PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: "I don't want to hear" Obama's pulling out 5,000 troops or 10,000 - more needed

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
With President Obama set to announce the start of a troop withdrawal from Afghanistan Wednesday night, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul already knows it will be inadequate from his perspective.

“I don't want to hear that he's going to bring 5,000 troops home or 10,000 troops. We need to have a significant change in foreign policy, which means that all the troops come home and turn that country back over to the Afghans. And let them deal with it,” Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas, told us on ABC’s “Top Line” today.

Paul brushed aside concerns about an increased terrorist threat if U.S. troops leave, arguing that a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan will actually make the U.S. safer.

“We'll have less danger to us if we don't occupy foreign countries, because that's the top motivation for the desire to come here and kill Americans -- is because we've invaded their land,” Paul said. “What if another country did that to us? Every American would be together. If the Chinese did to us what we do to other countries, no American would say, ‘Aw, that's okay, they're nice people. Maybe we can learn their culture and their religion.’ It would be insane.”

more at link and it is all worth reading.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/06/ron-paul-nothing-for-us-to-be-gained-by-leaving-troops-in-afghanistan.html

Does anyone have the video of this interview, by the way?

low preference guy
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't want to hear that he's going to bring 5,000 troops home or 10,000 troops. We need to have a significant change in foreign policy, which means that all the troops come home and turn that country back over to the Afghans. And let them deal with it

Excellent!

low preference guy
06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Does anyone have the video of this interview, by the way?

there is a short video on your link.

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
there is a short video on your link.

:o

low preference guy
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
:o

they probably posted it after you made your post

malkusm
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM
If the Chinese did to us what we do to other countries, no American would say, ‘Aw, that's okay, they're nice people. Maybe we can learn their culture and their religion.’ It would be insane.

I know he's said similar things before, but I'm not sure if he's said it quite like this with the "Maybe we can learn" bit....it's quite awesome.

ClayTrainor
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
“What if another country did that to us? Every American would be together. If the Chinese did to us what we do to other countries, no American would say, ‘Aw, that's okay, they're nice people. Maybe we can learn their culture and their religion.’ It would be insane.”

http://files.sharenator.com/CLAPPING_GIF_RE_OK_PEOPLE_I_NEED_YOU_HELP-s300x225-49282.gif

smartguy911
06-22-2011, 01:21 PM
what is the heck is topline? I am guessing this is online only??

Chieppa1
06-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I know he's said similar things before, but I'm not sure if he's said it quite like this with the "Maybe we can learn" bit....it's quite awesome.

“What if another country did that to us? Every American would be together. If the Chinese did to us what we do to other countries, no American would say, ‘Aw, that's okay, they're nice people. Maybe we can learn their culture and their religion.’ It would be insane.”

Yeah its different and great. I posted it on Twitter and FB WITHOUT quoting who said it. Funny how many more responses I get when I don't put "Ron Paul" after it. I swear people are just afraid of supporting him.

gls
06-22-2011, 01:26 PM
If the Chinese did to us what we do to other countries, no American would say, "Aw, that's okay, they're nice people. Maybe we can learn their culture and their religion.' It would be insane."

Actually the communist Chinese government is in the process of establishing defacto colonies smack in the heartland of America and no one cares.

see: http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/7797-idaho-governor-selling-his-state-to-the-chinese

MRK
06-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Another soldier from Indiana was killed in Afghanistan this week. Partial withdrawal wont totally prevent more tragedies like this from happening. He was 21 years old with a child on the way who will never know his father.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-22-2011, 03:37 PM
“What if another country did that to us? Every American would be together. If the Chinese did to us what we do to other countries, no American would say, ‘Aw, that's okay, they're nice people. Maybe we can learn their culture and their religion.’ It would be insane.” The bad thing is, I don't think many Republican voters give that argument much credit. I don't think many of them are able to put themselves in another country's shoes and see things from their perspective.

To them, America's way is the right way and anything we do is right and just, and questioning that is treason. :rolleyes: This kind of philosophical thinking is frowned upon by them.