PDA

View Full Version : Trading Of Over The Counter Gold And Silver To Be Illegal Beginning July 15

hillbilly123069
06-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Another steaming shovelful if wisdom by EXECUTIVE ORDER. This has to be in response to several states passing laws legalizing. $hits starting to get intense.
Quote:
"As a result of the Dodd-Frank Act enacted by US Congress, a new regulation prohibiting US residents from trading over the counter precious metals, including gold and silver, will go into effect on Friday, July 15, 2011. "
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/trading-over-counter-gold-and-silver-be-illegal-beginning-july-15

nobody's_hero
06-19-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm still not sure what this law will do (probably just as they intend it to be, confusing as hell for the layman).

Will I still be able to go to the pawn shop and buy silver? That's all I really want to know, at the moment.

UWDude
06-19-2011, 01:06 PM
As far as I understand it, as long as you or the pawn shop delivers the gold or silver within 28 days. So, yes.

nobody's_hero
06-19-2011, 02:00 PM
As far as I understand it, as long as you or the pawn shop delivers the gold or silver within 28 days. So, yes.

Oh, good. It usually takes about 28 seconds, lol. Walk in with cash and walk out with metal. I don't buy paper promises.