PDA

View Full Version : PBS bias - letter to them about it

RJB
06-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I watched the Lehrer News hour when I heard they would talk about the cyber presidential campaign. They mentioned just about all the candidates except one. Yep you guessed it, Ron Paul. They didn't even accuse him of spamming. Instead they followed Mitt for the most part. Then they had the audacity to say that "NONE of the republican candidates had anywhere near the internet support of Obama, Clinton, and Edwards, but Romney is working hard."

I hope when Paul's elected he cuts off all Federal funds to them.

Here's what I wrote,

How can you talk about cyber campaigns and leave out Ron Paul. That's like leaving out Howard Dean in '04. Dr. Paul has double the Youtube subscribers as his nearest competitor, he wins nearly every online poll, and his supporters are sometimes accused of spamming, yet you did not mention his name or even show his name. I've been watching TV news less and less for your bias towards the monolithic two party sham but this took the cake. I won't tune in again. Good Bye!

RJ

Here's their address
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/letters.html

-------- Ron Paul Media Matters --------

*** Please read forum guidelines before posting ***
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=658

maggiebott
06-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Funny because I sat with my ears and eyes glued waiting for them to talk about the Paul phenomenon on the internet. Biased bastards never mentioned his name let alone what he's accomplished.

I did the same thing...ran to the computer and wrote a very similar mail as yours.
I've noticed lately that c-span is every bit as biased so the internet is our only communication to get the word out other than groups we join.

maggiebott
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Here is the phone number to wake pbs up especially now during their pledge drive. They could have cornered the market and instead they hide behind the neocons.

215-251-1200

I have heard Ron Paul will be on Tavis Smiley but that show is on when most are watching Charlie Rose, Leno or sleeping.

RJB
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
That was probably the nastiest note I've ever written.

RJB
06-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm new here. Should I have put this in the Phone & On-line Action of this forum?

maggiebott
06-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm fairly new myself so I can't really advise you. Mine was very direct and I called the times reporter a pig.....oops Its just so damn frustrating. I appealed to their greed and told them they really blew it, especially during their donations week.

They could have had an exclusive but turned neocon.:mad:

G-khan
06-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm fairly new myself so I can't really advise you. Mine was very direct and I called the times reporter a pig.....oops Its just so damn frustrating. I appealed to their greed and told them they really blew it, especially during their donations week.

They could have had an exclusive but turned neocon.:mad:

I also emailed them...............below

How can you talk about internet Presidential campaigns and not include Ron Paul. Your true colors are showing very biased and not truthful. As far as I am concerned a bunch of liars.. You want to see organizing on the internet look at the amount of people who are getting together from Ron Paul's camp. It blows them all away Democrats and republicans..

You are just trying to influence the public is all - not news at all.

http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/ (http://carolynbaker.org/archives/somethings-in-the-air-by-tim-bennett)

And here is his web traffic...

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=ronpaul2008.com

Here is the top searches on Google...

http://technorati.com/pop/

And you left him out shame on you....................

maggiebott
06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Bloody well done mate!

Revolution9
06-08-2007, 07:15 PM
PBS..I left my TV behind in 2002..FOX news turned on full blast when I moved out of a warehouse loft for my rap mongering next door neighbors to enjoy 24 hours a day for a few weeks. Probably disturbed their crash from massive psychopharmacolological poisoning accompanying the 120 decibel noise.

Whilst working with a law office I was given another TV and watched PBS for the most part..whenever it was actually turned on. I began to notice that there wasn't any programming for me except Antique Roadshow. It was holocaust this, holocaust that, nazi this, allies that, lesbian rights this, black rights that, womens rights this gay rights that.. I was like STFU already.. You have your god given rights..what more do you want? A piece of godamned paper with permitted licensing so you have rights? The frigging oak tree in my backyard doesn't ask for oak tree rights. It just has them.

It did get to the point that instead of kicking the TV through the wall when Cheney or Bush came on to lie about something, I began to notice a shift. I started laughing my ass off at their disingenuous bullroar..but even that got tiring. I mean daddy Bush was the master of middle high horseshit but this was just moribund autoblithering. I eventually cast the piece of crap into the dumpster where all such one sided programming devices belong.

Some traditional Muslims call the TV the one eyed Dajjal..the one eyed antichrist..That's "old desert nomad familar with the djinn" speaking in that monikering. St John may have seen it as a lake of fire [reflective transparent surface with flickering imagery of people] that people were "cast" into and mouthed the words of the beast.

Best
Randy

maggiebott
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
They fn did it again tonight!!! Another debate on the candidates and they start to talk about the add ons in the race and this asshole mentions Ron Paul making the comment to Guiliani and thinks it helped him by putting Paul down.

Do they wear plugs in their ears and blinders all day? Who are these pompous morons?

RJB
06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Some traditional Muslims call the TV the one eyed Dajjal..the one eyed antichrist..That's "old desert nomad familar with the djinn" speaking in that monikering. St John may have seen it as a lake of fire [reflective transparent surface with flickering imagery of people] that people were "cast" into and mouthed the words of the beast.

Best
Randy

I've seen TV as a modern American diety. Living rooms are set up like a shrine to TV worship. All the chairs and sofas are set around it as a focal point. The entertainments centers set it up like an altar or a grotto. You offer sacrifices of oily chips. There's the reverant silence-- you never talk while it speaks. And it teaches you the new morality and tells you all you need to know.

My dad would put our TV in the closet for months at a time. Best thing he ever did.

NewEnd
06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I've seen TV as a modern American diety. Living rooms are set up like a shrine to TV worship. All the chairs and sofas are set around it as a focal point. The entertainments centers set it up like an altar or a grotto. You offer sacrifices of oily chips. There's the reverant silence-- you never talk while it speaks. And it teaches you the new morality and tells you all you need to know.

:D

rad dude

angelatc
06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
It probably did help Rudy win neocon votes. It probably helped Ron Paul win more votes.

austinphish
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
thanks for pointing this out. I am not someone who only sits behind my keyboard all day looking at Ron Paul stuff, but one of my favorite online things to do is write the MSM and point out their failings.

I like to throw in how essentially no one in the MSM showed the flaws and lies behind invading Iraq. We were lied to by the Neocons, and the MSM.

LizF
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
On the upside, not all of PBS is hostile to Ron Paul. Somebody on the forum posted this link the other day to "Bill Moyers Journal", which includes an interview he did with the prescient Ron Paul in October 2002:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/archives/paulnow.html

LizF
06-08-2007, 10:49 PM

My dad would put our TV in the closet for months at a time. Best thing he ever did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this, brilliant & true!

austin356
06-09-2007, 12:11 AM
PBS is usually the "best" source (comparatively) of the mainstream cable or broadcast networks...........

I just hope this was not directed from above, but rather just an idiotic and lazy staff.

joeu
06-09-2007, 05:03 AM

Smart father......

beermotor
06-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Here is the phone number to wake pbs up especially now during their pledge drive. They could have cornered the market and instead they hide behind the neocons.

215-251-1200

I have heard Ron Paul will be on Tavis Smiley but that show is on when most are watching Charlie Rose, Leno or sleeping.

Nobody ever confirmed that Tavis Smiley show . . . I would love to see some confirmation from the campaign.

I've never pledged to NPR, although I listen to it ... now I have more reason to not pledge. F 'em.

m4ff3w
06-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Nobody ever confirmed that Tavis Smiley show . . . I would love to see some confirmation from the campaign.

I've never pledged to NPR, although I listen to it ... now I have more reason to not pledge. F 'em.

NPR != PBS.

I had many people tell me the first they heard of Ron Paul was after they ran a story on the internet popularity of Ron Paul.

Bradley in DC
06-10-2007, 12:55 AM

There has been an invitation to appear. They want to interview Dr. Paul in their studio which has complicated the scheduling (House votes, campaigning, debates, etc.). I was volunteering at the HQ when Jesse was talking about it.

sunny
06-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi!
Thanks RJ for pointing that out!
I have taken your word for it and sent PBS an email........I did mention that the truth will NEVAH come out on on PBS since their marching orders come from CFR members.

thanks and blessings,
sunny

slantedview
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I normally love the news hour. Nevertheless....

Letter sent.

slantedview
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM
I was catching up on a few recorded News Hour broadcasts from this week, and was astounded to see that in your coverage of Online Presidential Campaigning that is taking place, Ron Paul was not even mentioned! I'm not sure if this can even be considered an oversight given that Dr. Paul has unarguably the largest presense of any Presidential candidate on the internet. He wins nearly every online poll including the polls of almost every major (and minor) news/media organization, he has more subscribers at youtube and social networking sites than any other candidate, he is one of the most mentioned names on online blogs and one of the most searched names on technorati and google, etc. Feel free to check on these things for yourself, since you apparently didn't do so before your broadcast.

As I said, it's hard to believe this was a mere oversight, unless of course, the reporter on this story chose to cover the internet from within a hole without having actually looked on the internet! I expect more honest and fair coverage from the News Hour in the future.

Mr. Green
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Letter sent. Down with PBS! :D

propanes
06-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Is an interview with Tavis Smiley still in the works?

There has been an invitation to appear. They want to interview Dr. Paul in their studio which has complicated the scheduling (House votes, campaigning, debates, etc.). I was volunteering at the HQ when Jesse was talking about it.