PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul influence in 2012 worries John McCain

stefank
06-19-2011, 02:55 PM
http://libertymaven.com/2011/06/19/ron-paul-influence-in-2012-worries-john-mccain/11707/

“There’s always been an isolation strain in the Republican party, that Pat Buchanan (a former Republican presidential contender) wing of our party. But now it seems to have moved more center stage, so to speak,” he said.

There is no question that President Barack Obama, a Democrat, made the right choice in lending US military support to the NATO mission in Libya, McCain told ABC television’s “This Week” program.

“If we had not intervened, Kadhafi was at the gates of Benghazi. He said he was going to go house to house to kill everybody. That’s a city of 700,000 people. What would be saying now if we had allowed for that to happen?

“That’s not the Republican party of the 20th century and now the 21st century,” McCain said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/19/senators-blast-gop-isolation-lybia_n_879947.html
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/167223-mccain-warns-gop-against-isolationism
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/19/mccain-slams-gop-hopefuls-isolationism/

MelissaWV
06-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah I commented on this when I saw it on the news, and actually laughed my butt off.

But now it seems to have moved more center stage, so to speak.

Get it? Center stage?

McCain made a funny!

trey4sports
06-19-2011, 03:02 PM
If something scares McCain, i'm ALL for it

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Best endorsement yet!!

LibertyEagle
06-19-2011, 03:06 PM
McCain never saw a war he didn't want to fight. As far as he is concerned, to hell with the Constitution, our treasure, and the men and women whose lives he so willingly longs to risk to fight a war that has nothing whatsoever to do with our national defense.

He is disgraceful.

speciallyblend
06-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Best endorsement yet!!

nice we should send him flowers!

kylejack
06-19-2011, 03:19 PM
As a Vietnam veteran, McCain is a big fan of wars that have nothing to do with our national security.

surf
06-19-2011, 03:26 PM
McCain never saw a war he didn't want someone else to fight for him. As far as he is concerned, to hell with the Constitution, our treasure, and the men and women whose lives he so willingly longs to risk to fight a war that has nothing whatsoever to do with our national defense.

He is disgraceful.
agreed

White Bear Lake
06-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Only Lindsey Graham pisses me off more in the Senate. Whoever the best liberty candidate in SC is, they need to be getting ready for a primary in 2014.

VBRonPaulFan
06-19-2011, 03:30 PM
mccain... you aren't relevant anymore and you had your shot. you failed miserably. retire and leave the thinking to people who aren't empty husks of their former selves.

Humanae Libertas
06-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I wonder how that foreign policy of his worked out during the election 2 years ago.

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
McCain never saw a war he didn't want to fight. As far as he is concerned, to hell with the Constitution, our treasure, and the men and women whose lives he so willingly longs to risk to fight a war that has nothing whatsoever to do with our national defense.

He is disgraceful.
qft. He's also long been a disgrace here in Arizona. He keeps getting re-elected, though. :(

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I wonder how that foreign policy of his worked out during the election 2 years ago.

Just fine. He and Obama had the same foreign policy. The people who wanted someone honest about it voted for him, and the ones who wanted to be lied to about it voted for Obama. Either way, the policy was bound to win.

MJU1983
06-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I love it, I don't think too many people like John McCain. :)

Agorism
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Civilian bomber

lester1/2jr
06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Mccain loves going on these boring useless programs and saying boring useless stuff.

freshjiva
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Who cares about McCain. What supremely bothers me is that people like Mitt Romney are being championed as "isolationists". That's laughable at best, but unfortunately, this is going to further isolate Ron Paul.

Notice he wasn't named even once in this article. Not the first time.

Also, the entire media, Senators and Congressmen badly need an educational lesson about what isolationism is as opposed to noninterventionism. They'll quickly learn there isn't a single isolationist nor noninterventionist that is running for President in 2012.

This shit just pisses me off so damn much. These phony politicians are going to do everything they possibly can to drone out Ron Paul as the one guy who is any different from these chameleons.

This really makes me mad.

kylejack
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM
They'll quickly learn there isn't a single isolationist nor noninterventionist that is running for President in 2012.
:confused:

SamuraisWisdom
06-19-2011, 08:46 PM
As a Vietnam veteran, McCain is a big fan of wars that have nothing to do with our national security.

I'm sorry but this comment should be retracted. By saying it the way you did it's implied that all veterans of the Vietnam War support unnecessary wars. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's the way it could come off.

MelissaWV
06-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry but this comment should be retracted. By saying it the way you did it's implied that all veterans of the Vietnam War support unnecessary wars. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's the way it could come off.

It could be taken that way, or a slight directly at McCain for gaining fame after crashing a plane he shouldn't have been flying, and earing the nickname "Songbird."

LibertyEagle
06-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Flag it for a Moderator to review.

Anti Federalist
06-19-2011, 09:00 PM

He is disgraceful.

Just fine. He and Obama had the same foreign policy. The people who wanted someone honest about it voted for him, and the ones who wanted to be lied to about it voted for Obama. Either way, the policy was bound to win.

Who cares about McCain. What supremely bothers me is that people like Mitt Romney are being championed as "isolationists". That's laughable at best, but unfortunately, this is going to further isolate Ron Paul.

Also, the entire media, Senators and Congressmen badly need an educational lesson about what isolationism is as opposed to noninterventionism. They'll quickly learn there isn't a single isolationist nor noninterventionist that is running for President in 2012.

This shit just pisses me off so damn much. These phony politicians are going to do everything they possibly can to drone out Ron Paul as the one guy who is any different from these chameleons. Fuck McCain, Romney, Bachmann and all these other shills who are just riding the populist bandwagon.

Win!

specsaregood
06-19-2011, 09:00 PM

Every other post on this site could be misinterpretted wrongly that somebody would find insulting. I don't think kylejack meant it that way. Especially since so many vietnam vets despise mccain.

VerlieJoy
06-19-2011, 09:02 PM

This shit just pisses me off so damn much. These phony politicians are going to do everything they possibly can to drone out Ron Paul as the one guy who is any different from these chameleons. Fuck McCain, Romney, Bachmann and all these other shills who are just riding the populist bandwagon.

I'm so glad you brought this up. I was thinking along the same lines. In the words of Dr. Paul himself, "The real isolationists are those who isolate their country in the court of world opinion by pursuing needless belligerence and war that have nothing to do with legitimate national security concerns."
Apparently McCain is unfamiliar with our founding father's stance on foreign policy: peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.

AuH20
06-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Every other post on this site could be misinterpretted wrongly that somebody would find insulting. I don't think kylejack meant it that way.
Especially since so many vietnam vets despise mccain.

Correct.

http://www.amconmag.com/article/2010/jul/01/00010/

John McCain, who has risen to political prominence on his image as a Vietnam POW war hero, has, inexplicably, worked very hard to hide from the public stunning information about American prisoners in Vietnam who, unlike him, didn’t return home. Throughout his Senate career, McCain has quietly sponsored and pushed into federal law a set of prohibitions that keep the most revealing information about these men buried as classified documents. Thus the war hero who people would logically imagine as a determined crusader for the interests of POWs and their families became instead the strange champion of hiding the evidence and closing the books.

Almost as striking is the manner in which the mainstream press has shied from reporting the POW story and McCain’s role in it, even as the Republican Party has made McCain’s military service the focus of his presidential campaign. Reporters who had covered the Vietnam War turned their heads and walked in other directions. McCain doesn’t talk about the missing men, and the press never asks him about them.

The sum of the secrets McCain has sought to hide is not small. There exists a telling mass of official documents, radio intercepts, witness depositions, satellite photos of rescue symbols that pilots were trained to use, electronic messages from the ground containing the individual code numbers given to airmen, a rescue mission by a special forces unit that was aborted twice by Washington—and even sworn testimony by two Defense secretaries that “men were left behind.” This imposing body of evidence suggests that a large number—the documents indicate probably hundreds—of the U.S. prisoners held by Vietnam were not returned when the peace treaty was signed in January 1973 and Hanoi released 591 men, among them Navy combat pilot John S. McCain.

SamuraisWisdom
06-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Every other post on this site could be misinterpretted wrongly that somebody would find insulting. I don't think kylejack meant it that way. Especially since so many vietnam vets despise mccain.

I don't think he did either but to the casual reader, especially a newcomer who might be sensitive to such topics, it might be misunderstood. IMO it's not worth the risk of turning off a potential supporter(s).

Danke
06-19-2011, 09:14 PM

The Vets I know and have flown with cringe at the mention of John McCain.

Don Lapre
06-19-2011, 09:28 PM
If it was so critically important (as J. Mc thinks) that we go into Libya, then the case needed to be made before Congress ---> so that they could give approval.

The fact that McLoon doesn't grasp this basic reality is the most frightening thing of all.

That's one dangerous man.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2011, 09:31 PM
If it was so critically important (as J. Mc thinks) that we go into Libya, then the case needed to be made before Congress ---> so that they could give approval.

The fact that McLoon doesn't grasp this basic reality is the most frightening thing of all.

That's one dangerous man.

Oh, he grasps it. He just doesn't care.

freshjiva
06-19-2011, 09:37 PM
:confused:

Sorry, I meant there isn't a single isolationist nor noninterventionist running for POTUS except one single candidate, the one who shall not be named.

AGRP
06-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Ron Paul worries every statist.

kahless
06-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Do not under estimate the power of John McCain. I remember his words carrying allot of weight in the media watching him and a chorus at MSNBC including Chris Mathews take the Buchanan campaign down labeling him a racist and we all know what happened to RP in 2008.

I can see it now, Ron Paul pulling way ahead and then John McCain being a regular fixture on the news networks labeling him racist or some other fear of Ron's polices.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Someone should call him out on national TV and say we're broke, and that the American people should have a say in whether we fight these wars or not, carried out through a debate in Congress and an up-or-down vote on a declaration of war.

lester1/2jr
06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
It's interesting that this is being picked up everywhere. McCain ironically may have brought the topic of ending our empire into the public sphere.

HOLLYWOOD
06-20-2011, 06:07 PM
You mean this Senator John McCain aka McMoron? Nothing is original from this brain dead fossil... he's a parrot for the establishment and when lost, he repeats gibberish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo