PDA

View Full Version : Only 30% certain to vote for Obama; 61% think by election he 'had his chance'2 fix economy

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 01:27 PM
economy

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-22/obama-gets-30-of-americans-certain-to-support-re-election-in-economy-poll.html

Americans are growing more dissatisfied with President Barack Obama’s handling of the economy and say it will be hard to vote to re-elect him without seeing significant progress over the next year and a half.
By a margin of 61 percent to 37 percent, a Bloomberg National Poll conducted June 17-20 shows Americans say they believe that Obama will have had his chance to make the economy “substantially better” by the end of 2012.
Only 30 percent of respondents said they are certain to vote for the president and 36 percent said they definitely won’t. Among likely independent voters, only 23 percent said they will back his re-election, while 36 percent said they definitely will look for another candidate.
“As far as the economy goes, I don’t see that he has delivered on the change that he promised,” said Sharon Ortiz, a 38-year-old independent voter from Hampton, Virginia, who supported Obama in 2008. “The jobs that he promised -- I haven’t seen it.”

more at link.

h/t drudgereport

ItsTime
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
"If it takes me more than 3 years to fix this economy you can gladly call me a one term president" paraphrase Obama in 2009.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks, ItsTime, that looks like it should join the other Obama quote in my signature....I just have to find the exact words.

squarepusher
06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
who else besides Obama though? A democrat wont run against him. Think a repub can win?

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 02:26 PM
who else besides Obama though? A democrat wont run against him. Think a repub can win?

I LITERALLY think Ron Paul could win, if we could get him through the primary. That isn't just partisanism, although there may be bias. People TRUST him.

squarepusher
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I LITERALLY think Ron Paul could win, if we could get him through the primary. That isn't just partisanism, although there may be bias. People TRUST him.

well I think everyone here is rooting for Ron Paul