PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Ron Paul on NBC Today - 06-20-11

cswake
06-20-2011, 06:55 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/43461901#43461901

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks. Total hit job, they never ask those questions of anyone else, and Huntsman flat out bused people in, and Romney did at CPAC and last time at SLRC.

Ron did great, but I wish he'd pointed out that he would just leave drugs to the states to regulate, drugs aren't legal at the state level and getting rid of the failed federal drug war won't change that.

SamuraisWisdom
06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
I thought it was a fair interview. There is a clear disconnect between Ron winning straw polls and his national support which is worth bringing up, and the other questions he asked are issues that Ron will have to address throughout the campaign. Many people view his age as a problem, which he gave a very good answer to, and many people are concerned with the idea of legalizing drugs (albeit at the state level). So both of those issues are things Ron should get used to having to address. At this point, knowing what the media will asked in interviews and debates, Ron should have concrete answers ready for those questions that communicate his positions clearly and quell any doubts.

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
I thought it was a fair interview. There is a clear disconnect between Ron winning straw polls and his national support which is worth bringing up, and the other questions he asked are issues that Ron will have to address throughout the campaign. Many people view his age as a problem, which he gave a very good answer to, and many people are concerned with the idea of legalizing drugs (albeit at the state level). So both of those issues are things Ron should get used to having to address. At this point, knowing what the media will asked in interviews and debates, Ron should have concrete answers ready for those questions that communicate his positions clearly and quell any doubts.

That was the ENTIRE interview, though, and this was supposedly about his win, they barely mentioned it and only in the sense of 'it didn't mean anything.'.

SamuraisWisdom
06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
That was the ENTIRE interview, though, and this was supposedly about his win, they barely mentioned it and only in the sense of 'it didn't mean anything.'.

They talked about it and rightly brought up the difference between his support at straw polls and his support at the national level. It's also a fair judgement that the results DON'T mean anything because of that disconnect. If anything it shows that we can better organize our supporters than other candidates. The rest of the interview was in relation to the idea that Ron Paul doesn't represent the mainstream republican and that his views could be seen as controversial because of that despite his win at SRLC. Perfectly fair. And if Ron is really trying to win this election and hopes to be at the top of the polls he will have to get used to answering these questions.

JoshLowry
06-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Questions were tough, but Ron is knocking each one out of the park.

Matthew Zak
06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I think we need to take the main stream media's opinion as constructive criticism. If they think it doesn't mean anything, we shouldn't get hurt feelings. We should up the effort.

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
They talked about it and rightly brought up the difference between his support at straw polls and his support at the national level. It's also a fair judgement that the results DON'T mean anything because of that disconnect. If anything it shows that we can better organize our supporters than other candidates. The rest of the interview was in relation to the idea that Ron Paul doesn't represent the mainstream republican and that his views could be seen as controversial because of that despite his win at SRLC. Perfectly fair. And if Ron is really trying to win this election and hopes to be at the top of the polls he will have to get used to answering these questions.

He was very good at answering them, except he forgot to mention he'd just leave drug laws to the states. But Ron is now polling second in New Hampshire in multiple polls and in the top 4 or 5 in most national polls, occasionally higher, and it pisses me off that he doesn't get better treatment by the media. I feel like they should mention how much better he is doing this time, I guess.

Chibioz
06-20-2011, 08:44 AM
I think Ron handled himself well against the obviously biased line of questioning. Go Ron Paul!

zacharyrow
06-20-2011, 09:00 AM
We're just never going to get the Medias help, which we really need. I hope he can turn into superman mode and take over the upcoming debates.

AdamT
06-20-2011, 09:08 AM
The MSM is trying very hard to keep the kettle from boiling over. The kettle being the growing distrust of said MSM and support for Ron Paul. Damned if that last 2008 campaign didn't lead to the Tea Party, End the Fed, Senator Rand Paul, and the Bernank having to hold press conferences now! If the MSM was to give Ron favorable coverage and treat him like they treat Romney or Bachmann (ie frontrunner status) the suckers who buy into MSM spin might actually see through it and start to trend toward RP. Can't have that!

RonPaulCult
06-20-2011, 09:12 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - when they say you want to legalize all drugs and when they say you want to legalize prostitution PLEASE SAY THAT IS NOT YOUR GOAL, YOU ARE NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT TO DO THAT, AND ALL YOU REALLY WANT TO LEGALIZE IS THE CONSTITUTION AND THE 10TH AMENDMENT!

Trigonx
06-20-2011, 09:39 AM
here is the youtube version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2a6HQ2OcCs

link for cell users. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2a6HQ2OcCs