PDA

View Full Version : huntsman places second in straw poll?

Thrashertm
06-19-2011, 01:33 AM
This is rather surprising, considering he hasn't even announced that he is running yet. This has all the hallmarks of some kind of rigged scheme, that was disrupted by a massive turnout from the RP faithful.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/us-usa-campaign-huntsman-idUSTRE75D4AG20110615

Just who was voting for Huntsman and why? Were they paid? Who paid them?

steph3n
06-19-2011, 01:49 AM
This is rather surprising, considering he hasn't even announced that he is running yet. This has all the hallmarks of some kind of rigged scheme, that was disrupted by a massive turnout from the RP faithful.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/us-usa-campaign-huntsman-idUSTRE75D4AG20110615

Just who was voting for Huntsman and why? Were they paid? Who paid them?

college students paid way, busloads brought in. He is announcing next week, it was a coordinated effort to make a splash that was spoiled :D

Nate-ForLiberty
06-19-2011, 01:54 AM
college students paid way, busloads brought in. He is announcing next week, it was a coordinated effort to make a splash that was spoiled :D

if there is something that the establishment GOP displays over and over, it's that they are complete losers.

cindy25
06-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Huntsman did us a favor, by keeping Bachmann out of 2nd. and with Huntsman there Romney has no chance. two Mormons-impossible.

fearthereaperx
06-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Keep an eye on huntsman he's gonna make some strides pretty soon

rp08orbust
06-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Keep an eye on huntsman he's gonna make some strides pretty soon

I wonder if that's too our advantage. A split Mormon vote in Utah, Nevada and Wyoming could make those states winnable for Ron.

fearthereaperx
06-19-2011, 05:23 AM
I wonder if that's too our advantage. A split Mormon vote in Utah, Nevada and Wyoming could make those states winnable for Ron.

Yeah it's going to get a lot more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus of voters leaving Romney and going to Huntsman. Huntsman has just as much image, if not, more than Romney. I believe he will be the next candidate to recieve the typical media adoration.

fearthereaperx
06-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Look how the media is fawning over him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrLfyoCb4s

rp08orbust
06-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Yeah it's going to get a lot more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus of voters leaving Romney and going to Huntsman. Huntsman has just as much image, if not, more than Romney. I believe he will be the next candidate to recieve the typical media adoration.

If that does happen, then it could be very good for raising Ron Paul's name recognition (which while in the low 70s is considered high, could be higher). The many articles that mention the RLC straw poll as the beginning of Huntsman's rise, and thus as a historic event, will have to mention Ron Paul as well, at least in passing.

sailingaway
06-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Even a couple of media stories note Huntsman bused people (literally) and that his staff wouldn't answer how much the campaign had spent to get people there. That is one reason people were saying Ron had bused people (he didn't). They saw the bus and the young people in blazers going everywhere in a group. It is like at CPAC where people thought Romney's buses were Ron's.

rich34
06-19-2011, 08:05 AM
I just figured it was Romney's people voting for Huntsman. Either way, I like the idea of splitting up the mormon vote. Ron will stay steady at 10 percent while hopefully all the candidates come back to us giving us more of ammunition for saying Ron can win..

Thrashertm
06-19-2011, 08:52 AM
All of the liberal media loves Huntsman. I listen to a lot of NPR, and their leftist pundits salivate over him constantly.