PDA

View Full Version : Radio Station says to only watch the end of the Tonight Show tonight

Trassin
10-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Here's an e-mail I just sent out to the Ron Paul Meetup groups near the St. Louis area:

Around 9:40 this morning the radio station 105.7 The Point (in St. Louis) said that people should only watch the portion of the Tonight Show tonight featuring the Sex Pistols. As I'm sure you are all aware Ron Paul is going to be on the Tonight Show tonight. I called up and complained to the programing director about it. A few seconds later the DJs corrected themselves saying that they didn't mean to suggest people shouldn't watch the show.

Even though they have already tried to correct their mistake this could be a chance for us to get a free plug for the fact that Ron Paul will be on the Tonight Show.

My suggestion is that everyone call the station and politely complain about them telling people to only watch the musical act on the Tonight Show tonight. Be sure to be polite about it as we don't want to get bad press out of it but this could be a great chance for a free advertising.

Here is the number for the direct line for the programming director, Tommy Mattern - 314.613.7769

If you live outside the St. Louis area I would suggest that you make a comment via their online form instead of calling. http://www.1057thepoint.com/Station/info.aspx

Edit: It was brought to my attention that the number above could be mistaken for "personal" information. It's not. Both the programming director's name and the hotline to reach him are available on the station's official website.

Man from La Mancha
10-30-2007, 10:22 AM
bump

Give me liberty
10-30-2007, 10:25 AM
It seems to me that local station fears ron paul! lol :p :D

thats great if they do fear him.

DrNoZone
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Isn't one call enough? Do we have to call out the Ron Paul brigade over EVERYTHING?

im_a_pepper
10-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm from St. Louis and love 105.7 , that sucks. Calling them up now.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/rtcrump/IM000677.jpg
Happy Halloween!

transistor
10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Talk about overreacting

axiomata
10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Are we sure they did this to spite Ron Paul or do they just think the Sex Pistols rock and they didn't even know/care who else was on the show?

mkrfctr
10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
It was a 'hey the Sex Pistols will be on Jay Leno, check them out at the end of the show!' more than likely.

Seriously put the tin foil away, it gets annoying.

Shink
10-30-2007, 12:49 PM
It was a 'hey the Sex Pistols will be on Jay Leno, check them out at the end of the show!' more than likely.

Seriously put the tin foil away, it gets annoying.

Put the tin foil phrase away, it gets annoying.

American
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I would call them up also, even if it is innocent it could get more publicity for Ron Paul. How they handle the calls is another thing, but you cant deny the passion of Ron Paul supporters. No matter what they say if they say anything it can always be spun to what it is PASSION for Ron Paul.

CALL THEM!!! :D

RonPaulStreetTeam
10-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I say free Radio plug is awesome.

make it happen! but not under you guys are ignoring him but under hey this is a great man to check out sorta way.

Brian Bailey
10-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm from the St. Louis area. This is not a politically oriented radio station in the least. They play music... they were promoting the musician. I'm sure that's all it was.

speciallyblend
10-30-2007, 01:45 PM
HOLD ALL ACCOUNTABLE,whiners to the back of the line,to refresh your passion.

March onward;)

RON PAUL 2008

Mr. White
10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
As a former STL'er I'll admonish you for not listneing to 93X. I guarantee RC loves RP

JerzieJennie
10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh come on guys. One call is enough. Dont make us out to be pests that "spam" their radio station. That will just make them talk crap about us.

Honestly, we dont need to band together and call every single person that accidentally doesnt know who RP is. Its borderline harassment, and I suggest we knock off that sort of behavior before we just give ourselves a bad name.