PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for those of us that use youtube

cujothekitten
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,
I've been noticing a few videos that pop up on the most discussed pages where people are commenting on Ron Paul videos that have a trap in the title. Videos that might be titled "Ron Paul is bad" or "Don't vote for Ron Paul" might not be a bad video about him.

Some tubers use titles like that to get users that don't like Ron Paul to watch. When something like this happens I see a lot of comments that are rude and directed to the publisher of the video... obviously some people aren't watching the whole video or they wouldn't be making those kinds of comments.

I'd like to offer up some suggestions so you don't look silly in the comments section.

1.) Never judge a video by its title. Watch the whole video and read the video description.

2.) If a video is negative be polite and accurate in your posts. Calling someone a Jew loving fascist is appalling and just makes us all look bad and crazy.

3.) If a video is blatantly smearing Ron Paul check the users subscriptions before making a comment. If he/she only has 1 or 2 subscribers and you comment on the video you are just bumping it faster. By flaming the video maker you are bringing the video more publicity. Don't waste your time with it. It will float off into youtube obscurity.

4.) If the video is a blogger commenting on Ron Paul be polite, if he/she is polite in response subscribe and continue commenting on their videos about different issues they bring up. They respect their subscribers more than a random commenter and will be more receptive to your views.

5.) Make your posts original each time. It validates that there is an actual person behind the computer that is interested in the topic... not just some person spamming Ron Paul videos.