PDA

View Full Version : RT : Police wage war on cameras

jmdrake
06-21-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't know if this has been posted already. If so, mods feel free to merge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCSfPUyfeU&feature=relmfu

liberty2897
06-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Here is another.. The cops didn't feel safe with her video-taping
http://www.pixiq.com/article/rochester-police-arrest-woman-for-videotaping-them

flightlesskiwi
06-22-2011, 09:36 AM
That is horrific! I can't even believe that, you can't film them!? There are cameras on us everywhere we go, but if we try to film a cop, we get arrested? What the hell is happening?

we are living in a police state, that's what is happening.

we are the mundanes, they are the enforcers. get it? now go back to sleep. you have no right to question the State.

Trigonx
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Here is another.. The cops didn't feel safe with her video-taping
http://www.pixiq.com/article/rochester-police-arrest-woman-for-videotaping-them

That pisses me off, Cops expect people to obey everything they say. Fuck that. If he feels so unsafe why not get the fuck back into his car and leave the people alone.

idirtify
06-22-2011, 08:12 PM
If you ever have a confrontation with police, say nothing. This is especially true when taping them. If you must talk, only ask questions. Like, “what is your name and badge number; am I under arrest; am I braking a law; what law am I breaking; am I being detained; am I free to go; what is the charge?” But saying nothing is still better. That being said, it is good to narrate the basics in a low voice at the onset of recording. Your camera will easily pick up your own whisper, so you can narrate the situation for later viewers to hear (friends, attorneys, juries, judges, YouTube) without cops hearing what you are saying. Things like time, date, location, situation, and your name are good to record. Remember these points because they are getting more and more fundamental as state tyranny gets worse and recording technology gets better.

Oh…and NEVER lower your camera. Recording a cop trying to grab it is the “money shot”.

Dr.3D
06-22-2011, 08:25 PM
If I was treating people like that cop does, I wouldn't feel safe either.

madengr
06-22-2011, 09:28 PM
So are there any apps for iPhone or Android that stream recoded video in real time to a server? This is a precaution against them smashing or seizing your phone?

flightlesskiwi
06-22-2011, 09:49 PM
So are there any apps for iPhone or Android that stream recoded video in real time to a server? This is a precaution against them smashing or seizing your phone?

qik.com

Rael
06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Haha. They use technology to spy on us. Well we can use it to spy on them.

DamianTV
06-23-2011, 12:58 AM
They don't want to give up the power they have usurped from us. Plain and simple.

The difference that is happening here is between OBJECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE terms. Objective. Not a matter of opinion. The glass is on the table. Subjective. Completely a matter of opinion. That was awesome! Recording Police has become a Subjective term. Its illegal if we record cops, but when cops record us, its called Evidence. The application of the legality of Recording Video is now Subjective. Its ok if Cops do it, but its not ok if YOU do it.

The Law has completely shifted to be completely opposite of its intention. No Man is Equal. Guilty Until Proven Innocent. No Law is Equally Applicable. Members of the Goon Squad get Preferencial Treatment. And the higher your paygrade, the more shit you can get away with. You have a dog that goes rabid, gets into my yard, comes after me, and I shoot it to protect myself, I go to Jail for an extended period of time for Animal Cruelty. But a Cop shoots a Chihuahua in a Crate, the owner of the dog again becomes the Criminal by the new definition of the Law and the Subjective matter in which it is applied, and is thus Fined or Imprisoned for Endangering a Police Officer.

AF has a big thing about "Do NOT Call The Police, Do NOT Talk To Police" and as much as the Cops would like to Force AF to add "Do NOT RECORD The Police" to his list, it is the only form of Unbiased and Objective Media (Unedited) that we have left. Cops are now Nobles, and Politicians are now Royalty. It won't be long now until this whole thing explodes.

Philhelm
06-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Cops are now Nobles, and Politicians are now Royalty. It won't be long now until this whole thing explodes.

In that case, I'd prefer to be Robes-effing-pierre.

ConvertedRepublican
06-23-2011, 04:26 AM
It's easier to be a tyrant if nobody knows what you're doing.

"A policman's job is only easy in a police state"
(Vargas, aka Charlton Heston in 'Touch of Evil')

idirtify
06-24-2011, 01:43 AM
They don't want to give up the power they have usurped from us. Plain and simple.

The difference that is happening here is between OBJECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE terms. Objective. Not a matter of opinion. The glass is on the table. Subjective. Completely a matter of opinion. That was awesome! Recording Police has become a Subjective term. Its illegal if we record cops, but when cops record us, its called Evidence. The application of the legality of Recording Video is now Subjective. Its ok if Cops do it, but its not ok if YOU do it.

The Law has completely shifted to be completely opposite of its intention. No Man is Equal. Guilty Until Proven Innocent. No Law is Equally Applicable. Members of the Goon Squad get Preferencial Treatment. And the higher your paygrade, the more shit you can get away with. You have a dog that goes rabid, gets into my yard, comes after me, and I shoot it to protect myself, I go to Jail for an extended period of time for Animal Cruelty. But a Cop shoots a Chihuahua in a Crate, the owner of the dog again becomes the Criminal by the new definition of the Law and the Subjective matter in which it is applied, and is thus Fined or Imprisoned for Endangering a Police Officer.

AF has a big thing about "Do NOT Call The Police, Do NOT Talk To Police" and as much as the Cops would like to Force AF to add "Do NOT RECORD The Police" to his list, it is the only form of Unbiased and Objective Media (Unedited) that we have left. Cops are now Nobles, and Politicians are now Royalty. It won't be long now until this whole thing explodes.

And instead of police being held to a higher standard of the law, they are held to the lowest.