PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Abortion Extremists putting mothers' lives in danger: report

reillym
06-19-2011, 03:18 PM
“Both my husband and I were blue-collar workers. We didn’t understand what they were saying. So I finally asked the Ob-Gyn, ‘What does this mean?’ He said, ‘If I shine a flashlight on the back of her head, you will see the light coming through her eyes. Her brain is the size of a pea when it should be the size of a small orange.’ ”

Because the fetal skull was continuing to fill with fluid and expand, it threatened to crush Thew’s organs, the doctors told her.

“I could end up going into cardiac arrest, they said,” she recalls.

Still, under Wisconsin law, Thew could not have an abortion until she was in a health crisis—which wouldn’t happen for another couple of months.

“They told me, ‘We have to wait until your life is in danger. Technically, today it’s not.’ I said, ‘That doesn’t sound right. Why are you taking a chance with my life?’ ”

http://www.progressive.org/conniff0711.html

What happens when you put religious remedial thinkers into places of power? Women's lives are put into danger because some bureaucrat wants to "save" a "child".

Disgusting.

pcosmar
06-19-2011, 03:45 PM
This from Pro Abortion Extremists at .progressive.org who want taxes to pay for abortions and other health care.

Great thread for Fathers Day.
Do you know how my only child died?
:(

Sola_Fide
06-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Happy Father's day everybody...

reillym
06-20-2011, 12:50 AM
This from Pro Abortion Extremists at .progressive.org who want taxes to pay for abortions and other health care.

Great thread for Fathers Day.
Do you know how my only child died?

???

The article has nothing to do with tax payer funded abortions (which, by the way, don't exist. By law. It's called the Hyde Amendment)

The death of your child is irrelevant to this discussion.

Pertinent issues should not be avoided due to a "holiday", should they? Mothers are being forced to basically wait until they die.

pcosmar
06-20-2011, 03:09 AM
???

The article has nothing to do with tax payer funded abortions .

Unlike you I did read the article.

Ironically, President Obama’s federal health care reform law has become a vehicle for their efforts.

Forced mandatory healthcare under this plan WILL BE Taxpayer funded. "Insurance" will be underwritten by the USG. Despite all the doubletalk and the Hyde amendment Tax dollars do and will fund abortions through loopholes and outright deception.

If it were not so the rabid abortionists would not be putting up such a fight.

Krugerrand
06-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Pro-Abortion Extremists putting unborn children's lives in danger: no report necessary.

Sola_Fide
06-20-2011, 06:15 AM
Pro-Abortion Extremists putting unborn children's lives in danger: no report necessary.

Yep. No report needed.

Eagles' Wings
06-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey Reilly, our local teen clinic, receives federal and state money, they refer for abortion and promote and market free contraception for teens and stress non-parental notification.

Pcosmar, are you comfortable telling us what happened to your child? My heart goes out to you.

pcosmar
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Pcosmar, are you comfortable telling us what happened to your child? My heart goes out to you.

An abortion many years ago. The girl did not want to be fat during bikini season.
I loved her more than she loved me. (apparently)
The resulting depression and unstable emotional state was largely responsible to my criminal conviction way back then. At least a major contributing factor.

NewRightLibertarian
06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
An abortion many years ago. The girl did not want to be fat during bikini season.
I loved her more than she loved me. (apparently)
The resulting depression and unstable emotional state was largely responsible to my criminal conviction way back then. At least a major contributing factor.

I've seen and heard of way too many cases like this for me to support abortion. It really is used like birth control these days by many women, and that is a horrible shame. Banning it would drive it underground and probably lead to more death and carnage. There's no easy answer for this

Eagles' Wings
06-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Yes, you're right, an abortion, whether you are the Dad or the Mom is devastating. My greatest hope is in seeing these little ones in heaven. I do believe they love and forgive their parents.