PDA

View Full Version : Haley Barbour at SRLC

Anti Federalist
06-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Upshot:

"You ain't gonna like who 'we' pick to run for president, so get used to it and shut up."

Ummm, no Haley. In fact, Fuck No.

You can pull that flim flammery all you want, but get something through your fat head, for me, this is not about "getting rid of Obama".

O-bomb-ya is "out Bushing" Bush, FFS.

This is about freedom and liberty and what kind of world I leave for my children.

I could give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about your inner party machinations.

I'm voting Ron Paul 2012 regardless of what happens.

Haley Barbour, party man

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57222.html

NEW ORLEANS — Haley Barbour used about a third of his speech before the Republican Leadership Conference to implore the conservative activists gathered here to rally behind the party’s eventual presidential nominee and to accept that the candidate will be imperfect.

It was an illustration of why Barbour was such an effective RNC chairman and why he may have had difficulty running for president at a moment when the GOP base isn’t in the mood for compromise and pragmatism.
Continue Reading

Without endorsing any candidate – he told reporters later he wouldn’t do so anytime soon – Barbour effectively dismissed the possibility that one of the more doctrinaire conservatives would be the party’s nominee.

“We’re going to nominate far and away the best candidate, gonna be ten times better than Obama, but don’t get hung up on purity,” said Barbour, drawing momentary silence and then a modest ovation.

The Mississippi governor repeatedly braced the crowd for a candidate who “won’t be perfect,” but he urged them to accept impurity in the name of victory.

“In this business, it’s unity that wins elections,” he said, recalling his 40-plus years working in Republican politics.

Barbour also implicitly urged party activists to avoid flamboyant personal attacks on President Obama and focus their message exclusively on fiscal policy.

“If we keep this election about those policies and let the American people compare what we propose to the failed policies of the Obama administration, we’ll win,” he said after ticking off a taxes-spending-regulation litany. “But if we let people in the Obama campaign, take America’s eye off the ball, then that’s their only chance.

Talking to reporters after his speech, Barbour was even more insistent that the attendees here must accept some degree of compromise and tell others in the party to do the same.

“These are party leaders, these are party leaders who need to go back to their counties, their parishes, their communities, their clubs, whatever, and start making people focus on the reality – and the reality is that we’re going to nominate somebody with whom not everybody agrees on everything,” he said.

He also reiterated his vision for a Romney-like campaign – without mentioning any candidate’s name – that was entirely about the economy and light on social issues.

“We’re going to run a campaign that is about the incumbent’s record and about the economy and jobs,” predicted the Mississippian. “And that that’s going to be a successful campaign if we all stick together. And if we don’t it’s much, much harder.”

moonshineplease
06-18-2011, 02:12 AM
What a goon.

Thomas
06-18-2011, 02:16 AM
that means we have to support RP if he wins the nomination :D

emazur
06-18-2011, 02:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euckWFonKaU

lynnf
06-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Upshot:

"You ain't gonna like who 'we' pick to run for president, so get used to it and shut up."

Ummm, no Haley. In fact, Fuck No.

You can pull that flim flammery all you want, but get something through your fat head, for me, this is not about "getting rid of Obama".

O-bomb-ya is "out Bushing" Bush, FFS.

This is about freedom and liberty and what kind of world I leave for my children.

I could give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about your inner party machinations.

I'm voting Ron Paul 2012 regardless of what happens.

Haley Barbour, party man

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57222.html

NEW ORLEANS — Haley Barbour used about a third of his speech before the Republican Leadership Conference to implore the conservative activists gathered here to rally behind the party’s eventual presidential nominee and to accept that the candidate will be imperfect.

It was an illustration of why Barbour was such an effective RNC chairman and why he may have had difficulty running for president at a moment when the GOP base isn’t in the mood for compromise and pragmatism.
Continue Reading

Without endorsing any candidate – he told reporters later he wouldn’t do so anytime soon – Barbour effectively dismissed the possibility that one of the more doctrinaire conservatives would be the party’s nominee.

“We’re going to nominate far and away the best candidate, gonna be ten times better than Obama, but don’t get hung up on purity,” said Barbour, drawing momentary silence and then a modest ovation.

The Mississippi governor repeatedly braced the crowd for a candidate who “won’t be perfect,” but he urged them to accept impurity in the name of victory.

“In this business, it’s unity that wins elections,” he said, recalling his 40-plus years working in Republican politics.

Barbour also implicitly urged party activists to avoid flamboyant personal attacks on President Obama and focus their message exclusively on fiscal policy.

“If we keep this election about those policies and let the American people compare what we propose to the failed policies of the Obama administration, we’ll win,” he said after ticking off a taxes-spending-regulation litany. “But if we let people in the Obama campaign, take America’s eye off the ball, then that’s their only chance.

Talking to reporters after his speech, Barbour was even more insistent that the attendees here must accept some degree of compromise and tell others in the party to do the same.

“These are party leaders, these are party leaders who need to go back to their counties, their parishes, their communities, their clubs, whatever, and start making people focus on the reality – and the reality is that we’re going to nominate somebody with whom not everybody agrees on everything,” he said.

He also reiterated his vision for a Romney-like campaign – without mentioning any candidate’s name – that was entirely about the economy and light on social issues.

“We’re going to run a campaign that is about the incumbent’s record and about the economy and jobs,” predicted the Mississippian. “And that that’s going to be a successful campaign if we all stick together. And if we don’t it’s much, much harder.”

guess what, Haley? you can still try to sell us that old pig in a poke
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_in_a_poke) but we ain't buyin it! you won't win without us and we won't vote for just anyone that you prop up there. No more liars! so if you're planning on beating Obama, you better figure that in your equation.

so go ahead and put another John McCain in there and you'll get the same thing you got last time -
Obama elected.

Bruehound
06-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Haley is a girls name.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-18-2011, 05:59 AM
The RLC guy emphasized the same thing right before RP got up there to speak.

Sounds like the Party is scared to death of a split (Goldwater vs Rockafeller in 64 comes to mind), but even more so they are scared that the Ron Paul and Tea Party types won't vote for Mitt or Newt if they should happen to win the nomination just like they didn't vote for McCain in '08. The memo on this must be making the rounds so they are repeating it continually. Look for the sheep hearding to become louder and more forceful from the Party as the convention draws closer.

PatriotOne
06-18-2011, 06:25 AM

Pffft. He's talking to RP supporters. Not gonna happen. Most RP supporters I know are Ronpaulican's not Republicans and despise establishment republicans as much as establishment democrats. Ronpaulican's are not loyal to ANY party and THEY are the ones that better get use to it.

Paulatized
06-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Sounds like Haley is saying don't get carried away with yourself Teaparty, support the status quo. Ron Paul says, "Reject the Status Quo."

Reject the Status Quo
Ron Paul - 2012