PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's first campaign commercial should emphasize he's the only Veteran in the race..

rich34
06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
This will help to counter the neocons and all their rhetoric in attacking Dr. Paul on being weak on defense. Him being the only Vet should be majorly exploited and would do wonders for the campaign imo. It also wouldn't hurt while mentioning this that he received more money from the military in the last election cycle than any other candidate. This is a republican primary and these are a large part of their demographic. He could score big points with these issues especially if he starts running commercials before the Ames straw poll in Iowa touting this fact. Is there a group Veterans for Ron Paul? Sounds like a winner to me.

LukeO
06-20-2011, 06:45 PM
This will help to counter the neocons and all their rhetoric in attacking Dr. Paul on being weak on defense. Him being the only Vet should be majorly exploited and would do wonders for the campaign imo. It also wouldn't hurt while mentioning this that he received more money from the military in the last election cycle than any other candidate. This is a republican primary and these are a large part of their demographic. He could score big points with these issues especially if he starts running commercials before the Ames straw poll in Iowa touting this fact. Is there a group Veterans for Ron Paul? Sounds like a winner to me.

There's a group of facebook, it's called veterans for ron paul.

I'm a member(in the navy from 04-09)

freedom-maniac
06-20-2011, 06:50 PM
This is uber-critical.

I know a lot of older voters will only vote for candidates who have served.

I remember hearing older folks in my community saying "Well, I don't like McCain, but he has a good war record,"

Yes, they still use the phrase "War Record" as if they're talking about Eisenhower or Kennedy.

MRoCkEd
06-20-2011, 06:52 PM
This is a great point, although he won't be the only veteran when Rick Perry enters unfortunately.

mit26chell
06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
First commercial should highlight that he's the only veteran, that he chose to stay in three additional years because he enjoyed what he was doing, AND that in 2008 he received the most money out of all the other presidential candidates from *active duty* military personnel.

mit26chell
06-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Commercial should also point out what a disaster civilian presidents have been to this country, and that under their 'leadership' we have seen the longest wars our country has ever fought. Also that Ron has sworn and understands from his military experience that wars should not be initiated carelessly as they have been for quite some time.

Romulus
06-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Veteran
Doctor
Married 54 years

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
I think his first ad should reintroduce him, and that could be background. People think they know something but it was spin they learned.

mello
06-20-2011, 10:00 PM
If I was directing his first commercial, it would be an array of clips correctly predicting the recession, the housing & financial bubbles, & new undeclared wars from the 08' debates & follow that with the tagline that since he was right then, maybe you should vote for him now.

Mickeys
06-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Didn't work out so well for John Kerry in 2004. People don't care about military service when it comes to ability to be president. They haven't for some time.

mit26chell
06-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I think the campaign should look into hiring Dr. Steve Pieczenik to help them with their commercials. If the media thinks it's okay to run these blatant propaganda campaigns, then we should hire the author of the army's psych warfare manual to help us create some Paul 'propaganda' (which would really be truth) to air as his commercials.

trey4sports
06-20-2011, 11:02 PM
It's the economy.

Look at polls about what issue is atop the minds of people.... its not the wars.

Romulus
06-21-2011, 04:45 AM
x2. Talk economy and how to fix it. People like when you have a plan on fixing things.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-21-2011, 05:15 AM

First commercial should highlight that he's the only veteran, that he chose to stay in three additional years because he enjoyed what he was doing, AND that in 2008 he received the most money out of all the other presidential candidates from *active duty* military personnel.

I agree, his service should be the first thing as that goes pretty well a lot of the Repubs, it'll help him solidify his position on "national defense" & get rid of the myth that he's "weak".

Didn't work out so well for John Kerry in 2004. People don't care about military service when it comes to ability to be president. They haven't for some time.

And whom did lose to? George W. Bush who had ALSO served; not to mention he lost only by a whisker while some even believe he hadn't lost at all so you're not making any point.

Repubs do care a lot about people who put their lives on the line for the country, McCain was a pipsqueak of a candidate but one of the reasons why a lot of Repubs supported him because he had served the country.

It's the economy.

Look at polls about what issue is atop the minds of people.... its not the wars.

Ron can convince people on many issues, be it economy, social issues, etc if he can simplify his message for the masses but his biggest drawback among Republicans is that they think he's "weak" on national defense so it'd be great if we can restore some faith in his position on national defense by letting everyone know that he's served for 5 years; he needs this to get thru the Repub primaries, reassuring even a small bloc of such people might come in handy in a close race.