PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Rand Paul had the same top contributors (open secret industries) guess who?

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Last week, we asked you which industries were top contributors for both Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and his father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), during the 2010 election cycle, and how much more Rand received from each of those industries than his father.

The answer: Retirees and health professionals were top contributors for both.

And Rand Paul received about $486,000 more than his father from retirees and about $333,000 more from health professionals.

Of course, we all know Ron was asking people to donate to Rand, not to himself.

Oh, and Huntsman was a top 'elite bundler' for the McCain campaign, so he might challenge Romney's fundraising. Not, I suspect, primarily from health professionals and retirees.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2011/06/how-much-money-did-jon-huntsman-bundle.html

Valli6
06-21-2011, 07:58 AM
...Huntsman, the wealthy son of billionaire businessman Jon Huntsman, Sr., ...
Hmm. I wasn't aware of that.

evilfunnystuff
06-21-2011, 03:45 PM
interesting

Philhelm
06-21-2011, 03:48 PM
So far, Ron's support includes:

1) People hoping to survive retirement
2) Doctors
3) Soldiers

and all the rest of us.

SevenEyedJeff
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Well I thought that retirees would be scared that RP would abolish social security. They hit Ron with that in a debate last election cycle. Can't Ron make the point that the federal government has trillions of dollars in land and assets that can be sold to the people to help pay for people dependent on the system, until we can change it?

Then again, anyone who even mouths a word about changing social security ends up getting the hammer, whether the idea is good or not.;)

Agorism
06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Well I think there are four main industries in the U.S.

Finance
Health Care
Military related companies
??????

I forgot the fourth, but it's likely that a lot of donations are going to come out of one of those four arenas.

White Bear Lake
06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
I forgot the fourth, but it's likely that a lot of donations are going to come out of one of those four arenas.

Education donates a ton to politics. I can guarantee none of it will come to Ron, or any GOP candidate for that matter.