PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich to call for the Audit and reform of the Fed (seriously)

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
“The Fed currently has a dual mandate: dollar stability and full employment,” the release said. “They are incompatible. As part of a thorough reappraisal of the role of the Federal Reserve System, Congress should immediately return the Fed to its original sole focus on dollar stability.”

Gingrich will also call for a strengthening of the dollar and the repeal of banking regulations enacted under the Obama administration that Gingrich says hurts smaller banks.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/21/gingrich-to-call-for-audit-reform-of-fed/#ixzz1PvZvdlge

WTF?!

realtonygoodwin
06-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi. Welcome to last week. :P

COpatriot
06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
hxxp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/21/gingrich-finance-team-abandons-campaign/

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Newt Gingrich 2012 Campaign Finance Team Quits

He's done... someone in RP's campaign staff get that donor/finance list ASAP

specsaregood
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
hxxp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/21/gingrich-finance-team-abandons-campaign/

Newt Gingrich 2012 Campaign Finance Team Quits

One must wonder if the 2 are related even somewhat.

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2011, 12:01 PM
One must wonder if the 2 are related even somewhat.So, Newt was just another "hired" distraction in their Kabuki Theater?

The campaign has been on life support since earlier this month when 16 top aides and advisers resigned en masse over disagreements with the Republican candidate. ^^^^Sounds like McCain 2008 redux.

People familiar with Gingrich's campaign spending say his fundraising has been weak since he launched his bid and that he has racked up large travel bills.^^^^Just like your typical irresponsible political hack from Washington DC's elitist club, eh?

jmdrake
06-21-2011, 01:05 PM
You know, I've been hearing this "The fed should stop its dual role and just concentrate on dollar stability" from republican opponents of a fed audit like our very own worthless senator Bob Corker. So excuse me for being unimpressed. Why should the government control "dollar stability" either as opposed to letting the free market do that? I think they're just prepping us for Argentinian style austerity while the banksters continue to get away with the loot.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
This reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOaCD_JNgkA

johnrocks
06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Opportunists are beginning to try and introduce as much of Paul's message into their agenda as possible without losing their base. Romney trying to pander to libertarians, Bachmann saying her favorite books are by Hayek and now this.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Opportunists are beginning to try and introduce as much of Paul's message into their agenda as possible without losing their base. Romney trying to pander to libertarians, Bachmann saying her favorite books are by Hayek and now this.
Remember that Huckabee did the same thing at one of the debates in 2008 - began to coopt Ron's message by saying "I want to abolish the IRS"

wgadget
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Indies will decide the winner. I just listened to the Michael Medved Show, who had an editor of Reason on. While Medved kept putting Ron Paul down as unelectable, he seemed to agree that libertarians are the wave of the future. Must suck to be him. His reasons for putting down RP were lame.