PDA

View Full Version : The "Age Old" Question...

RonPaul101.com
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
It appears the cheap shots will keep getting cheaper as the campaign season goes on, since now almost every interview includes Ron Paul's age or asking him if he feels he's too old to be President.

I would like to see a reply like, 'Given the more youthful Presidencies of Bush and Obama, I take my age and experience as just another example that I'm better qualified to be President. Apparently they still had a lot to learn.'

I'd also like to see him turn the age question into an opportunity to court older voters. There is no reason why a 75 year old candidate shouldn't do well with retirees. Retirees ABOVE ALL demographics should fear inflation!!! Point that out as well as 'My generation built things and exported things, and its time we got back to that, and got Americans back to work.'

We the grassroots supporters should be pushing hard for seniors demographics using issues like stopping runaway inflation, an honest and value driven candidate, and a war veteran for peace.

LatinsforPaul
06-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Please send this to the campaign. ASAP. ;)

Paulatized
06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Well said!

RonPaul101.com
06-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, thanks. I think its better than saying stuff like 'I think young'. Hit back with the fact that America has recently had Presidents with TOO LITTLE life experience and that's part of the problem; albeit a small part compared to the Bush/Obama polices. But then it gives RP the opportunity to move onto war monger presidents who didn't even serve in the military. Or perhaps they were out of touch with seniors on a fixed income and that's why they rapidly inflated the dollar without considering the impact on American seniors.

I think RP would benefit from taking his exact same message and sound economic policies and just make them for the everyday voter. Move from wording like "Stop the Keynesian bubble" to "Stop inflation from eroding senior citizens savings they fought hard to build up for generations". Same message, one gets more votes.

Paulatized
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
I think RP would benefit from taking his exact same message and sound economic policies and just make them for the everyday voter. Move from wording like "Stop the Keynesian bubble" to "Stop inflation from eroding senior citizens savings they fought hard to build up for generations". Same message, one gets more votes.

You know when I was setting there listening to RP's speech at the SRLC and he was talking about inflation, I was thinking don't miss this opportunity to tell the seniors setting there in front of you how the money they put in savings all their lives is loosing it's value. That's what inflation means to them and sometimes they don't connect the dots to realize it.

Brandon Todd Carr
06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
I'd like him to say that he is a doctor and he knows his health and that he exercises daily and feels great.

Ex Lux lucis
06-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Very well said.

RonPaul101.com
06-21-2011, 08:25 AM
The campaign needs to shed more light on the fact that inflation has and will continue to hurt seniors the most.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I think what you said is all very good, RonPaul101. Please send your suggestions to the campaign. :)

falconplayer11
06-21-2011, 08:45 AM
The campaign needs to shed more light on the fact that inflation has and will continue to hurt seniors the most.

Yes, this is critical. Inflation is far worse for seniors than small cuts in Medicare.

ThePiousPriest
06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I think if anyone doubts Ron Paul's health, we should direct them to the photo he posted on FB of him in the pool. Ron Paul is ripped for his age and I think that would shut a lot of people up. Chuck Norris? Please.... we got the Wings of Liberty being supported by the cannons of Ron Paul.

sailingaway
06-21-2011, 10:18 AM
I think if anyone doubts Ron Paul's health, we should direct them to the photo he posted on FB of him in the pool. Ron Paul is ripped for his age and I think that would shut a lot of people up. Chuck Norris? Please.... we got the Wings of Liberty being supported by the cannons of Ron Paul.

Wonkette took out and made fun of a different picture in the pool where he is leaning into the raft. They predictably ridicule it, and put a picture of Obama in his suit in Hawaii next to it. To my eye, Ron is in better shape of the two, but Obama is standing erect not leaning into a floatie. I have posted the picture (not the one Wonkette selected) and a blog that hates him deleted my comment, so it must have been effective. But know that people who hate are just going to hate.

RonPaul101.com
06-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I think what you said is all very good, RonPaul101. Please send your suggestions to the campaign. :)

I have sent this as replies to my campaign donation emails and the volunteering emails, but who directly should this message be sent?

sailingaway
06-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I have sent this as replies to my cmpaign donation emails and the volunteering emails, but who directly should this message be sent?

I think he might have gotten the message. He did mention it in his RLC speech. But you could PM Debbie Hopper here. I think she reads this, though.

RonPaul101.com
06-21-2011, 10:39 AM
I think he might have gotten the message. He did mention it in his RLC speech. But you could PM Debbie Hopper here. I think she reads this, though.

Thanks.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I would like to see a reply like, 'Given the more youthful Presidencies of Bush and Obama, I take my age and experience as just another example that I'm better qualified to be President. Apparently they still had a lot to learn.'

Or perhaps they were out of touch with seniors on a fixed income and that's why they rapidly inflated the dollar without considering the impact on American seniors.

I think these message need to be sent to the campaign & they need to get Ron to think on these lines & may be these will help him come up with his own pithy sentences that he can use in debates/interviews. Anyone who's going to do it, please send a couple of my messages/issues that I've been raising for a while :

I've been misinterpreted on many issues; some people think I'd decriminalize drugs & prostitution in all states, some think I'd ban abortion & gay-marriage across the country but none of this is true. I'd like to leave these things to the states so if people in a state choose to decriminalize drugs then so be it, if people in a state choose to ban abortion then so be it; nobody can satisfy everyone at the same time but states rights allow us to satisfy maximum number of people at any given time, federal mandates don't.

I've been misinterpreted on the issue of killing of Osama Bin Laden. It's not that I'm unhappy about his death but I'd've liked to have seen him in a US court, begging for mercy & would've liked to see him rot in jail for the rest of his life, repenting the crimes he committed on innocent Americans; so I'd argue that Obama gave him the easy way out with almost a painless, instantaneous death.

RonPaul101.com
06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I think these message need to be sent to the campaign & they need to get Ron to think on these lines & may be these will help him come up with his own pithy sentences that he can use in debates/interviews. Anyone who's going to do it, please send a couple of my messages/issues that I've been raising for a while :

I've been misinterpreted on many issues; some people think I'd decriminalize drugs & prostitution in all states, some think I'd ban abortion & gay-marriage across the country but none of this is true. I'd like to leave these things to the states so if people in a state choose to decriminalize drugs then so be it, if people in a state choose to ban abortion then so be it; nobody can satisfy everyone at the same time but states rights allow us to satisfy maximum number of people at any given time, federal mandates don't.

I've been misinterpreted on the issue of killing of Osama Bin Laden. It's not that I'm unhappy about his death but I'd've liked to have seen him in a US court, begging for mercy & would've liked to see him rot in jail for the rest of his life, repenting the crimes he committed on innocent Americans; so I'd argue that Obama gave him the easy way out with almost a painless, instantaneous death.

I agree with your first point of using more common knowledge terms to describe economic policy and states rights; it should help attract more voters. I don't want to dig up (pun intended) the Osama issue again; don't want any additional Obama bump. I'd say let it rest in peace.

There are definite advantages to using common knowledge wording to promote Ron Paul's message to the voters, especially seniors.
I like this example: Imagine you are at a party where everyone is a medical doctor and all the conversations are about the medical field. Assuming you don't know anyone at the party, you will probably gravitate towards the message that is easiest to understand and stay away from the group who are speaking in industry terms exclusively. However, that doesn't make the actual message any better or worse, but one delivery will reach a broader group.

People generally fear what they cannot understand completely. I would like everyone to be educated enough to understand Ron Paul as is, but we can't change that factor so we need to adapt to win.

In a previous post I wrote that all of us (and Ron Paul too) could benefit from the following exercise:

Explain why Ron Paul is the best choice for President, to a 10 year old.

Ron Paul is clearly the best choice so explain it to the 10 year old so the he/she can completely understand why. RP's message is good, honest, and actually not that complicated; so why make it complicated?

freedom-maniac
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm actually glad that these attacks/questions are coming.

Last time, "Ron Paul is too old" didn't come up too often. It was always "Ron Paul has no chance" "Ron Paul is a nobody" "Ron Paul is a nutjob".

Look at McCain in 07/08. Back when he was polling 4th or 5th in the race, the "too old" stuff didn't come up too often. Then when he won the nomination, it came up all the time coupled with "Bush's third term/ 100 years in Iraq", and was intensified when he named Palin for VP (attack ads like "Sarah Palin's only a heartbeat away from the presidency" were aired).

The way I see it, this attack means the insiders are starting to fear that Ron Paul may be a legitimate front-runner for the presidency.

RonPaul101.com
06-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Last time, "Ron Paul is too old" didn't come up too often. It was always "Ron Paul has no chance" "Ron Paul is a nobody" "Ron Paul is a nutjob".

Look at McCain in 07/08. Back when he was polling 4th or 5th in the race, the "too old" stuff didn't come up too often. Then when he won the nomination, it came up all the time coupled with "Bush's third term/ 100 years in Iraq", and was intensified when he named Palin for VP (attack ads like "Sarah Palin's only a heartbeat away from the presidency" were aired).

The way I see it, this attack means the insiders are starting to fear that Ron Paul may be a legitimate front-runner for the presidency.

I agree, its very telling that since the other candidates are starting to agree with Ron Paul, they need to invent something superficial to battle him on. I still think its a great opportunity to court the senior vote more than we have.

febo
06-21-2011, 03:16 PM
The last election saw 2 major deviations from history - the emergence of a woman candidate and the election of a black president. I therefore see no reason why RP's age would be a problem. Age is wisdom and people now see the need for wisdom.

VoluntaryAmerican
06-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Yeah I 100% agree with you. And it is not the worst of insults... I don't think we should overreact, but simply, calmly, give the facts that Ron Paul is healthy and that their are more important issues to talk about.