PDA

View Full Version : The new tactic the MSM is using against Ron Paul.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-21-2011, 06:41 AM
They are agreeing with him and saying he's principled. While at the same time, mischaracterizing his positions into a negative light for specific voters. An example of this is the Larry O'D video saying that Paul is the most honest voice for "marriage equality" in the Presidential race. This is implying that he is "for gay rights" as opposed to "States' Rights". The difference will not be understood by your typical GOP voter who will see Ron Paul as a Liberal. It's difficult to fight against an opponent who seems to support you on the surface.

What are some tactics we can use to confront this backhanded and slimy bullcrap?

jrskblx125
06-21-2011, 06:55 AM
The only tactic is to get pissy and call them out on their shit. Unfortunately ron is too "turn the other cheek" minded to give it back. I love him for it but americans hate " sissies" and him taking the high road makes him look soft and not a leader. He isnt going to change. So we gotta keep educating and chipping away.

Romulus
06-21-2011, 06:55 AM
The typical GOP voter isn't watching MSNBC so I wouldn't worry too much, but RP has to make a habit of really clarifying himself when the they throw the 'heroin and prostitutes' crap at him.

I think this, like all their other tactics will backfire. They're out of bullets and credibility.

CaptUSA
06-21-2011, 07:00 AM
What are some tactics we can use to confront this backhanded and slimy bullcrap?
Bitch, Moan, and Complain?

Unfortunately, I don't know how we can hope to have any power against the media. They are going with the script they are given.

I think we need to continue to push on 3 tracks:

1. Keep winning every poll - show the strength of the grassroots
2. Gain endorsements - as many as possible. If you know anyone or can contact anyone, do so. Just don't push them in the opposite direction.
3. Grow the grassroots - knock on doors, talk to neighbors... let them know what the media are doing.

Other than that, Bitch, Moan, and Complain... That feels good, too.

ItsTime
06-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know how we can hope to have any power against the media. They are going with the script they are given.

2. Gain endorsements - as many as possible. If you know anyone or can contact anyone, do so. Just don't push them in the opposite direction.
3. Grow the grassroots - knock on doors, talk to neighbors... let them know what the media are doing.

This. Make a game out of it. For every lie you see MSM tell you will now knock on X amount of doors. We should have the whole country canvassed in a couple of days ;)

speciallyblend
06-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by CaptUSA

we need a comment/email brigade like in 2008. what we need to do is comment on every article we can find just like we do on voting polls! We need to answer the bad articles with facts and counter all the comments!! This helps open eyes to many folks and hold the lying msm accountable. we should start listing all stories with links and start answering!!

ds21089
06-21-2011, 07:50 AM
The attacks against him are attracting voters. Several people I know whom are democrats that I couldn't convert because they would simply refuse to listen to anything about Ron Paul, have noticed how much he's been attacked lately and are questioning why they are attacking him. Because of these attacks, they actually did some research on him and most of them converted already! LMAO I love it! Keep em coming, MSM. You're digging your own grave for when THE PEOPLE win this revolution.

sailingaway
06-21-2011, 08:02 AM
And at the same time they are making a big deal about how his point is not to win but to spread ideas....so people will discount him.

And of course the fall back IS to spread ideas, and it is the reason he 'always wins'..... but that isn't the goal, his or any of ours.

speciallyblend
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
are you guys seeing this crap on msnbc right now ? trying to sell huntsman he is where reagan announced wtf? i swear we deserve obama thanks to the gop!! sailing please make a thread asap on this msnbc crap before i start throwing hotel tvs out the windows!

ron paul is the answer and they are selling this BULLS#@t o god cnn is doing the shit to this country is so f'ed fox is not even pushing it, they must be getting ready to promote perry instead with minimal hunt coverage. never mind fox just showed up. i cannot watch this crap! errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sailingaway
06-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Apparently, Huntsman's Dad is a billionaire. Funding will not be an issue, I suspect.

And Ron was where Reagan fought for the convention in '76 -- leading the charge for Texas, on Reagan's behalf.

speciallyblend
06-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Apparently, Huntsman's Dad is a billionaire. Funding will not be an issue, I suspect.

And Ron was where Reagan fought for the convention in '76 -- leading the charge for Texas, on Reagan's behalf.

yeah it is just all sickening. they can discuss the race and not mention ron paul. yeah iwas here back in 2006-2008 and i should be use to it but it makes me sick!!

CaptUSA
06-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Yeah, Jon Hunstman, Sr. is a great man. Incredible business man and humanitarian. If HE was running, I'd still vote for Paul, but at least I'd know there was another outstanding human being in the race.

hillbilly123069
06-21-2011, 09:46 AM
They are agreeing with him and saying he's principled. While at the same time, mischaracterizing his positions into a negative light for specific voters. An example of this is the Larry O'D video saying that Paul is the most honest voice for "marriage equality" in the Presidential race. This is implying that he is "for gay rights" as opposed to "States' Rights". The difference will not be understood by your typical GOP voter who will see Ron Paul as a Liberal. It's difficult to fight against an opponent who seems to support you on the surface.

You still think any TV media source is anything more informative than a Bugs Bunny cartoon? Send them an email advising them ,that out of courtesy, you are informing them that the reliability of their reporting has forced you to remove them from your channel selection.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-21-2011, 10:09 AM
You still think any TV media source is anything more informative than a Bugs Bunny cartoon? Send them an email advising them ,that out of courtesy, you are informing them that the reliability of their reporting has forced you to remove them from your channel selection.

This isn't about what I think, but what all of those sheeple voters think. We are fighting to get their votes.

Romulus
06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
My Mom is very much tuned into the 'Today' show, and values their opinion.

Not trying to generalize, but baby boomers need the most work.

tangent4ronpaul
06-21-2011, 11:38 AM

Try calling them up and thanking them for the lies, attacks and distortions as it's causing tons of people to check out Dr. Paul and convert to his side.

While you are at it, you might mention that you just got that memo, and wanted to applaud their outstanding community service with that tin foil hat recycling program. Designating those big salad bowl shaped things outside their stations as recycling bins was really a novel idea! (they should look like this about now: :eek: ) be sure to mention forwarding it to all your friends and it trending on twitter.... :D

-t

flightlesskiwi
06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
My Mom is very much tuned into the 'Today' show, and values their opinion.

Not trying to generalize, but baby boomers need the most work.

yep. my mom came out swinging about the "don't take away my social security" load of poop. i calmly explained to her that, if we reign in the empire, we'll have enough $ to fund her and my dad's retirement. i also got to explain the whole "they've taken 12.4% of your pay for years, imagine what you could have done with that yourself" idea. and that my husband and i deserve the right to opt out because it was a fraud from the beginning.

on top of that i got to make the point that if we don't start slashing and becoming fiscally responsible, ain't nobody gonna get paid.

we need to be armed with the facts and go forth and spread them, especially on a personal level, imo.

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2011, 11:54 AM
you have to also post comments on these NEWS PROPAGANDA sites... I for one, don't let them go unchecked.

We need our own MEGAPHONE for the MSM corporate agenda, which intentionally stifles and discredits the RP/campaign.

jmdrake
06-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Bring back ronpaullibrary.org?

Seriously though, this is where we shoot ourselves in the foot. Some Ron Paul supporters, either by mistake or to push their own agenda, or to reach out to gay voters, propagate the myth that Ron Paul has come out in support of gay marriage. Nothing could be further from the truth. In 2008 some based this myth on one statement from Ron Paul in response to an interview question about gay marriage where he (Dr. Paul) said he supported "freedom of contract". What people fail to realize is that gays already have freedom of contract. And using that freedom gays can get the non government sponsored benefits of marriage such as inheritance rights, rights to make medical decisions (and visit sick loved ones in the hospital) and even "divorce" rights like alimony and child support if both parties agree at the outset. So can heterosexual couples that choose not to marry. It's the government sponsored benefits like social security that are the problem. Healthcare is kind of a government sponsored benefit because of the way healthcare benefits are apportioned.

Here's the irony. Back in 2008 some of the same people that wanted to beat truthers over the head (even when truthers weren't the ones bring up the subject) for pushing a position that Ron Paul hadn't endorsed that might cost Ron Paul votes insisted on pushing the "Ron Paul supports gay marriage" line. The double irony is that this can all be avoided by going with the "Ron Paul wants to disentangle the government from marriage" position. If people are concerned about the income tax marriage "penalty/benefit" then get rid of the income tax. Don't like the fact that domestic parters have a hard time getting health insurance? Give the health insurance tax benefit (if you still have taxes) to the individual instead of to the employer and individuals will by health insurance like they buy car insurance today. The free market will offer domestic partner benefits. Worried that gay partners can't get social security death benefits? Reshape social security into a retirement savings account that you can leave to anybody. Ironically this is the position of the gay republican group GOProud. They have nothing about gay marriage on their website. So why shouldn't we take the same approach?

Romulus
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
yep. my mom came out swinging about the "don't take away my social security" load of poop. i calmly explained to her that, if we reign in the empire, we'll have enough $ to fund her and my dad's retirement. i also got to explain the whole "they've taken 12.4% of your pay for years, imagine what you could have done with that yourself" idea. and that my husband and i deserve the right to opt out because it was a fraud from the beginning.

on top of that i got to make the point that if we don't start slashing and becoming fiscally responsible, ain't nobody gonna get paid.

we need to be armed with the facts and go forth and spread them, especially on a personal level, imo.

it's a simple philosophy - GIMMIE IT ITS MINE!

you really can't rationalize that mentality.

ronpaulhawaii
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Bring back ronpaullibrary.org?

www.ronpaularchive.com

jmdrake
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM

it's a simple philosophy - GIMMIE IT ITS MINE!

you really can't rationalize that mentality.

Actually it's not that simple. In a way it is theirs since they paid into social security based on the promise that they would get paid back. If you bought an annuity from a company and later on that company said "Oops, we can't make good on this annuity like we promised because we goofed up and now we don't have enough money, but we do have money to fund other parts of our operation and I hope you understand" what would your response be? (Think "Bernie Madoff"). The problem is that social security is a ponzi scheme, but the government and the media won't admit to that. I wouldn't mind the victims of this ponzi scheme who are now too old to mitigate the damages getting paid if the rest of us were allowed to opt out and the program was allowed to die its much deserved death.

jmdrake
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
www.ronpaularchive.com

+rep! You da man!