PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me??

DjLoTi
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm trying to set up www.RonPaulradio.com but my experience knowledge on building a website is 0. I'm talking to the tech guy on the phone, and it's crazy. Anyone have experience on this stuff?

*edit*

I want to set up my website just like - www.jungletrain.net
But.. I want different stuff. First off, I don't know how to make a website. So if someone could make one like jt.net, man, that's what's up

Can anyone help me set up a website like www.jungletrain.net ? If you can do it, I'll pay you (what I got lol), and we can talk on the phone for more detailed specifics, but in general I want it just like jungletrain.net

mdh
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure if proct0r hangs out here, but he's doing a netradio thing that I'm going to run a show on. If he's not around here, you should come on IRC and collaborate with him, no need to duplicate efforts.

DjLoTi
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
He should come on RonPaulradio when I get it up and running, which is what I need help with

Revolution9
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to set up www.RonPaulradio.com but my experience knowledge on building a website is 0. I'm talking to the tech guy on the phone, and it's crazy. Anyone have experience on this stuff?

What are you using? Flash would be best to stream audio with.. A player can be made or downloaded all over the net. 700 million computers have the plugin so there is no proprietary windows or quicktime standards to be met on the client soide computer. You would make a menu that would have buttons point to the file directory with the audio and when clicked they load and start playing. Fairly simple and less than 100 lines of code..I have a few hours a day I can spare to help you. You can email me at
randy_blain@yahoo.co.uk

Best Regards
Randy

DjLoTi
06-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm going to do a live stream. It's going to be a live radio. I'll have the bandwidth and stuff.

I don't know how to set up a website. I think I need to set up a website, then I just put in the code for the radio software w/e, then I upload all that information onto the server.

But first of all, I don't know how to build a website. Second, I don't know how to setup a server. I think the website could be a great success, but not if I'm alone doing it. I'm just a DJ.. I'm not a computer wiz.

mdh
06-12-2007, 11:25 AM
proct0r is using shoutcast, which is the most common/popular way to do it. You can probably make a flash thing that connects to shoutcast and plays it.

DjLoTi
06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Ya but I need to set up my website first.