PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jindal at SRLC got applause for allowing judges to use castration as punishment

libertybrewcity
06-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Anyone else hear that? He is talking right now at the SRLC. He was bragging about what he did in Louisiana and got a huge applause for saying he allowed judges to issue castration as punishment for child predators. What the hell? What kind of animals are we?!?!

Live feed:
http://www.cspan.org/Events/2012-Candidates-Address-GOP-Conference/10737422341-1/

specsaregood
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Uhm, you sure he isn't referring to chemical castration?

FrankRep
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone else hear that? He is talking right now at the SRLC. He was bragging about what he did in Louisiana and got a huge applause for saying he allowed judges to issue castration as punishment for child predators. What the hell? What kind of animals are we?!?!

Live feed:
http://www.cspan.org/Events/2012-Candidates-Address-GOP-Conference/10737422341-1/

How should child rapists be treated?

thedude
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM

"Somebody get that lorena bobbitt on the line..."

Philhelm
06-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Prison?

realtonygoodwin
06-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I support the death penalty for convicted rapists, especially child rapists. Not statutory rape where it was consensual.

specsaregood
06-17-2011, 04:26 PM
//

erowe1
06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Prison?

Why is that a better punishment than castration?

QueenB4Liberty
06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
So as long as the 5yr old says she wanted it, its ok?

I think this person means like if you're right under the age of consent and you have sex with someone over the age of consent. That kind of statutory rape.

dannno
06-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I support the death penalty for convicted rapists, especially child rapists. Not statutory rape where it was consensual.

What if the woman has sex consensually, regrets it afterwards (let's say the guy tells her he doesn't want a long term commitment or she finds out something about him she didn't know that she doesn't like or maybe she's just kinda crazy), then she has a strong emotional breakdown, injures herself physically and then the next day decides that this guy ruined her life and she decides to bring rape charges against him?

It has happened sooo many times, guys are falsely convicted of rape because some women are just crazy. These men should have the opportunity to sit in prison and wait for evidence to come up or wait for the woman to feel guilty enough to come clean.

There is no reason we can't put violent rapists in prison indefinitely, but it seems foolish to me to give them the death penalty when it can be very difficult to prove that rape occurred in many cases.

Ron Paul is against the death penalty even for murder.. but here's the thing about murder, when somebody is murdered it's often an open and shut case that homicide occurred. People don't commit suicide and dress it up to look like a murder scene, it's usually the opposite that occurs. The bottom line is that when a murder happens you KNOW it happened.. somebody is dead.. when rape occurs, it can sometimes be a blurry line as to what actually happened.

Child rape (as in under 13 years old) is more difficult to argue, though I would still put them in prison for life rather than death penalty on principle. Maybe somebody else raped the child and the child used it as an excuse to get rid of an adult they don't like and later they feel guilty. Who knows. But murder, the person is gone, there isn't much you can do. I'm still against the death penalty, but it's still a more definitive crime.

HOLLYWOOD
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Didn't remark about Anthony Weiner too? "Like if he was from this state, he'd be in prison."

These politicians live in there own world.

dannno
06-17-2011, 04:48 PM

The purpose of prison isn't to punish people, it is to remove violent people from society.

If you want to punish people, go start a Satanic cult or something.

If a prisoner WANTS to be chemically castrated, and they do some deal with the state where they can get out of prison earlier for going through with it, then I am ok with that.

specsaregood
06-17-2011, 04:50 PM
The purpose of prison isn't to punish people, it is to remove violent people from society.

Well at least we got past that whole notion of rehabilitation.

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Well at least we got past that whole notion of rehabilitation.

To be honest, I care a lot more about putting killers and others violent criminals in jail than rehabilitation.

erowe1
06-17-2011, 05:09 PM

If you want to punish people, go start a Satanic cult or something.

If a prisoner WANTS to be chemically castrated, and they do some deal with the state where they can get out of prison earlier for going through with it, then I am ok with that.

How does the satanic cult idea get in there?

I'm not really sure what the purpose of prison is. If it's something other than to punish people, then that's one of the problems with it, which brings me back to my previous question: Why is prison a better [fill in whatever word you think belongs here] than castration?

thedude
06-17-2011, 05:12 PM
To be honest, I care a lot more about putting killers and others violent criminals in jail than rehabilitation.

Because rehab never works in these instances, we can all learn something from George Carlin...

You dip a guy in brown gravy and lock him in a small room with a wolverine who's high on angel dust. There's one guy who's not going to be fucking with to many kids at the bus stop for a while.

Agorism
06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
People get falsely accused though.

If ya'll are going endorse castration, make sure you don't anger a female coworker or whoever. Nothing like a long legal process knowing ull get castrated if you lose.

dannno
06-17-2011, 05:20 PM
How does the satanic cult idea get in there?

I'm not really sure what the purpose of prison is. If it's something other than to punish people, then that's one of the problems with it, which brings me back to my previous question: Why is prison a better [fill in whatever word you think belongs here] than castration?

Are you Christian? If so, where in the Bible does it tell you that you should be punishing other people?

If you're atheist/agnostic and you want to punish people then that is a sign of someone on a power trip.

Again, the purpose of prison is not to punish people for bad behavior. It is to remove violent people from society. That happens to be a form of punishment, but it is not the purpose of prison.

thedude
06-17-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't give a damn what anybody says or what anybody's convictions are, if we know for a fact that somebody has abused children (not some angry ex or coworker, but children), that asshole should suffer, and suffer dearly.

Castration, in my opinion, is a slap on the wrist for a convicted child rapist. That doesn't come close to rectifying the wrong said child will have to live with for the rest of his or her life.

dannno
06-17-2011, 05:22 PM
People get falsely accused though.

If ya'll are going endorse castration, make sure you don't anger a female coworker or whoever. Nothing like a long legal process knowing ull get castrated if you lose.

Thanks for condensing my long ass post above. Anybody who thinks we should castrate rapists when they know full well that many men are falsely convicted of rape is not thinking this through, imo.

dannno
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't give a damn what anybody says or what anybody's convictions are, if we know for a fact that somebody has abused children (not some angry ex or coworker, but children), that asshole should suffer, and suffer dearly.

Are you Christian?

If so:
"I, the LORD, will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their sin."

Are you the Lord? No? Then what are you doing punishing people? Do you think that this child rapist won't be justly punished by God? Have some faith for crying out loud.

If not: It's not your job to punish others, that is offensive (as opposed to defensive). Your only job is self defense. That means removing violent people from society as a way of self-defense.

Philhelm
06-17-2011, 05:46 PM

A wrongly convicted man can be released from prison, but not "un-castrated."

dannno
06-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Also a good point.

I just got -rep'd for 'defending pedophiles'. That's got to require some mental gymnastics. I guess I should get -rep'd for 'defending murderers' as well since I feel the same way about both.

ababba
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
It makes sense to give convicted rapists the option to choose castration or prison time.

dannno
06-17-2011, 06:19 PM

Another thing, here we are defending people who have been wrongly accused of a crime, and I end up -rep'd for defending people who committed the crime when I never did..

rp08orbust
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Yep.

QueenB4Liberty
06-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I really don't think you can rehabilitate a child rapist. I don't believe you can rehabilitate all criminals.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Honestly, I dont see a problem with it. Even in an anarchist society, he would be lucky just to get that.

erowe1
06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Are you Christian? If so, where in the Bible does it tell you that you should be punishing other people?

Genesis 9:6

Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.