PDA

View Full Version : Man robs $1 from bank to get healthcare in prison

falconplayer11
06-21-2011, 08:48 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/nc-man-allegedly-robs-bank-health-care-jail/story?id=13887040&fb_ref=abc-fb-recs

Yeah, he's stealing from taxpayers. But hey, give the guy some props! This isn't a bad idea, and highlights the absurdity of our current criminal justice system.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2011, 08:50 AM
It also highlights the problems with our healthcare. We've just got to get government out of healthcare, so that prices will come down.

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, it's government intervention (regulations, mandates, and flood of money) that has skyrocketed healthcare costs.

Now the taxpayers will be on the hook for $100.000's to take care of this one guy. This is increasing at an alarming rate across the US. Just talking to a couple of cops a few weeks ago, they said, people are using/abusing the system more than ever, committing vagrancy and a slew of misdemeanors have increased substantially so people can get free government housing, meals, and healthcare in the jail/prison system.

Another data point of how dire the economy, unemployment, inflation, etc are truly desiccating America

Dr.3D
06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
It also highlights the problems with our healthcare. We've just got to get government out of healthcare, so that prices will come down.

Not to mention all of the illegal immigrants getting 'free' health care that is running up the cost. The hospitals have to cover that cost some way.

Elwar
06-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I know of a lot of prostitutes that used to turn themselves in so that they could get their monthly AIDs drugs.

Danke
06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I know of a lot of prostitutes that used to turn themselves in so that they could get their monthly AIDs drugs.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4313/61vx3rqrl8uy7.gif

Dr.3D
06-21-2011, 10:35 AM

LOL, do you know them personally. :D

Edit: Oops.... now I see the 'of' in that sentence.

Krugerrand
06-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Pretty soon we'll just all be prisoners ... then the nation health care initiative will be complete.

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Not to mention all of the illegal immigrants getting 'free' health care that is running up the cost. The hospitals have to cover that cost some way.^^^^THIS... can be solved in one bill through CONgress...

Seize assets/accounts from the country of origin for all expenses incurred by the US government(s), businesses and communities of illegal immigrants. If the US has no problems seizing; Iraqi, Iranian, Egyptian, Libyan, etc assets... then there's no problem having Foreign nations held responsible for THEIR citizens illegally in our country by haying them pay the costs back to the American taxpayers(Federal, State, Local.

fisharmor
06-21-2011, 10:59 AM
If the state wasn't the plaintiff in criminal cases, then this wouldn't be possible.