PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul releases his financial and budget plans for Presidency

ChrisDixon
06-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Ron Paul releases his financial and budget plans for Presidency
By Kenneth Schortgen Jr

http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/ron-paul-releases-his-financial-and-budget-plans-for-presidency

Congressman Ron Paul is making strong waves in the early Republican primary season, and on June 20th, he released his four point campagin platform for financial and budgetary plans should he win the Presidency in 2012.

The primary points of the platform include demands for a balanced budget, vetoing any bill regarding funding for Planned Parenthood, entirely stop implementation of Obamacare, and lastly, repeal through Executive Order any and all regulations that are unsound, and lead to restrictions on good business practices.

“But, there are several things that I will do right away to strengthen the fight for Constitutional government.

“First, I will veto any spending bills that contribute to an unbalanced budget.

“Second, I will veto any spending bill that contains funding for Planned Parenthood, facilities that perform abortion and all government family planning schemes.

“Third, I will direct my administration to cease any further implementation of ObamaCare.

“And fourth, I will on day one of my administration begin to repeal by Executive Order unconstitutional and burdensome regulations on American business. I will be the first President to shrink the size of the Federal Register. We must create a favorable regulatory environment for U.S. business. This cannot be stressed enough.”

Unlike most politicians, Congressman Paul has outlined specific items and methods he intends to implement once in office. There are few generic promises (no specific regulations to repeal), and mostly concrete gaurantees on how he would use the office of the Presidency to accomplish what Congress has failed to do for decades.

For voters wondering about these promises, all one needs to do is look at his Congressional voting record, and proposed legislation while in office. He has quite often been the lone advocate for fiscal responsibility by Congress, and a staunch defender for the American people against the Fed, and banking oligarchies.

For the current, and future Republican candidates, this platform will be difficult to follow when it comes to fiscal promises made to the American people. Nearly every candidate has a history in some fashion of big government legislation, or indecisiveness in following through with their own previous campagin promises.

With Ron Paul releasing his four point financial and budgetary platform to the American people, and methods on exactly how he would implement it, the 2012 campaign just got ratcheted up for both the Republican candidates vying for office, and President Obama who seeks a second term.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM
As I said, his campaign slogan should be:

Read My Lips - No New Regulations

tangent4ronpaul
06-20-2011, 02:53 PM
THUMBS UP! - Way to go!

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-20-2011, 03:58 PM
For the current, and future Republican candidates, this platform will be difficult to follow when it comes to fiscal promises made to the American people.Woohoo! :D

06-20-2011, 04:00 PM
This is really good, but I wish he had done it at the debate. Pundits and the media place a great deal of emphasis on candidates who release "plans" at debates, and to some extent that is correct. It could have taken the thunder out of the "he's an idealist with no plan" type of rhetoric that we often here.

Thumbs up, though. Really good stuff.

Crystallas
06-20-2011, 04:01 PM
This is really good, but I wish he had done it at the debate. Pundits and the media place a great deal of emphasis on candidates who release "plans" at debates, and to some extent that is correct. It could have taken the thunder out of the "he's an idealist with no plan" type of rhetoric that we often here.

Thumbs up, though. Really good stuff.

He could have, but it would get overshadowed by Bachmann's announcement.

06-20-2011, 04:03 PM
He could have, but it would get overshadowed by Bachmann's announcement.

Yeah, but he could not have known that in advance. I mean moreso that the campaign should have thought this through in that manner.

Perhaps he will coherently outline these points at the next debate. That would be wonderful.

truthdivides
06-20-2011, 04:13 PM
This plan needs to be spread far and wide by the campaign. 4 main points like this is what voters like to get from candidates.

I don't remember the campaign releasing anything like this last time. The campaign deserves +rep for this.

steph3n
06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
wait, aren't executive orders evil (devil's advocate for a moment)

Mallory
06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
woohooo! Good job Ron!

06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
This plan needs to be spread far and wide by the campaign. 4 main points like this is what voters like to get from candidates.

I don't remember the campaign releasing anything like this last time. The campaign deserves +rep for this.

Absolutely. This is a huge step up and a move towards Ron Paul actually showing people that being for liberty does not mean "being against everything." If the campaign can make this plan a central part of his platform and materials, it will go a long way to legitimize Ron Paul among the "average" conservative voters who largely determine the primaries.

torchbearer
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM

an executive order to repeal illegal executive orders would be a good use of that order.

Elwar
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
As I said, his campaign slogan should be:

Read My Lips - No New Regulations

And Less Old Regulations

Inkblots
06-20-2011, 06:45 PM

Of course not. The president is the head of the Executive branch of government; it's not only appropriate, but indeed his job, to set policy for the executive/administrative apparatus and direct the bureaucracy through orders and policy directives.

The trouble arises when EOs are abused to usurp the authority of the Legislative branch by taking actions contrary to the direction of the Legislature or outside the scope of Congressional and Constitutional authorization for action. This undermines the balance of powers and often breaks the President's oath of office. But, of course, Ron Paul isn't proposing to do anything of that sort.