PDA

View Full Version : True of false? RP is currently undergoing a massive fastforward

febo
06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
??

Chester Copperpot
06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
what does that even mean?

febo
06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
he's moving forward much faster than ever before. Define "moving forward" however you like.

brandon
06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
he's moving forward much faster than ever before. Define "moving forward" however you like.

So it could mean basically anything at all? In that case, I'm going to go with true.

What's with the massive influx of crazies today?

Nate-ForLiberty
06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
So it could mean basically anything at all? In that case, I'm going to go with true.

What's with the massive influx of crazies today?

Srsly f'd up day, no doubt!

BUSHLIED
06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
After the press I have read coming out over the last 24hrs I would have to say that Ron is gaining credibility...however if you have been following closely, Ron is almost always interviewed around major policy announcements from the WH or world developments ...I think they know what Ron's position is and so the invite him on get the opposing view...you'll find that he'll get like 3-4 interviews in 24 hours when something happens, particularly after Ben B speaks...

I hope the campaign still issues a "press release" about the obama draw-down...

enjerth
06-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I thought you were talking about Flash Forward.

Hmm... Ron Paul experienced a massive Flash Forward?

axiomata
06-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Shit, he just got stuck in the tape player.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I think Sulu just hit warp speed!

GunnyFreedom
06-22-2011, 10:28 PM
"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." George Washington.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 10:42 PM

I hope the campaign still issues a "press release" about the obama draw-down...

I already posted it in general politics.

here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300024-Ron-Paul-Campaign-Issues-Statement-on-Obama-Afghanistan-Speech

james1906
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Ron Paul is a hillbilly rockstar out of control.

White Bear Lake
06-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Dude you should buy some more pop, I'm freezing down here.

febo
06-23-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm funky, not crazy.

GunnyFreedom
06-23-2011, 01:59 AM
o.O

Esoteric
06-23-2011, 04:16 AM
it seems like the OP may belong to the heroin-wing of the ron paul movement.

febo
06-23-2011, 05:21 AM

Wow I didn't anticipate that the word fastforward would be so Weltanschauung offending!
First I'm a crazy for using it, now I'm a hard core drug taker.
Will that put me off from expressing my optimism? No!

shrugged0106
06-23-2011, 05:36 AM
I dont understand the question. I'm sorry, maybe I'm getting to old. (If you mean that the issues he has espoused for decades are advancing into the light and gaining more and more popularity among those who hadnt been supportive in the past, then True)

ds21089
06-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Wow I didn't anticipate that the word fastforward would be so Weltanschauung offending!
First I'm a crazy for using it, now I'm a hard core drug taker.
Will that put me off from expressing my optimism? No!

Yeah a lot of people here seem to be quick to insult others. I hope they don't act this way when trying to convince people about Ron Paul. "Hey are you going to vote for Ron Paul" "No, I'm voting for Obama" "Obama?!? Are you a fucking moron? Why would you vote for that piece of shit?" *conversation ends there*

How about instead of being negative to this person for no reason, you guys act remotely similar to the gentleman we are promoting to be president. Do you think Ron Paul would've thrown insults...hell not to even one of his enemies...TO A LIBERTY-MINDED person sharing the same interest? I've noticed a lot of negativity on these forums lately and it's only going to drive people away. Instead of "hey you crazy person heroin nutjob wtf did you say" you guys instead say "sorry, i don't quite understand what you meant by the wording, could you please rephrase?" Where are the manners?! We are the ones that are supposed to be helping Ron Paul get elected and bringing about a great change in society. We can't do that if the only people fighting for this cause are still being immoral.

Febo, I think you should apologize for saying that Ron Paul is gaining momentum at a lot faster pace this go around. Clearly that is blasphemous.

shrugged0106
06-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Yeah a lot of people here seem to be quick to insult others. I hope they don't act this way when trying to convince people about Ron Paul. "Hey are you going to vote for Ron Paul" "No, I'm voting for Obama" "Obama?!? Are you a fucking moron? Why would you vote for that piece of shit?" *conversation ends there*

How about instead of being negative to this person for no reason, you guys act remotely similar to the gentleman we are promoting to be president. Do you think Ron Paul would've thrown insults...hell not to even one of his enemies...TO A LIBERTY-MINDED person sharing the same interest? I've noticed a lot of negativity on these forums lately and it's only going to drive people away. Instead of "hey you crazy person heroin nutjob wtf did you say" you guys instead say "sorry, i don't quite understand what you meant by the wording, could you please rephrase?" Where are the manners?! We are the ones that are supposed to be helping Ron Paul get elected and bringing about a great change in society. We can't do that if the only people fighting for this cause are still being immoral.

Febo, I think you should apologize for saying that Ron Paul is gaining momentum at a lot faster pace this go around. Clearly that is blasphemous.

I took a very long hiatus from posting here after the 08 run because of a lot of the nastiness that I started seeing posted. It bumms me out when it goes that way.

febo
06-23-2011, 06:01 AM
I dont understand the question. I'm sorry, maybe I'm getting to old. (If you mean that the issues he has espoused for decades are advancing into the light and gaining more and more popularity among those who hadnt been supportive in the past, then True)

Gee I just meant - when you look at (what I believe is)
- the marked improvement in Paul's speech making, debating and interviewing - there's more force coming from it
- some of the polls (the big wins and, oddly enough, that 0% poll)
- the way in which other candidates are acknowledging him
- the extra respect from the media
- his central stage placement in the debate
.. aren't these all signs that his campaign is, er gaining momentum?

It was my ham fisted attempt to whip up excitement.

shrugged0106
06-23-2011, 06:22 AM
- the marked improvement in Paul's speech making, debating and interviewing - there's more force coming from it

Thats what I assumed and was hoping you meant! I agree (said that in the post too)

V3n
06-23-2011, 07:47 AM
If you compare his name recognition, media coverage, and donation totals from where he was in June 2007 to where he is in June 2011, I would say there is no doubt he's fastforwarded!

Revolution9
06-23-2011, 07:51 AM

I knew exactly what you meant. Ignore the clowns. If they continue the dishonorable behavior they will meet their undoing in a hail of harsh laughter. I guarantee it.

Rev9

Jake Ralston
06-23-2011, 07:58 AM
I'll take an insult-happy poster over a ban-happy moderater any day. Just sayin'.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I'll take an insult-happy poster over a ban-happy moderater any day. Just sayin'.

lol true

Bobster
06-23-2011, 08:44 AM
He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya!

Valli6
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
he's moving forward much faster than ever before...
What I'm noticing the last few days is - he appears to be having an affect on the administration's moves. Perhaps I'm just biased by my own perspective but;

Ron Paul is loudly adamant in a recent debate about bringing all the troops home and-

Obama does a primetime speech trying to make it sound like he's taking them out of Afghanistan. (another mission accomplished! …in a few more years…sort of.)

Ron Paul is about to introduce a bill decriminalizing marijuana and -

Hillary Clintons is in South America decrying drug cartel violence, and pledging more of our money ($300 million, a 10% increase from last year) to save everyone.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/us-pledges-foreign-aid-fight-drug-cartels_n_882470.html

It's like they're already battling it out.

DirtMcGirt
06-23-2011, 12:33 PM

Yep, I absolutely agree with you.
I emailed a handful of my friends the article about RP's "No tax on tips" and they all had positive things to say about RP.

steph3n
06-23-2011, 12:43 PM

umm clearly that is exactly how some of the ron Paul supporters do things, on news articles, on forums, and clearly in person because there are a lot of local people here with first hand experience to crazy RP supporters.

One told me that a group of 4 would not leave the sidewalk of their driveway till they took a flyer :( Guys that's not going to make friends or voters!

DirtMcGirt
06-23-2011, 11:51 PM

Do you enjoy being a downer?