PDA

View Full Version : What to do this time?

anewvoice
06-22-2011, 04:11 PM
It's still early in this cycle but I'm already feeling like I am not doing enough early enough this time around. In the last election cycle, I bumper magneted my car, walked neighborhoods distributing pamphlets, attended meetups, Ron Paul events in Dearborn and University of Michigan, hung highway signs, internet faxes, mass e-mails... donated..... other words, very active.

4 years later, I'm in a different place, more work, less time and I've really only donated money to the campaign. Looking at the forums, there are <100 people viewing at most time (when I'm online anyway), and no real meetups that I've found. Perhaps with the campaign running more and the grassroots running less, the focus isn't in MI, perhaps I'm too busy to know better but I was wondering what folks from 2008 are doing.

I just watched the soon to be DVD video, and while it was a great nostalgia, it also made me feel as if we've lost some of the creativity, but again that could just be me.

What's to be done this time around? Give money, leave it to the campaign? Is Facebook the better avenue now? What are yall doing?

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
definitely give money, he needs it something fierce, particularly to the Iowa projects. http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php those are official campaign projects started after we had been starting county fairs - now we are looking at ones they didn't choose. But as you can see, they need funding. If you push the donate link it dumps you into the official campaign site for donating; I assume it tracks where you came from for allocation of funds.

Also, going into meetups and contacting those in Iowa is one thing, giving them this place and www.iowaforronpaul.com to help connect them to the campaign to get into the straw poll. There is also a phone bank going on, but that is controversial because the campaign is going to have one. You can volunteer through the campaign web page and through iowaforronpaul.com. Have you looked at the subproject forums under Ron Paul 2012 for the county fairs etc?

We were talking about maybe putting an ad at the top of Drudge but then we started trying to push funding by end of quarter reporting period for the iowa projects because we expect some others to be reporting big totals.

also, Ron needs likes to his official facebook page, MB is catching up. http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul And followers on twitter: @RonPaul

I'll let others chime in.

What do you suggest?

Brandon Todd Carr
06-22-2011, 04:43 PM
rp2012.org to make calls to Iowa to get people to support Ron Paul in the Ames Straw poll.

Make Youtube videos about Ron Paul.

Lots of creative things can be done. :D

ForLiberty2012
06-22-2011, 05:14 PM
As suggested by an active post...

http://www.ronpaultipbomb.com/uploads/7/7/8/1/7781957/keeptips.pdf

Napoleon's Shadow
06-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Get the voter rolls for your county, get a county map with precincts, figure out which precincts are the most Republican, go door-to-door at the likely Republican voters' houses with Ron Paul literature in those specific precincts.

That's how we can win.

Dorfsmith
06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
We're organizing everything through Facebook this time. We're going to have an entry in the July 4th Parade, a booth at the County Fair and we're going to be knocking on doors soon. We also registered Republican and are in the process of becoming PCs. Here's our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/dorfsmith#!/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-Flagstaff-Arizona/141707019230784

Carehn
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Get the voter rolls for your county, get a county map with precincts, figure out which precincts are the most Republican, go door-to-door at the likely Republican voters' houses with Ron Paul literature in those specific precincts.

That's how we can win.

Thats crazy talk!!!

Your saying we should all become PCs in our local republican party and then take over the executive and state party by simply outvoting the old guard? Are you trying to say you then want us to organize our precincts and support only those we want to?

You don't really think that getting involved in politics in such a productive and efficient way such as you suggested can actually work do you?

Patrick Henry
06-22-2011, 08:48 PM
definitely give money, he needs it something fierce, particularly to the Iowa projects. http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php those are official campaign projects started after we had been starting county fairs - now we are looking at ones they didn't choose. But as you can see, they need funding.

Not to get off subject, but I think the only people that know about the Iowa projects are those of us here. Does anybody know if the campaign website plans to put these on the site? Heck, I didn't even know about this 'till a week ago.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Thats crazy talk!!!

Your saying we should all become PCs in our local republican party and then take over the executive and state party by simply outvoting the old guard? Are you trying to say you then want us to organize our precincts and support only those we want to?

You don't really think that getting involved in politics in such a productive and efficient way such as you suggested can actually work do you?
Lovin your sarcasm :p

sailingaway
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
We're organizing everything through Facebook this time. We're going to have an entry in the July 4th Parade, a booth at the County Fair and we're going to be knocking on doors soon. We also registered Republican and are in the process of becoming PCs. Here's our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/dorfsmith#!/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-Flagstaff-Arizona/141707019230784

When he says 'we', recognize that different areas are doing it differently. Have you checked out meetup.com for your area for a meet up on Ron Paul Campaigns? There is likely one active there. But keep in touch here, too.

And I agree with Napoleon's Shadow about the voter info and walking precincts, it is just easier and more fun to organize in a group, and a meetup in your area could chip in for the cost of the information, and use it together.