PDA

View Full Version : Hey, according to the Union Lawyer in the WSJ us southerners are dumb and unskilled.

BamaFanNKy
06-20-2011, 07:00 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304186404576388062830875084.html

"We should be aghast that Boeing is sending a big fat market signal that it wants a less-skilled, lower-quality work force."- Union Lawyer Thomas Geoghegan commenting on the Boeing folks moving to South Carolina.

My message to you Mr. Geoghegan.... FUCK YOU! Also, it's all going South!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzUOBu8wbhI

satchelmcqueen
06-20-2011, 07:33 PM
fuck this guy.

ghengis86
06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Maybe u should tell him yourself?

hxxp://tomgeoghegan.com/

Contact

Questions? Comments? Drop Tom a line at info@tomgeoghegan.com or call him at 312-372-2511.

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy, but DYODD.

Pretty comical interview, if you can stand to read it

hxxp://www.superlawyers.com/illinois/article/QandA-With-Thomas-Geoghegan/485868bd-5b6c-4bf3-9104-722a1e6b5d8d.html

low preference guy
06-20-2011, 08:10 PM
southerners kick ass

oyarde
06-21-2011, 10:28 AM
I like Southerners immensely . As a Yankee who has a handicap of trying to make sense of things , I do question the recent bills in Alabama and Georgia that enables penalizing people for giving an illegal a ride.

Aratus
06-21-2011, 10:44 AM
with the invention of air condidtioners and the rise of techno-elites in places like silicon valley + 128
as well as the greater scope of public education, the late 20th century was not at all like the late 1800s.
our nation went from 90% rural to 90% urban/suburban between the years 1900 and 2000, the only
advantage MIGHT be the local tax codes insted of a lack of sophistication in any given talent pool. since
world war two people MOVE towards the jobs that are open and available. there has been a red-lining
coperate flight from traditional "first suburbs" that rim urban centers. the fellow is thusly an idiot and his
comment does not do justice even to the rural south of the 1970s + 1980s, which is a generation ago.

AuH20
06-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I was born 30 miles from New York City and I consider myself a closet Southerner. The people in the NE corridor literally believe they are the center of the universe.

nobody's_hero
06-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I guess it has nothing to do with lower taxes? There may be a reason for an exodus of businesses from liberal strongholds to conservative hold-outs, for any number of reasons other than the intelligence level of workers.

oyarde
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I guess it has nothing to do with lower taxes? There may be a reason for an exodus of businesses from liberal strongholds to conservative hold-outs, for any number of reasons other than the intelligence level of workers.

Yes , it makes sense for business to flee the social welfare states . Less fees , taxes etc. I could find the workers I needed for a business in any state ...

fisharmor
06-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I was born 30 miles from New York City and I consider myself a closet Southerner. The people in the NE corridor literally believe they are the center of the universe.

Well, the south tried to prove them wrong, and they responded with war crimes and labels which persist to this day.
So in reality, they are.

Sucks, but if things are going to change, the south needs to come to terms with the fact that they're all second class citizens in the US and have been for 150 years.

angelatc
06-21-2011, 11:07 AM
I can assure you that the union members in Michigan aren't exactly from the ranks of the Harvard elite.

dannno
06-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't have any ties to the south, but I am going to give this guy a piece of my mind and a little education on economics. What a fucking douchebag.

oyarde
06-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I can assure you that the union members in Michigan aren't exactly from the ranks of the Harvard elite.

Understatement .

heavenlyboy34
06-21-2011, 11:16 AM
southerners kick ass
This^^ I'm from a long line of Southerners (esp. Kentucky and Tennessee). :cool: I'm technically a southerner too (I consider Arizona south, even though most call it "southwest").

NewRightLibertarian
06-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I would love to get to the south. The midwest is pretty terrible.

Aratus
06-21-2011, 11:24 AM
when part of raytheon loudly opted to uproot from route 20 here to phoenix AZ at about the time they boasted
of the accuracy of the patriot missle, our state legislature debated giving them a bribe in the form of a tax break.
phoenix at the time was expanding in the desert, and this was taken as an instance of rust belt corperate flight.

ThePiousPriest
06-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow, this is such double speak. People bitch about "oh the south is so backwards" "the south is so poor". What really irritates me is when industry finally comes down here, they all want to use that to keep the industries where they are at and prevent them from coming here and protect the jobs up north. I'm a South Carolinian, our state is no stranger to assembly and manufacturing work. I'm firmly convinced this is Obama trying to keep Washington in play for next year. FDR pulled this mess by directing economic "growth" to politically sensitive areas as opposed to where innovation and industry is needed the most. If people think the south is as backwards as they think, I strongly encourage them to visit Greenville, SC. If anyone went to the debate in early May, they have an idea of what they are talking about.

Damn your government handouts, we don't want food stamps, we want jobs.

Dr.3D
06-21-2011, 11:33 AM

LOL, from what I've seen, many if not most of them moved to Michigan from some state in the south. :D

payme_rick
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Spent all last week in the south... Fri-Sat in LA and Bama (drove through Miss), Mon-Fri in Athens, GA, Friday night in Tuscaloosa, AL and drove all the way back home (South Texas/Mid-TX-Coast) Saturday... I'd say there are quite a few intelligent people in the South, and didn't see very much of the stereo-types...

Tuscaloosa, AL and Athens, GA both have a Five Guys Burgers = Smart!

Speaking of the Five Guys in Tuscaloosa, that sucker and the strip-mall it's in missed complete tornado destruction by about 50 yds... Bad looking stuff...