06-21-2011, 08:45 PM
lol not a bad article, unless your name happens to rhyme with Dim Dawlenty

Sola_Fide
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Pawlenty's done.

We need to attack Robmey and Bachmann.

sailingaway
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't 'attack' Bachmann, I'd point things out. There are a lot of people who like her but think she is more like Ron than she is because they know she attended Ron's lunches and spoke with him. Some of them look at her as 'Ron but younger ' or whatever. A number of people on twitter only needed to know she voted for the Patriot Act, or supported the middle east wars.

stefank
06-21-2011, 10:10 PM
most people who support bachman and herman cain also support ron paul sad but true. If we end up winning ames they will notice that ron has a better chance of getting nominated then both of them and im sure they would end up voting for ron

XTreat
06-21-2011, 10:21 PM
I prefer Ron Paul rabble to old school tea party freak. just sayin.

MJU1983
06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
most people who support bachman and herman cain also support ron paul sad but true. If we end up winning ames they will notice that ron has a better chance of getting nominated then both of them and im sure they would end up voting for ron

That's a good point...

Sola_Fide
06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't 'attack' Bachmann, I'd point things out. There are a lot of people who like her but think she is more like Ron than she is because they know she attended Ron's lunches and spoke with him. Some of them look at her as 'Ron but younger ' or whatever. A number of people on twitter only needed to know she voted for the Patriot Act, or supported the middle east wars.

Yeah. I agree.

BUSHLIED
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Bachman had a much better performance at the debate and at the SRLC...objectively she is doing a great job...if Ron spoke like her...we wouldn't be having this conversation...she is a better candidate than Ron..if she was anti-war, she would be more palatable to me..but I can see how she integrates the tea party with the neo-cons and the social conservatives...she is the dark horse.

to be honest, the anti-war stance of Paul's is my main issue...I don't trust any other candidate to end the wars as soon as possible but Paul...ending the fed is much less of an issue for me...slashing the DHS is more important and I trust Ron would work to have that done...anything to with the 'war on terror' and war I am against...a lot of the other stuff must be done by Congress anyway...

Ron stresses the FED way too much and doesn't really do a good job explaining how the FED messes things up...he uses weird phrases etc...Bachman addresses the FED by keeping it simply..."devaluing the dollar..."

MJU1983
06-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Ron stresses the FED way too much and doesn't really do a good job explaining how the FED messes things up...he uses weird phrases etc...Bachman addresses the FED by keeping it simply..."devaluing the dollar..."

Ron Paul made me want to read his book...so I bought End The Fed. He does a pretty good job in there. I didn't need a 30 second or 1 minute sound bite to form my opinion around the man and the fed. And just know that I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter in 2008 but I am now - 100%.

libertybrewcity
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Lol, funny article. i guess we're old tea party freaks. I'm down!

If any of the presidential candidates were to drop out and endorse someone, we would have the best luck with Bachmann. (not including Johnson)

sailingaway
06-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Lol, funny article. i guess we're old tea party freaks. I'm down!

If any of the presidential candidates were to drop out and endorse someone, we would have the best luck with Bachmann. (not including Johnson)

I think she's thinking of a VP or next round slot. I wouldn't expect her to endorse early, even if she pulls out.

I think, by the way she plans a big rally for her campaign kick off tomorrow. And to keep her announcement buzz going twice as long by doing it in two weeks.

randomname
06-21-2011, 11:55 PM

Dunno, she's a real threat for Ames...

S.Shorland
06-22-2011, 04:38 AM
That's very true.I have the distinct impression that he was the establishment choice against Paul but the man is SO DAMN boring that he could shout 'fire' in a cinema and people wouldn't care.Watch him in the last debate when they show Paul in profile and him watching.HE DOESN'T KNOW WHERE HE IS! If they can make him President,they can make water run uphill and hope is lost anyway.

SUBTITLE:

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/06/21/pawlenty_ad_buy