PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Texas Republican Party nixes plan for presidential straw poll - wonder why?

sailingaway
06-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Texas Republican Party nixes plan for presidential straw poll

Read more: http://blogs.star-telegram.com/politex/2011/06/texas-republican-party-nixes-plan-for-presidential-straw-poll.html#ixzz1PgOeiCO6

:D

Dustancostine
06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Well the last one did lose the party a lot of money.

sailingaway
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh, you're no fun...

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Texas Republican Party has opted to not hold a presidential straw poll this fall. who? expose the establishment neocons

Dustancostine
06-18-2011, 08:47 PM
who? expose the establishment neocons

Actually it was the entire SREC and the Chairman, who is liberty friendly.

I am a county chair, so I read some emails that went back and forth about it. The party was really worried about losing money, last time they lost a lot, and if most of the candidates weren't going to participate then they were afraid of losing money again. It was a fiscally prudent move. Look at it from a business prospective, if most of the candidates aren't going to participate, then that will reduce the overall attendance, as those who support candidates that don't show, will also not show up and pay for the straw poll.

Brian4Liberty
06-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Actually it was the entire SREC and the Chairman, who is liberty friendly.

I am a county chair, so I read some emails that went back and forth about it. The party was really worried about losing money, last time they lost a lot, and if most of the candidates weren't going to participate then they were afraid of losing money again. It was a fiscally prudent move. Look at it from a business prospective, if most of the candidates aren't going to participate, then that will reduce the overall attendance, as those who support candidates that don't show, will also not show up and pay for the straw poll.

It says a lot that a "straw poll" can not be taken because it will lose money...

And we can't ignore the fact that Ron Paul beating Rick Perry might not be what they want.

libertybrewcity
06-18-2011, 09:31 PM
makes sense if it loses money. we can focus on the ames poll too. i always thought they were kind of dumb anyways. people should be going door to door, not shelling out money for a poll

sailingaway
06-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I'm just as glad. I was sorry they decided late to do a straw poll at SRLC, they weren't getting enough attendance. I knew he wouldn't get credit if he won but would have a huge 'oh he lost his following' if he lost. It was a waste of money comparatively, but it had to be done.

satchelmcqueen
06-18-2011, 10:19 PM
lol....

Lymeade-Lady
06-18-2011, 10:58 PM
This rings true--I was at the state convention that elected this chairman and it was a close one to kick the establishment lady out and get this chairman. The big goal has been to get the party out of debt which he has done. But I'm sure Rick Perry didn't call them and beg them to change their minds. :) So, in that way, it might have been a factor. :)

TastyWheat
06-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Gain or lose money I'd overall be in favor of doing away with it. I think we have enough polls already.