PDA

View Full Version : Paul, Bachmann rock day two at Republican Leadership Conference

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Paul, Bachmann rock day two at Republican Leadership Conference

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/17/paul-bachmann-rock-day-two-at-republican-leadership-conference/#ixzz1PajZs6Fx

One part I liked:

Next was the congressman from Texas. Even with rows of extra chairs brought in, the Paul crowd filled the room to standing-room only.

Paul took credit for moving the debate on several issues since his 2008 campaign. He first cited the growing backlash against the Transportation Security Administration’s aggressive warrantless searches at the airports. (Paul’s home state of Texas is considering a measure to prosecute TSA agents who grope without a warrant.)

Paul then pointed out the growing Republican opposition to the current wars abroad – and indeed, frontrunner Gov Mitt Romney made waves earlier this week by suggesting it was almost time to withdraw from Afghanistan. (RON PAUL: Why I’m suing the Obama administration over Libya)

Paul cited Ronald Reagan’s withdrawal of troops from Lebanon as an antecedent of his own foreign policy.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/17/paul-bachmann-rock-day-two-at-republican-leadership-conference/#ixzz1PajndM4T

Dorfsmith
06-17-2011, 08:46 PM
I like how they talk about Bachmann dodging their question. She's all talk.

lynnf
06-17-2011, 09:01 PM
and Santorum was largely ignored.....

eduardo89
06-17-2011, 09:45 PM

as always.

james1906
06-17-2011, 09:47 PM

Who or what is a Santorum? Should I google it?

Thomas
06-17-2011, 09:48 PM
were our people obnoxious and/or rude?

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 09:51 PM

were they Ron Paul supporters? if so, then you have your answer.

i learned that wherever you have a large group of RP supporters, their passion will be seen as rude.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 09:53 PM

i learned that wherever you have a large group of RP supporters, their passion will be seen as rude.

No, they booed Cain which is always rude. He didn't attack anyone, he just said something idiotic.

Thomas
06-17-2011, 09:54 PM
idiots turning people off to ron paul, they need their ass kicked

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 09:56 PM
idiots turning people off to ron paul, they need their ass kicked

how? there are too many to control them.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 09:58 PM
how? there are too many to control them.

I think yal or when they pick up the tickets they should get a paper, or something, saying 'Caution this isn't a rally and success is best achieved by being respectful of other speakers even when you disagree with them.' And YAL could brief people on how this is spun against Ron by his opponents and enemies. I think they are good kids or they wouldn't be there. They are all together thinking 'kegger' or 'football game' when it is really more like 'Grandma's lawn bowling party'.

Theocrat
06-17-2011, 10:07 PM

The ironic thing during these campaigns is that even though Congressman Paul represents a particular group of people as their representative, we as his supporters represent him in our grassroots activities to the public. That's why we should act accordingly when we petition, proclaim, and promote Dr. Paul to the masses, especially if we expect to win other supporters over to our side.

Too many Ron Paul supporters become rugged individualists by "doing their own thing," under the banner of Ron Paul's name. We need to realize that we are a unit, a body of supporters that reflect what Congressman Paul teaches to the curious public. Our behavior is an indication of what we believe, and if our behavior is disruptive to others, then how shall we expect them to grab a hold of our beliefs?

Thomas
06-17-2011, 10:12 PM
I think yal or when they pick up the tickets they should get a paper, or something, saying 'Caution this isn't a rally and success is best achieved by being respectful of other speakers even when you disagree with them.' And YAL could brief people on how this is spun against Ron by his opponents and enemies. I think they are good kids or they wouldn't be there. They are all together thinking 'kegger' or 'football game' when it is really more like 'Grandma's lawn bowling party'.

YAL does teach its members to be respectful, but this isn't a YAL operation.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 10:14 PM
YAL does teach its members to be respectful, but this isn't a YAL operation.

Oh. Well, whomever, then.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I say we all show up wearing our suits and Mises bow-ties and act like Southern gentlemen whose acumen far exceeds every one else in the room. Sounds like a plan to me!

This guys approves!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pMxRaOu3vyc/SruB7j8wPMI/AAAAAAAAAJc/ecfBRKT9BLE/s400/J+Tucker

:lol:

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 10:41 PM
I say we all show up wearing our suits and Mises bow-ties and act like Southern gentlemen whose acumen far exceeds every one else in the room. Sounds like a plan to me!

This guys approves!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pMxRaOu3vyc/SruB7j8wPMI/AAAAAAAAAJc/ecfBRKT9BLE/s400/J+Tucker

:lol:

That could actually be fun. Particularly in the reaction of the rest of the conference dwellers..

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-17-2011, 11:12 PM
I think he needs a bowler hat. :p

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I think he needs a bowler hat. :p

And possibly a cane...

Anti Federalist
06-17-2011, 11:19 PM

I'm guessing we all need to act like this, right?

http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2008/10/mccain%20supporters_52632_0.jpg

tpreitzel
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
And possibly a cane...

Cain = cane
Romney = Rob Me or mittens (Mitt)
Bachmann = Bawk and gawk men, Michelle, Ma Belle (Beatles) Twinkle bell, AT&T logo ... ;)

Imagine a group showing up and subtly mocking the other candidates by wearing or carrying attire whose words are homonyms of the candidates' names. No, don't actually do it! ;)

White Bear Lake
06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
All Ron Paul supporters should now come in looking like they're at some 1920's era baseball game.

http://hpef.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/brewer-01.jpg

Dress to impress, baby.

Brett85
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM

Yep.

Cain was generally well-received. But when he moved on to foreign policy and told the audience that, “When you mess with Israel you are messing with the United States of America!,” Paul’s dovish supporters made their presence known by breaking up the applause with just as many boos."

Ron's supporters are his biggest liability. People can sit there, listen, and have some respect for the speaker.

KurtBoyer25L
06-18-2011, 01:40 AM

Blandington J. Vanillaman.