable."

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 06:47 PM

It is just one poll not the average. I don't remember it exactly.

CaptUSA
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM
We could all take a lesson from this interview. (By the way, Sailing, do you ever sleep? Another great catch!).

This is the proper way to appeal across the board to people who may be considering other candidates. There is a place and time to call the other candidates out on their records, but you don't want to turn off their supporters. Eventually, these other guys will begin dropping out of the race and if we've been demonizing their guy the whole time, it makes it hard to gain their support.