PDA

View Full Version : New poll: Paul 2nd in NH....

Agorism
06-17-2011, 03:44 PM
http://nhjournal.com/2011/06/16/poll-bachmann-breaks-through-huntsman-hurting-romney-rolling/

mconder
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Well...at least we are in Second. In spite of all the media is doing to prop him up, Romney is his own worst enemy. He will hang himself soon enough.

James Madison
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
The favorable/unfavorable numbers are depressing.

johnrocks
06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Got a while but a lot of work lied ahead. What worries me is;according to this article; Paul's negative rating is slightly higher than his positive.

anaconda
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Gotta love that fierce libertarian New Hampshire's overwhelming support for Mitt Romney.:rolleyes:

James Madison
06-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Gotta love that fierce libertarian New Hampshire's overwhelming support for Mitt Romney.:rolleyes:

I think it's mostly displaced Bostonians and what-not. Still, it's frustrating.

Michael Landon
06-17-2011, 04:46 PM
78% of those surveyed where 45 and older. Those are not Paul's strongest demographics. I'm willing to bet most of Paul's 10% were from the 22% under the age off 44.

- ML

CUnknown
06-17-2011, 05:55 PM
78% of those surveyed where 45 and older. Those are not Paul's strongest demographics. I'm willing to bet most of Paul's 10% were from the 22% under the age off 44.

- ML

Unfortunately, this is the demographic that votes. If that suddenly changes, Paul will win in a landslide, but we can't count on that.

But, I can't get depressed by a poll in which we're in double-digits and in 2nd place! In '08 we would have killed for a poll like this.

Paul4Prez
06-17-2011, 11:19 PM
The favorable/unfavorable numbers are depressing.

The unfavorable numbers don't matter, because those votes are going to be split between all of the status quo candidates. With a large field, we only need to hit 30-35 percent to win in most of these states.

The good news: still in 2nd place, and 40 percent view Ron Paul favorably, with 13 percent undecided. Name recognition is at 100 percent in New Hampshire.

libertybrewcity
06-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Love how they state "Texas Congressman Ron Paul" and then "Bachmann"

Paul Or Nothing II
06-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Got a while but a lot of work lied ahead. What worries me is;according to this article; Paul's negative rating is slightly higher than his positive.

I agree & I'd bet its mostly because they don't know what Ron's REAL position is on some of the issues so IF ONLY Ron could word his message in simple, concise & comprehensible terms, I'm sure he'll be able to considerably raise his favorable rating. Just look at the OBL issue, the whole drug, prostitution, abortion thing; he unnecessarily goes into principle about why it should be one way or another as opposed to telling people what he'd ACTUALLY DO AS PRESIDENT, for eg. he'd've caught OBL much earlier & with less human & economic costs, & that he'd NOT legalize/ban drugs, prostitution, abortion, etc but rather he'd let the people in each state decide what they want to legalize/ban & that he'd NOT shove all that down people's throats against their wishes because he thinks it's right. If only......

Yeah, the free state, right!

But I'll give some credit to them considering Ron has 100% recognition there.

Unfortunately, this is the demographic that votes. If that suddenly changes, Paul will win in a landslide, but we can't count on that.

But the thing is that younger people don't vote because they think politics is futile & all politicians are alike & corrupt but when they find out that someone like Ron exists, they become the fiercest of supporters so we shouldn't think that youth-vote is less important.

But, I can't get depressed by a poll in which we're in double-digits and in 2nd place! In '08 we would have killed for a poll like this.

Yeah, some of the Ron's supporters would've literally killed to see the kind of numbers we're seeing now :) but there's still a lot that can be done.

king_nothing_
06-18-2011, 01:47 AM

- ML

58% of voters in the 2008 election were 45+. That's quite a bit different than 78%.

sorianofan
06-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Why, if he was 2nd, does the news not even report it?

Paul Or Nothing II
06-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Why, if he was 2nd, does the news not even report it?

Usually they just ignore him when he does well & say that it was only because of a few enthusiastic supporters so he doesn't count & sideline him, they've a history of doing this so no point in expecting a different treatment no matter what.

MozoVote
06-18-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm ok with Romney spending a pile of money to win a piddling state like New Hampshire. I still think he will play poorly in the south, as happened in 2008. Romney may come in 3rd or 4th in Iowa since he's not making a serious effort there. This "front runner" may have less momentum now than in 2008. Herman Cain and Gingrich will probably have dropped out after South Carolina, so the anti-Romney vote will bo coalesing toward other candidates as the campaign winds on.

libertythor
06-18-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm ok with Romney spending a pile of money to win a piddling state like New Hampshire. I still think he will play poorly in the south, as happened in 2008. Romney may come in 3rd or 4th in Iowa since he's not making a serious effort there. This "front runner" may have less momentum now than in 2008. Herman Cain and Gingrich will probably have dropped out after South Carolina, so the anti-Romney vote will bo coalesing toward other candidates as the campaign winds on.

Plus it is still early. It would help greatly if the Ron Paul campaign were to invest in some mailers showing how Obama and Romney are alike in a side-by-side matchup on one side and on the reverse side would be RP's positions and voting record. Ron Paul can easily pull 25%+ in New Hampshire with effective communication. What we don't need are people knocking on people's doors who go straight into 911 truth (Especially when RP has only called for another investigation.) or his more controversial foreign policy positions.

anaconda
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM

I agree. I think we're in decent shape. This economy is going to get a lot worse and Paul's platform and trustworthiness may begin to outperform the other candidates by increasing margins, and ultimately overshadow a plausible, steady decline in Romney's popularity.

RonPaul101.com
06-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Plus it is still early. It would help greatly if the Ron Paul campaign were to invest in some mailers showing how Obama and Romney are alike in a side-by-side matchup on one side and on the reverse side would be RP's positions and voting record. Ron Paul can easily pull 25%+ in New Hampshire with effective communication. What we don't need are people knocking on people's doors who go straight into 911 truth (Especially when RP has only called for another investigation.) or his more controversial foreign policy positions.

I agree with you. First we need to sure up getting no worse than 2nd on NH, otherwise the media will really discredit RP. Second, if we can make it a close race in Romney's backyard its gives RP a lot of credibility. I know a lot of focus is on Iowa, but we need to organize more stuff for NH. I live in NJ and could get to NH for any event or rallies, and I hope to soon.

HarryBrowneLives
06-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I agree. I think we're in decent shape. This economy is going to get a lot worse and Paul's platform and trustworthiness may begin to outperform the other candidates by increasing margins, and ultimately overshadow a plausible, steady decline in Romney's popularity.

I agree 100%. Futhermore, the ads really haven't started yet. If we can get some of Rand's old people or something vs. "He's catching on I'm tellin' ya!", we got a shot at second in NH which is big. Do well in IA and get a bump and/or knock it outta the park in one of these debates or Romey, Bachman stumble badly who knows? With all the MSM meme's out there I figured it would be much worse than this especially when the poll was steered toward +45 age group. We can work with this.

HarryBrowneLives
06-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Tale of two cities here in NH ... Romney's support is a mile wide and an inch deep. Ours is the opposite ... I'd say two inches vs. the half inch of 2008. What I found interesting in the National Journal's poll about the debate 8% said RP won while the National Journals "insiders" poll of 54 people cited by CNN said 0%.:rolleyes::D

Suzu
06-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Ditto to the last few posts. But remember, we only want to "peak" in NH during the week or so right before the primary.

Slutter McGee
06-20-2011, 08:19 AM
This is why Free State Project is such a joke.

Slutter McGee