PDA

View Full Version : HuffPo article on RLC victory - hit it up with some comments if you're bored

jct74
06-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Here's something to do late at night if you're bored right now. It's getting a lot of comments so you will have plenty of people to talk to. Have fun :D
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/18/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-republican-leadership-conference_n_879871.html

UPDATE 6/20/11: here's another one if anyone is up for round 2, just posted on the front page:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/ron-paul-blasts-wars-straw-poll_n_880217.html

TCE
06-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Here's something to do late at night if you're bored right now. It's getting a lot of comments right now so you will have plenty of people to talk to. Have fun :D
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/18/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-republican-leadership-conference_n_879871.html

Reading the comments is more painful than getting hit in the face. They should all move to Massachusetts and be done with it. A counter version of the Free State Project. "Our mission is to gather 20,000 liberty hating people who believe in suicidally high taxes, government that would make the European Union look pathetically small, and free welfare for everyone!"

Nate-ForLiberty
06-19-2011, 01:24 AM
bunch of retards.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-19-2011, 01:52 AM
this is actually fun. like shooting really stubborn fish in a barrel.

BamaAla
06-19-2011, 02:02 AM
this is actually fun. like shooting really stubborn fish in a barrel.

My God that was bad; I did like your comments though! I think Turukano may be the most annoying poster in the history of the internet.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-19-2011, 02:28 AM
My God that was bad; I did like your comments though! I think Turukano may be the most annoying poster in the history of the internet.

Pretty sure that guy gets paid to troll HuffPost. This is too easy though!!! I just wish i had Tom Woods's ability to remember figures.

steph3n
06-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Reading the comments is more painful than getting hit in the face. They should all move to Massachusetts and be done with it. A counter version of the Free State Project. "Our mission is to gather 20,000 liberty hating people who believe in suicidally high taxes, government that would make the European Union look pathetically small, and free welfare for everyone!"
shoot for a million people and call it the Freeloader State Project.
these core items must be included:
Free broadband net for all
free healthcare
free breakfast and lunch
Free gym membership as way to have 'healthier citizens'
Free schools(primary and upper education)
Since having a laptop and ipad is a right, they are free too
Housing is also a right, again free.

Stipulations, anyone under 55k a year gets this, anyone over that is not free, and have 55% taxation on all income.

I'd give the project 2 years before it crashed, as all the 'wealthy' people would move away and they would have no tax base to fund their slothly utopia.

jct74
06-19-2011, 04:23 AM
LMAO. "Freeloader" State Project? That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-19-2011, 07:27 AM
They already do that. Except the residents of Massachusetts are leaving en mass to New Hampshire, where it's a freer state. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

sailingaway
06-19-2011, 07:39 AM
commented

Jandrsn21
06-19-2011, 07:41 AM
I can't read huffington post comments for to long. After only a few seconds, I get a strong urge to run to the store and get some bleach and steel wool. Followed up with a heavy detox diet, and days of meditation. It is definitely something everyone needs to experience once, but after that I would consider it torture. You know gitmo needs to change its tactics, make all detainees read huffpo comments, that will get them to talk!! :D

Fredom101
06-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Wow some of those comments are insanely ignorant. I guess for some reason I expect more out of the so-called intellectuals who read HuffPo.

One person actually said Ron Paul is a corporatist! He's the ONLY candidate who's NOT a corporatist!

Another said his libertarianism would cause food riots! Talk about brainwashed!

thedude
06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Jeez, do these liberals have anything else to attack Paul on than the already debunked racists letters? That is all they use... They have nothing else to attempt to discredit him with. I suppose if we were trying to convert libs, this would be the first counter argument needing to be made.

There is one particular commenter who likes using this a lot. And even though we know it has been proven to be false, many others don't; and they trust their lib friends. Anything we can/should do to go on the offensive about Ron Paul's record in regards to "being racist"? Can we compile a list of votes and speeches that speak to the opposite and just use actual quotes and votes to pre-empt the "racist" comments?

Discuss.

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 10:44 AM
What, thedude--the ones I've been using all morning in that thread over there don't suit you?

thedude
06-19-2011, 10:50 AM
What, thedude--the ones I've been using all morning in that thread over there don't suit you?

To be honest, I am only allowed to view the first page of results... I haven't noticed rebuttles.

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
To be honest, I am only allowed to view the first page of results... I haven't noticed rebuttles.

I've been getting my rebuttals in before they disappear off the first page. Gotta be quick!

steph3n
06-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Jeez, do these liberals have anything else to attack Paul on than the already debunked racists letters? That is all they use... They have nothing else to attempt to discredit him with. I suppose if we were trying to convert libs, this would be the first counter argument needing to be made.

Tell me where exactly they are 'debunked' as that is still, and will remain the most horrible sticking point with Ron. There is no direct word from Ron on it that is acceptable to most anyone.

Ron can't ignore it any it go away, it is the skeleton in the closet and until FULLY addressed directly by him, its going to remain.

It is either a horrible failure on his oversight and leadership that he needs to address how will be prevented in the future, or it is his words and some of them are pretty bad.

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 01:55 PM
It's quite obvious they aren't his words. And they only get traction with those who are desperate to discredit him.

There have been some things posted here under his name that were more sickening. Hard to moderate and retract a 'post' on a newsletter, however.

Ricky201
06-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Tell me where exactly they are 'debunked' as that is still, and will remain the most horrible sticking point with Ron. There is no direct word from Ron on it that is acceptable to most anyone.

Ron can't ignore it any it go away, it is the skeleton in the closet and until FULLY addressed directly by him, its going to remain.

It is either a horrible failure on his oversight and leadership that he needs to address how will be prevented in the future, or it is his words and some of them are pretty bad.

http://reason.com/archives/2008/01/16/who-wrote-ron-pauls-newsletter

Also if anyone says that he's a racist, than please show them the video of him where he's at a Washington DC public school talking to students who are entirely black about the constitution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcEohfN3I

steph3n
06-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Also if anyone says that he's a racist, than please show them the video of him where he's at a Washington DC public school talking to students who are entirely black about the constitution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcEohfN3I

Yep I know about this, which is where the huge leadership gap comes. Plus he's never said this, nor has Rockwell admitted it, so it is NOT IN THE CLEAR.

No one cares about videos of him with blacks as a retort, it is a rather stupid one afterall.

For the record I in no way think Ron is racist, but these letters are very damning to those outside, and it is continually brought up to me in person.

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 02:15 PM
There's a video of Nelson Linder which I admire for this purpose. Doesn't address the newsletters directly, but it sure is compelling on the subject of Ron Paul personally.

Fredom101
06-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Obama is bought and paid for by the baby-killing machine of the military-industrial complex, but Ron Paul gets 1 donation from a skinhead and he's RACIST!

The hypocrisy here is mind blowing.

steph3n
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Obama is bought and paid for by the baby-killing machine of the military-industrial complex, but Ron Paul gets 1 donation from a skinhead and he's RACIST!

The hypocrisy here is mind blowing.

haha no one even brought that up, until you did.

steph3n
06-19-2011, 02:26 PM
There's a video of Nelson Linder which I admire for this purpose. Doesn't address the newsletters directly, but it sure is compelling on the subject of Ron Paul personally.

Yes I know about it as well, but when you are out talking to someone to have to pull out a phone and go to youtube, is not acceptable. Having some direct word/statement would be all that settles it. I've said this now for months, as it keeps coming back, and will keep coming back, just as it does here. that is because none of this is acceptable until ron addresses it directly, and completely, not deflecting or avoiding.

Southron
06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I had enough of their comments defending the wars.

sailingaway
06-19-2011, 02:44 PM

There is one particular commenter who likes using this a lot. And even though we know it has been proven to be false, many others don't; and they trust their lib friends. Anything we can/should do to go on the offensive about Ron Paul's record in regards to "being racist"? Can we compile a list of votes and speeches that speak to the opposite and just use actual quotes and votes to pre-empt the "racist" comments?

Discuss.

I commented to him and he and I are exchanging messages.

My usual answer is some varying level of: that was the first thing I looked into when I was thinking of supporting him, I researched it and it burst like a soap bubble. I then give a couple of the relevant facts and urge them to research it themselves saying that will be the best way for them to get comfortable, and that Ron is actually inspiring on close examination.

angelatc
06-19-2011, 02:44 PM

It's a shame that the person who actually wrote them won't man up. Of course, that would be meaningless if that person was still in Paul's inner circle. Although I don't think it was really all that racist. Some people just like to get offended.

TCE
06-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I had enough of their comments defending the wars.

Wait until a Republican is back in the White House, they'll hate the wars again.

steph3n
06-19-2011, 02:49 PM
It's a shame that the person who actually wrote them won't man up. Of course, that would be meaningless if that person was still in Paul's inner circle. Although I don't think it was really all that racist. Some people just like to get offended.

I agree with you, it is just a matter of communications, with a reasonable person, what do you say.

TY sailingaway for some idea, that is a bit what I wanted to get here.

sailingaway
06-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes I know about it as well, but when you are out talking to someone to have to pull out a phone and go to youtube, is not acceptable. Having some direct word/statement would be all that settles it. I've said this now for months, as it keeps coming back, and will keep coming back, just as it does here. that is because none of this is acceptable until ron addresses it directly, and completely, not deflecting or avoiding.

He addressed it in the Blitzer interview. He shouldn't spend more time on it. It keeps the issue going and if he lets us address it only those who hate him really think its a big deal. First, it was snide but not what people think when they hear the hushed tones referring to the newsletters, second, he didn't edit them but just contributed the occasional piece, and most importantly he has an extensive youtube and speech library showing who he really is, and he isn't racist. With all that video on the internet and all those books and articles, there is not a racist thing HE wrote. He lets people around him have more freedom of self expression because he doesn't believe in micromanaging and central planning, but that is consistent with his philosophy. Racism, being collectivist, isn't.

VBRonPaulFan
06-19-2011, 03:29 PM
reason magazine seems to think Lew Rockwell was the person who wrote the racist articles. here's the article where they talk about it.

I never spent much time looking into this issue personally... because if you listen to the man for more than 5 minutes you can tell he isn't a freakin racist. the whole issue is absurd and is only brought up to distract people from his superior grasp of the issues and legitimacy as a candidate.

acptulsa
06-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Well, hate to be so rude as to unhijack this thread, but I think we did some real good over there this morning. Thanks for all the help!

speciallyblend
06-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, hate to be so rude as to unhijack this thread, but I think we did some real good over there this morning. Thanks for all the help!

i made a few posts! hopefully it makes folks think!

jct74
06-20-2011, 07:56 AM
here's another one if anyone is up for round 2, just posted on the front page:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/ron-paul-blasts-wars-straw-poll_n_880217.html

Rothbardian Girl
06-20-2011, 08:13 AM
http://www.dynw.com/ronpaulisracist/
... :D

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
i made a few posts! hopefully it makes folks think!

I did too.

sailingaway
06-20-2011, 08:15 AM
here's another one if anyone is up for round 2, just posted on the front page:

Wow, could they pick a better picture?