PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul hints that the judge will be his VP pick

RonPaulCult
06-17-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11157087/1/ron-pauls-vp-propsect.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN

dannno
06-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Not a bad article..

jkr
06-17-2011, 05:32 PM
nOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

he needs to be in the super friend court!

Wesker1982
06-17-2011, 05:32 PM
That would be a dream come true.

RonPaulCult
06-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I remember once Ron Paul was asked who Obama should choose as his supreme court nominee and he said it should be The Judge. He obviously has enormous respect for him.

Wren
06-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I like it but... the media would tear him apart because of the 9/11 thing

Guitarzan
06-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I'd much rather see the Judge appointed to SCOTUS by a President Paul.

malkusm
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
It's a pick that WE would like, but Ron's going to be advised once he wins the GOP nomination that he needs to pick a candidate that can also unify the GOP base around him.

dannno
06-17-2011, 05:48 PM
It's a pick that WE would like, but Ron's going to be advised once he wins the GOP nomination that he needs to pick a candidate that can also unify the GOP base around him.

I doubt he'll take that advise.. Napolitano is a Fox News commentator, why can't the GOP base unify around him?

Sola_Fide
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I doubt he'll take that advise.. Napolitano is a Fox News commentator, why can't the GOP base unify around him?

They can and they will.

squarepusher
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
IS Napolitano Italian?

trey4sports

Hes too divisive, and he's not a name that most FOX viewers have a strong opinion on one way or the other. He doesn't even have a daily FNC show. Demint is an example of someone that would solidify the GOP base.

Agorism
That's who I would have picked for him btw. I'd much prefer Napolitano over others.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Woohoo! :D

RecoveringNeoCon
06-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Judge Napolitano taking Beck's 5pm spot would let the Judge become more acquainted with Fox viewers even more! Hopefully he gets it.....

Wesker1982
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Judge Napolitano taking Beck's 5pm spot would let the Judge become more acquainted with Fox viewers even more! Hopefully he gets it.....

That is a big IF imo. Any news on it?

RecoveringNeoCon
06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Nothin' yet. With Beck's show coming to end in a few weeks, news should be surfacing very soon.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM

That's what's so great about da Judge! Everybody likes him. :)

Sweman
06-17-2011, 06:19 PM
IS Napolitano Italian?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=sv&geocode=&q=Naples,+FL,+United+States&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.502405,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Naples,+Collier+County,+Florida&ll=26.194877,-81.732788&spn=2.730472,7.03125&z=8

Kregisen
06-17-2011, 06:41 PM
If Ron could announce a VP pick before the primaries....it would really help, especially if it's the Judge since he hosts his own show. That would help Ron a ton.

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 06:50 PM
The VP debates would be such a slaughter, it would be completely unfair.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-17-2011, 06:52 PM
The VP debates would be such a slaughter, it would be completely unfair.Indeed! The Judge would humiliate Biden.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Sometimes I wonder what is going on here. This would be a poor ticket...someone was correct, the VP brings the party together, all the people that voted for their losing candidate, need to then be brought into the fold. The Judge is the same as Paul, regardless if he is on FOX news...he should shoot for a gov or senator that he could stomach..Niki Haley could be a good choice for example...as long as she is NOT a Hawk..she would do nicely...you want someone with high favor-ability ratings, relative neutral and not divisive, and brings in the mainstream voter..she is a woman and non-white...apparently a tea-party candidate...

Matthew Zak
06-17-2011, 06:53 PM
That would be awesome.

Gotta find a place in the cabinet for Tom Woods, Peter Schiff, Rand Paul, Lew Rockwell, Adam Kokesh, Gary Johnson... who else...?

Imagine.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Niki Haley could be a good choice for example...as long as she is NOT a Hawk..she would do nicely...you want someone with high favor-ability ratings, relative neutral and not divisive, and brings in the mainstream voter..she is a woman and non-white...apparently a tea-party candidate...Nikki Haley has baggage. The liberals were already picking through her droppings over that affair scandal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/08/nikki-haley-affair-rumors_n_819824.html

We need someone who is strong, we don't need to be pandering to demographics. That's not Ron Paul.

Fermli
06-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I hope they don't kick the judge off his show b/c of this mention. Isn't there some rule about potential candidates having TV shows?

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 07:08 PM
We need to be doing less egg counting, and more egg laying. //

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Nikki Haley has baggage. The liberals were already picking through her droppings over that affair scandal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/08/nikki-haley-affair-rumors_n_819824.html

We need someone who is strong, we don't need to be pandering to demographics. That's not Ron Paul.

Ok, fair enough..but I was just trying to illustrate the point...but I disagree, you need pandering to demographics, remember who your opponent is...I think you need balance on the ticket..my sense is you need an anti-war, social moderate, with credibility on spending to pull the independents in

RonPaulCult
06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Sometimes I wonder what is going on here. This would be a poor ticket...someone was correct, the VP brings the party together, all the people that voted for their losing candidate, need to then be brought into the fold. The Judge is the same as Paul, regardless if he is on FOX news...he should shoot for a gov or senator that he could stomach..Niki Haley could be a good choice for example...as long as she is NOT a Hawk..she would do nicely...you want someone with high favor-ability ratings, relative neutral and not divisive, and brings in the mainstream voter..she is a woman and non-white...apparently a tea-party candidate...

How wrong you are. If Ron wins the primary, the general election will be a piece of cake. Any republican will get the republican vote against Obama. Ron Paul owns independents. And he's even a bit popular with liberals. It's the primary that is the difficult part for him.

I don't want to say something sad and horrible here but Dr. Paul is up there in age. If he passes, we need somebody who will carry the torch of liberty. We don't need a neo-con taking over. Think about it!

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 07:33 PM
The Judge would eviscerate Biden so bad it wouldn't even be funny. Ron has all ready said that his VP must agree with his philosophy so that eliminates most of 'mainstream' picks that people around here want because they perceive some electoral boost. Besides the fact, do you really want another Reagan/Bush debacle where the President gets assassinated (or nearly so / blackballed into Neo-Connism) and the VP is someone wholly ideologically opposed? Seriously people? Think it through. We must have a VP who is exactly like Ron in order to decrease the chances of assassination / blackmail.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Ok, fair enough..but I was just trying to illustrate the point...but I disagree, you need pandering to demographics, remember who your opponent is...I think you need balance on the ticket..my sense is you need an anti-war, social moderate, with credibility on spending to pull the independents inEDIT: Whoops...I didn't read that closely enough.

IMO, Dr. Paul is already pretty strong with independents. Napolitano would only boost his message and stances.

QueenB4Liberty
06-17-2011, 07:59 PM
:D I like that!

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 07:59 PM
That's already Ron Paul's image among most Republicans. If anything, to get a balance, you'd need a "strong on defense" "social conservative", like a Palin or Bachmann (but without their negatives). To be clear, I'm only speaking to most Republican's perceptions.

Something tells me Ron would be dead within six months if we get anyone else other than another person that is near a carbon copy of Ron as VP, especially if you appease the hawks and Neo-Cons in the party. Don't think for a second that Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the way Reagan's administration went, or the attempted assassination. These people are ruthless, cold, and merciless. I can just imagine the red dots on Ron's forehead as he goes after the Fed and the MIC.

RonPaulGetsIt
06-17-2011, 08:04 PM
That's already Ron Paul's image among most Republicans. If anything, to get a balance, you'd need a "strong on defense" "social conservative", like a Palin or Bachmann (but without their negatives). To be clear, I'm only speaking to most Republican's perceptions.

You are thinking about the way things are here and now. Ron Paul's only shot to win is to have the answers as to what to do when the next crisis hits. At that point people will want knowledge and truth. The Palin silliess will be history. There will be real panic as stocks tank and a QE3 does nothing but cause more inflation. Ron Paul will have the stage and no one else, including the vp will really matter.

cindy25
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
it makes sense politically:
1) Fox will go full throttle for one of their own
2) it's balanced regionally (TX/NJ)
3) it's balanced religiously
4) ethnic Italians will vote for the ticket

and the Judge can be trusted; DeMint is better than most but could go neo-con anytime.

Imaginos
06-19-2011, 06:30 AM
That would be a dream come true.
+1

JackieDan
06-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Judge is a perfect pick. Thank you for sharing this.

Noob
06-19-2011, 07:37 AM
No Jesse Ventura?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/jesse-ventura-says-he-would-abolish-us-income-tax/2011/06/08/AGlMyWMH_video.html

tangent4ronpaul
06-19-2011, 08:10 AM
That would totally suck! - No more Freedom Watch! :(
j/k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld7VVBztuVM

Whatever Became of Hubert?
Tom Lehrer

I wonder how many people here tonight remember Hubert Humphrey. He used to be a senator. From time to time you read something about him pinning a medal on somebody or making a speech, or every now and then you read something in one of those Where Are They Now? columns. Whatever became of Deanna Durbin and Hubert Humphrey and so on. This became quite an issue last winter at the time of Winston Churchill's funeral when President Johnson was too ill to go and somebody suggested that he send Hubert and he said "Hubert who?" And all America was singing...

Whatever became of Hubert?
Has anyone heard a thing?
Once he shone on his own,
Now he sits home alone,
And waits for the phone to ring.

Once a fiery liberal spirit,
Ah, but now when he speaks he must clear it.
Second fiddle's a hard part, I know,
When they don't even give you a bow.

"We must protest his treatment," Hubert,
Says each newspaper reader.
As someone once remarked to Schubert,
"Take us to your Lieder."

(Sorry about that)

Whatever became of you, Hubert?
We miss you, so tell us please.
Are you sad? Are you cross? Are you gathering moss
While you wait for the boss to sneeze?

Does Lyndon, recalling when he was VP,