PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's win of SRLC poll is on Drudge, top left column

sailingaway
06-18-2011, 02:25 PM
www.drudgereport.com

they use the politico article, but go through drudge to reward him.

Bruno
06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Awesome! Hope it gets front center with a pic!

FrankRep
06-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Drudge Bomb successful!

Agorism
06-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I dont even see the link. sigh

Agorism
06-18-2011, 02:34 PM
O I see nice.

Romney got the main headline with picture when he won last year though. :/

AGRP
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Seems like a pretty generic description. :/

libertybrewcity
06-18-2011, 02:37 PM
go to the politico article and comment! the first twenty haven't filled up yet

Agorism
Yes and it sounds like he won some random\obscure\unimportant straw poll too from the way he wrote it.

Doesn't even say it was SRLC, but just a random straw poll. Might as well say "Ron Paul wins an internet poll.."

sailingaway
O I see nice.

Romney got the main headline with picture when he won last year though. :/

and it doesn't say slrc

they had the headlines ready, they had figured out how to play it (not so much drudge but I understand he has a new guy working for him who is solidly pro-Romney). At least I got second comment spot on Politico, so I was able to vent a bit. I'm not sure drudge himself wrote the headline.

falconplayer11
06-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes and it sounds like he won some random\obscure\unimportant straw poll too from the way he wrote it.

Doesn't even say it was SRLC, but just a random straw poll. Might as well say "Ron Paul wins internet poll"

Yes it definitely seems that way...

Agorism
06-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Still getting lots of good press, but drudge had a mediocre headline.

Bruno
06-18-2011, 03:33 PM
In the past drudge has given wins less significance and then promoted them. Hope that is the case here.

sailingaway
06-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Huntsman, though, came down with a last minute cold this week and decided to skip the event. He dispatched his wife, Mary Kaye, to greet conference-goers in his stead.
And his strong finish in the straw poll might have gotten a boost from some behind-the-scenes work by his political team. Several of his political advisers, including John Weaver, Chris Allen, John Yob and Jake Suski, made the trip to New Orleans and were seen huddling with delegates at the riverfront hotel where the conference was held.
Miller attributed the win to the former ambassador to China’s economic message. He did not comment when asked if Huntsman advisers paid for their supporters to get to the ballot box.
“His willingness to take the debt crisis seriously and his foreign policy message really resonated with the younger conservatives who attended,” Miller said.

....so, younger conservatives who attended.... how many of you voted for Huntsman?

rich34
06-18-2011, 05:03 PM
The bad thing is if had Romney, Bachmann, or any of the other neocons won it would have been the main headline on Drudge. We're still battling the media with Ron's popularity. It's really there, but the gatekeepers are suppressing it big time as they've always have. I mean come one, if FU Frank Luntz can take Hermain WHO Cain from non existent to second in the polls after just one debate imagine what could be done with Ron if they'd just report the flippin news period!! I'm not asking for bias, just real journalism, report what is happening!! And people outside of our realm wonder why Paul supporters come off as angry, gee I don't know...

ctiger2
06-18-2011, 06:27 PM
You'd think Rick Perry won the poll. FU Drudge!

AGRP
06-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Drudge gets much of his marching orders from the same people who controls Fox News.

Theres got to be some sort of agreement.

Perry "firing" up a crowd gets top billing over the winner of the SRLC straw poll? Seriously.

nc4rp
06-18-2011, 07:15 PM
roooooooooon paaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuulllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !