PDA

View Full Version : Sunday: Tom Woods on CSPAN2!

RecoveringNeoCon
06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/woods-on-c-span2-this-weekend/

Woods on C-SPAN2 This Weekend

My speech to the Gallatin County (Montana) GOP will air this Sunday on C-SPAN2 at 8:00am and 10:00pm Eastern time. I discuss Rollback. If you enjoy this blog, I think you will like my remarks.

Can't Wait!:D

He delivered this speech on May 17th, if I'm not mistaken. This is what he said following his speech, for those who missed his post-speech remarks from his blog: http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/my-gop-experience/

My GOP Experience

Last weekend I spoke on my new book Rollback at an annual dinner held by the Gallatin Republicans in Montana. Present were Montana’s one U.S. congressman, five gubernatorial candidates, an attorney general candidate, and other figures of influence within the party. There is a considerable Ron Paul presence in the Montana GOP, which doubtless explains how I was greeted with a standing ovation. I gave a rip-roaring presentation on the current fiscal situation and particularly on lots of things — including some rather radical suggestions — that need to be abolished. I even had time to talk about various problems at the Pentagon. CSPAN recorded the whole speech. (I’ll post something on this blog when I know when it’s airing.)

At the end I got another standing ovation. This after a completely uncompromising libertarian takedown of the whole federal apparatus.

I’m not sure quite what to make of this, but I thought I’d share it.

Brett85
06-18-2011, 10:58 PM
What is Tom Woods' actual political ideology? Is he an anarchist? If so, how can he believe in following the Constitution?

Sola_Fide
06-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Wonder if Chuck Baldwin is involved???

Jeremy
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
What is Tom Woods' actual political ideology? Is he an anarchist? If so, how can he believe in following the Constitution?
He's a conservative libertarian like Ron Paul. He's a Constitutionalist as well. But he's also thinks we don't need a government at all.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-18-2011, 11:17 PM

They are not mutually exclusive insofar as the Constitution limits authority over individual liberty. So, there's nothing wrong with using the second Amendment for the preservation of property rights concerning weaponry. The same goes for most of the Bill of Rights. As far as so-called republicans (the actual form of Government not the Party) there is similarly, nothing wrong with using the Constitution to get to something more akin to the Articles of Confederation / 50 or more seperate States / City-States. (If you actually read Anti-Federalist writing you will understand that the Constitution writ whole is not a Republican document, nor fosters a successful Republican Government for a myriad of reasons the most significant being the vast population sizes and geographical distances)

Woods' goal like Joseph Sobran's, myself, and many other libertarians like Mary Ruwart is Voluntaryism. Hop on board the freedom train. You can get off when you feel you have satisfied your optimal freedom-level desire, and Woods and I will keep on moving towards more liberty. At that point, then we can become antagonists to each other as we fight for more liberty and you guard the status-quo :p

jct74
06-19-2011, 05:54 AM
bump!

Napoleon's Shadow
06-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Any tube of this?

Eric21ND
06-19-2011, 07:28 AM
It will be replayed later in the day around 8pm tonight (central)

Brett85
06-19-2011, 07:50 AM
They are not mutually exclusive insofar as the Constitution limits authority over individual liberty. So, there's nothing wrong with using the second Amendment for the preservation of property rights concerning weaponry. The same goes for most of the Bill of Rights. As far as so-called republicans (the actual form of Government not the Party) there is similarly, nothing wrong with using the Constitution to get to something more akin to the Articles of Confederation / 50 or more seperate States / City-States. (If you actually read Anti-Federalist writing you will understand that the Constitution writ whole is not a Republican document, nor fosters a successful Republican Government for a myriad of reasons the most significant being the vast population sizes and geographical distances)

Woods' goal like Joseph Sobran's, myself, and many other libertarians like Mary Ruwart is Voluntaryism. Hop on board the freedom train. You can get off when you feel you have satisfied your optimal freedom-level desire, and Woods and I will keep on moving towards more liberty. At that point, then we can become antagonists to each other as we fight for more liberty and you guard the status-quo :p

It takes a federal court system to enforce the Bill of Rights and the entire Constitution. I would think that anarchists would be opposed to a federal court system.

maqsur
06-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Video is up on cspan.org.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Rollbac

Chester Copperpot
06-19-2011, 09:36 AM
nee a youtube of that so i can convert it to mp3 and listen to it in the car

Fermli
06-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I can listen to Woods for hours and hours and not get bored. I hope he gets bigger and better speaking gigs.

lester1/2jr
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
He was very good. I thuoght the ending was not that great. I also thought the last chapter of Meltdown wasn't very good. overall still very good.