PDA

View Full Version : The Republican Leadership Conference is live on C-SPAN 1 now

Harry96
06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Ron is supposed to be speaking shortly.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.cspan.org/Events/2012-Candidates-Address-GOP-Conference/10737422341-1/

trey4sports
06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Dude, it sounds like Herman Cain is getting booed by about 1/3 of the crowd for his Israel worship, reminiscent of certain CPAC speakers. They're holding Ron Paul signs... nice!

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.c-span.org/flvPop.aspx?src=cspan1&msg=You+are+watching+the+C-SPAN+Networks&start=28.395&end=-1

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Herman Cain sucks so much.

Havax
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Boos reign out from Paul supporters about Israel comments.

TheTyke
06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow... Ron is sounding REALLY good today.

JacobG18
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM

this

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Dude, it sounds like Herman Cain is getting booed by about 1/3 of the crowd for his Israel worship, reminiscent of certain CPAC speakers. They're holding Ron Paul signs... nice!

Not nice at all, since it is being written up on the web and people are using it to suggest Ron Paul supporters are 'anti-Israel' instead of 'anti-warforever'. http://www.bestofneworleans.com/blogofneworleans/archives/2011/06/17/republican-leadership-conference-2011-rep-steve-scalise-and-herman-cain

NewRightLibertarian
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM

I love when he talks foreign policy! :)

Havax
06-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Well it's clear he isn't running to win. This is a campaign of ideas again. He's focusing on the one issue everyone in the room (not a RP supporter) disagrees with him on.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Notice that the old ladies who didn't like what Ron said about not being bogged down in so many foreign countries just sat on thier hands and exchanged looks. THAT is considered 'the proper way to protest' in an event like this by the typical primary voter. Our guys have every right to their opinion, but we are trying to market a candidate here. And Ron is articulating his own response to what Cain said.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Not nice at all, since it is being written up on the web and people are using it to suggest Ron Paul supporters are 'anti-Israel' instead of 'anti-warforever'. http://www.bestofneworleans.com/blogofneworleans/archives/2011/06/17/republican-leadership-conference-2011-rep-steve-scalise-and-herman-cain

So if I boo about my money being stolen from me and sent to some minority specifically enumerated by the 'authorities' I am suddenly anti-whatever minority gets my stolen loot? This argument is easy to demolish. I'm against getting stolen from, and it is clear to anyone else that this principle extends to all facets of the looting-regime. America-First is now somehow anti-World? Yeah...sure...ok. Progressive-internationalist Republicans are worse than the Democrats.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
"We need a pro-America foreign policy!" - Ron Paul

YAY!!! That's the way to do it. :D

reduen
06-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Ron Paul is hitting a homerun on this one!!!!

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
This drug discussion is not going well. :( Ugh. That didn't come across like he intended.

IndianaPolitico
06-17-2011, 01:27 PM
"We need a pro-America foreign policy!" - Ron Paul

YAY!!! That's the way to do it. :D

That was an amazing answer, but I wish he hadn't brought up the drug issue.

CaptUSA
06-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I can't see this, but your posts seem rather conflicting! I can't tell what's going on.

NewRightLibertarian
06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
This drug discussion is not going well. :( Ugh. That didn't come across like he intended.

I thought he did great, especially regarding industrial hemp.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 01:30 PM
well, the interest rate on CD bit didn't go over quite as well as I hoped (general silence).

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I thought he did great, especially regarding industrial hemp.

Yes, about that he did. But, not when he was talking about letting people take drugs if they want. It just didn't come across well; nor was it received well.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 01:34 PM
I can't see this, but your posts seem rather conflicting! I can't tell what's going on.

He's talking about a variety of things. He did great on foreign policy. Horrible on drugs. His comment about allowing people to drink raw milk caught people totally off-guard. They laughed. He should have left that off. These are not the people who use Wheat Grass.

Now, he's talking about the philosophy of freedom.

Brian4Liberty
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Notice that the old ladies who didn't like what Ron said about not being bogged down in so many foreign countries just sat on thier hands and exchanged looks. THAT is considered 'the proper way to protest' in an event like this by the typical primary voter.

I have noticed that through-out Ron's speech, C-SPAN has focused a lot on sour faced people in the audience.

NewRightLibertarian
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes, about that he did. But, not when he was talking about letting people take drugs if they want. It just didn't come across well; nor was it received well.

When he said, 'Osama told us the truth' it came off bad as well but he turned it into a great point.

I'd rather him continue to be himself than attempt to run a slick, normal campaign. He's never going to be able to run the slickest campaign, but he will be able to win people over being earnest and truthful. He can win coming off as the exact opposite of a usual politician since we are living in strange, revolutionary times.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 01:38 PM

I agree, I would have left out the nod to people making their own choices generally and just have stuck with hemp and medical marijuana which are the only ones likely to be accepted in any state even if the federal drug war ends.

He goes from rallies to these events, and the audiences are very different.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 01:39 PM
When he said, 'Osama told us the truth' it came off bad as well but he turned it into a great point.

I'd rather him continue to be himself than attempt to run a slick, normal campaign. He's never going to be able to run the slickest campaign, but he will be able to win people over being earnest and truthful. He can win coming off as the exact opposite of a usual politician since we are living in strange, revolutionary times.

I don't want him slick, I'd just like him to drill with Doug Wead for a few hours before a big debate or event like this. But he's the best candidate, and if VOTERS were doing their job.....

thehighwaymanq
06-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Best quote ever!!!!!!!!!!

We need to use this! This is the new campaign slogan! Brushfires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate-ForLiberty
06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Damn, Ron Paul blew up that whole room!!

wgadget
06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Ron took my advice: HE ENDED by saying that we need to be OPTIMISTIC.

He's right, of course.

Ron Paul is a living legend.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298575-The-one-thing-our-fearless-leader-%28Ron%29-is-lacking.....

TheTyke
06-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Rough spot or not, that speech was simply epic. He is really getting better. :D

hillertexas
06-17-2011, 01:42 PM
That was an AWESOME speech!!!!!!!

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Good for DeMint. He gave Dr. Paul props.

The sour-faced ladies continued to sour face.

LukeO
He ended it really well. I felt like he gave his supporters a good deal to feel confident about in remaining optimistic.

MRoCkEd
Classic Ron... That speech will fire up supporters, but I fear it will not win over many likely Republican voters. I wish he spoke like he does in Iowa, playing to the audience's concerns. But what can you do. Ron is Ron.

hillertexas
06-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Jim DeMint: "I told Ron Paul that I used to think he was crazy, but I'm starting to feel a little crazy myself" <------great RP plug :)

BUSHLIED
disappointed in the speech...stumbling around...what the hell is doing? No one has a handle on him, that's the problem...the audience was predominately older women...the biggest block he has trouble with...

Havax
When are the straw poll results released?

LibertyEagle
I don't want him slick, I'd just like him to drill with Doug Wead for a few hours before a big debate or event like this. But he's the best candidate, and if VOTERS were doing their job.....

Yes please.

reduen
06-17-2011, 01:46 PM
That was epic indeed...!!! Great job!!!

I am more fired up now then I have been in a long while! Those who did not understand the greatness of Dr. Paul after this speech will never get it...!!

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Jim DeMint: "I told Ron Paul that I used to think he was crazy, but I'm starting to feel a little crazy myself" <------great RP plug :)

Darn. I stopped recording before that.

hillertexas
06-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Now he is talking about how awesome Rand is! Nice.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Notice that the old ladies who didn't like what Ron said about not being bogged down in so many foreign countries just sat on thier hands and exchanged looks. Yes, but by the end of the speech they were nodding their heads in agreement and even clapping at some of the things he did - specifically the quote from either Sam Adams or Madison.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Well it's clear he isn't running to win. This is a campaign of ideas again. He's focusing on the one issue everyone in the room (not a RP supporter) disagrees with him on.
Wrong.

He's running to win, everyone around him is running to win. And he is winning!

LibertyEagle
DeMint is a good guy.

It is a GREAT thing that he is coming right after Ron Paul.

wgadget
If I were one of those old people in the audience, I think I would feel proud that so many young people are embracing freedom, just as our founding fathers did.

It SHOULD give them hope...

PaulConventionWV

I don't get people like you.

-rep

I don't know about you, but I think a campaign of ideas is all we could ever hope to achieve, and I don't believe the hype that a campaign of ideas is doomed to failure. We will and can lead a revolution.

wgadget
06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't get people like you.

-rep

I don't know about you, but I think a campaign of ideas is all we could ever hope to achieve, and I don't believe the hype that a campaign of ideas is doomed to failure. We will and can lead a revolution.

We ARE leading a revolution.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Classic Ron... That speech will fire up supporters, but I fear it will not win over many likely Republican voters. I wish he spoke like he does in Iowa, playing to the audience's concerns. But what can you do. Ron is Ron.
That's ok, the direct mail and door-to-door efforts will counter that. Most people don't watch political speeches anyway.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
DeMint is a good guy.
Have you seen his voting record?

afwjam
06-17-2011, 01:51 PM
disappointed in the speech...stumbling around...what the hell is doing? No one has a handle on him, that's the problem...the audience was predominately older women...the biggest block he has trouble with...

Thats where you are wrong, the audience was predominately Ron Paul supporters. The whole room left when Ron Paul was finished.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
I think the problem is that he doesn't know how to run a presidential campaign...these speeches are the few times that he gets to speak for 30 mins on National TV before definite republican voters and he just does his same old routine...

reduen
06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Listen folks. Some people will never get it and there is nothing that any of us can do.... I personally have seen many a neocon come to now support Dr. Paul, even those who I thought would never come around.

Sure, I helped get the conversation started but ultimately it is Dr. Paul doing what he does and being who he is that makes the difference. Understand it or not, it is because of the good Dr. Paul that we have any hope left in this country and I for one am very proud of him!!

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Thats where you are wrong, the audience was predominately Ron Paul supporters. The whole room left when Ron Paul was finished.

No way, the back of the room were Ron Paul people with signs, the whole front and center rows are VIP seats...that's were all the older individuals were sitting. Same seating like CPAC.

afwjam
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Ron Paul is leading a popular, youthful, fresh movement. That is the best kind of movement and it wont be stopped.

afwjam
06-17-2011, 01:54 PM
No way, the back of the room were Ron Paul people with signs, the whole front and center rows are VIP seats...that's were all the older individuals were sitting. Same seating like CPAC.

Yes the establishment was in their reserved seats, that does not make them the majority.

LibertyEagle
Have you seen his voting record?

Yes. At least some of it. I didn't say I agreed with him on everything.

But, he DID support Rand and he DOES support Ron. He needs to come around on a number of issues, but I do not think he is paid off and I do believe he loves his country.

reduen

I won't - rep you for this comment but I strongly dissagree....! :(

garyallen59
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
That was a tremendous speech! He stumbled his words a little, but since i'm from the south and have attended many southern baptist churches and heard many of the preachers sound just like this, i'm sure many of these people are quite used to that type of rambling. And are ok with it because they keep coming back every Sunday.

The Dark Knight
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
That was one of Rons Best speeches. Ever. My brother who is not a Ron Paul fan said Wow I think I like Ron Paul Now!

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Ok, let me say this: if you look at Ron Paul's House floor speeches, they are beautiful...he talks slow, articulate, and is prepared..WHY doesn't he do that for these types of events...he can read a speech intro for like 5 minutes then go off if he wants...

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes. At least some of it. I didn't say I agreed with him on everything.

But, he DID support Rand and he DOES support Ron. He needs to come around on a number of issues, but I do not think he is paid off and I do believe he loves his country.

I believe this as well. He sees things differently than we do on some points, but everyone who disagrees with us is not evil.

wgadget
06-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Ok, let me say this: if you look at Ron Paul's House floor speeches, they are beautiful...he talks slow, articulate, and is prepared..WHY doesn't he do that for these types of events...he can read a speech intro for like 5 minutes then go off if he wants...

I think he's worried about the time factor and getting ALL of his awesome ideas in.

hillertexas
06-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm super proud of him. It was like he knew that foreign policy is/was a weakness for the primaries, and he decided to attack the issue head on....in a venue where he had all the time in the world to explain himself. And he did. Very well. Instead of hide from it (which I thought he should do before today), he was like, "No bitches, I'm right. Now gather around cause I'm gonna explain something to you". He wasn't preaching to the choir. Were there RP supporters in the room? Sure. But there were plenty of others in the room too....including all of the people in the front section. Not to mention that this aired on CSPAN and so he had a national platform to address the one reason why some repubs are hesitant. And he made the case.

reduen
06-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Even more important, my teenage boys loved the speech! There is hope afterall...

wgadget
06-17-2011, 02:01 PM
i'm super proud of him. It was like he knew that foreign policy is/was a weakness for the primaries, and he decided to attack the issue head on....in a venue where he had all the time in the world to explain himself. And he did. Very well. Instead of hide from it (which i thought he should do before today), he was like, "no bitches, i'm right. Now gather around cause i'm gonna explain something to you". He wasn't preaching to the choir. Were there rp supporters in the room? Sure. But there were plenty of others in the room too....including all of the people in the front section. Not to mention that this aired on cspan and so he had a national platform to address the one reason why some repubs are hesitant. And he made the case.

Well said.

P.S. After watching that, I am SO jealous of all those people who could actually be there in the room...

georgiaboy
06-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Even more important, my teenage boys loved the speech! There is hope afterall...

nice.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Video: http://rpflix.com/994

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Holy cow, this Roger Williams guy is pathetic. The perfect example of why I can't stand the GOP. Seriously, what a loser.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
There will always be naysayers in this movement, but that is simply the nature of a diverse movement. However, I refuse to say this was a bad speech by Ron because he didn't talk about the things old voters care about. The truth is, they SHOULD care about what Ron is saying because he's RIGHT, daggonit! That is the beauty of this. Ron tell the inescapable truth. This speech has confirmed my suspicion that I would not support him if he were to do anything less than that. I don't care what you say, if you take that away, you ARE compromising the message.

I am more fired up than I have been since this campaign began, and it is because Ron stressed the idea of optimism. Everyone should come away from this feeling good about liberty.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 02:30 PM
There will always be naysayers in this movement, but that is simply the nature of a diverse movement. However, I refuse to say this was a bad speech by Ron because he didn't talk about the things old voters care about. The truth is, they SHOULD care about what Ron is saying because he's RIGHT, daggonit! That is the beauty of this. Ron tell the inescapable truth. This speech has confirmed my suspicion that I would not support him if he were to do anything less than that. I don't care what you say, if you take that away, you ARE compromising the message.

I am more fired up than I have been since this campaign began, and it is because Ron stressed the idea of optimism. Everyone should come away from this feeling good about liberty.

Running for President is an entire different beast. I am not saying he had to completely address those older voters...but had to try and appeal to mass audience and not just his base. I am not a naysayer but I react honestly and truthful to what I am watching from an objective perspective. Ron doesn't have to work to get me on his side, he has to expand his base of support...07-08 he got his base. Now he has to bring in new voters in a republican field that is already moving to the right, which means he won't stand out as much. It now becomes about polish, people are already receptive to his ideas with the advent of the modern day tea party and the big 2010 mid-term...

He didn't even talk about Obamacare.

He couldn't even say Presidential instead he said people running for "leadership"...are starting to sound like me or something like that...

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm DESPERATELY Seeking A Video Of This!!!

zach
06-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Bachmann is speaking a bit on the Federal Reserve. Nothing extensive, but she sounds closely to Ron with her current speech.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Bachmann is speaking a bit on the Federal Reserve. Nothing extensive, but she sounds closely to Ron with her current speech.

She has been going to his lunches. How she thinks she will afford her wars and DHS without diluting the money supply, I cannot imagine.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Yep, I am watching it...she is doing great. Glad she mentioned the Fed cause it gives Ron credibility...backs up what Ron was saying

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
She has been going to his lunches. How she thinks she will afford her wars and DHS without diluting the money supply, I cannot imagine.

I think Bachmann is a very emotional but not rational person.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 02:48 PM
I think Bachmann is a very emotional but not rational person.

Politics is reaching people on an emotional level...her level of emotions are good...they bring energy into the room...

sailingaway
Yep, I am watching it...she is doing great. Glad she mentioned the Fed cause it gives Ron credibility...backs up what Ron was saying

She delivers Ron's lines better than Ron does, but she doesn't understand them.

realtonygoodwin
Bachmann, Gingrich, and Paul all talking about the Fed...a lot different than 4 years ago.

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Can't wait for Bachmann to try to debate Ron on foreign policy. It would be a beautiful disaster. Ron would easily counter this "I stand with Israel" bullshit with "I stand with America". Israel first warmonger. What a loser.

zach
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Everybody stand for Israel.....

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
oh, she just messed up...her foreign policy sucks..but she is playing the game with the neo-cons...politically shrewd, I hope she doesn't really believe that...

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I stand for life!

... unless we're bombing brown people. What a loser.

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
oh, she just messed up...her foreign policy sucks..but she is playing the game with the neo-cons...politically shrewd, I hope she doesn't really believe that...

Are you serious? She didn't mess up, she's a true believer in that crap.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
There is no reason on earth that Paul couldn't have gotten the applause that she got. If he would have taken the time to explain how Israel would be safer without our aid and if he would have talked about government the way he did at the Faith and Freedom Conference. The way it stands, Bachmann stole his thunder.

musicmax
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I stand for life!

... unless we're bombing brown people. What a loser.

She's a backup singer in McCain's "Bomb Iran" band.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:03 PM

BINGO.

Paul has got to let Wead prep him. This is frickin' ridiculous. Look at CSPAN showing the adulation of Bachmann. It's sickening.

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
There is no reason on earth that Paul couldn't have gotten the applause that she got. If he would have taken the time to explain how Israel would be safer without our aid and if he would have talked about government the way he did at the Faith and Freedom Conference. The way it stands, Bachmann stole his thunder.

Ron got bigger and louder applause reactions, and the crowd was clearly more energetic for him than for Bachmann. You are bizarrely pessimistic about EVERYTHING Ron does.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Ron got bigger and louder applause reactions, and the crowd was clearly more energetic for him than for Bachmann. You are bizarrely pessimistic about EVERYTHING Ron does.

Ron has people there are typically loud and energetic...the loudness of the response is not the gauge to use...she definitely stole his thunder...I am completely objective in this...it's a fact, and it's sad...

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Ron has people there are typically loud and energetic...the loudness of the response is not the gauge to use...she definitely stole his thunder...I am completely objective in this...it's a fact, and it's sad...

You are hardly objective, you didn't know that Bachmann is a warmongering, DHS supporting fascist. She stole nothing, rambled in a fashion that makes Ron look clear and concise, and blathered about nonsensical issues.

trey4sports
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Bachmann is a real establishment candidate, and Ron is not. If he's going to WIN then he will win because WE, THE GRASSROOTS carry Ron into the White House.

trey4sports
06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
BINGO.

Paul has got to let Wead prep him. This is frickin' ridiculous. Look at CSPAN showing the adulation of Bachmann. It's sickening.

You've been around more than long enough to know that is not his style. Ron is not the most polished politician, and he does have weaknesses from an electoral standpoint, but the point is, you have to get over it. Support Ron for who he is and what he stands for, not for what he COULD be.

nbhadja
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Bachmann is a plant. She does not really oppose the federal reserve. She is faking it just like Obama faked being "anti war" during the election of 2008. Only sheep thought Obama was anti-war and only sheep will think she is anti-fed reserve.

Ron Paul needs to smack down these pandering lying pathetic liars like Bachmann.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:21 PM

He got the huge applause from OUR guys.

I'm sorry if you do not like the truth, but there it is. The first thing one has to do to turn something around is to first, face the truth.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
You are hardly objective, you didn't know that Bachmann is a warmongering, DHS supporting fascist. She stole nothing, rambled in a fashion that makes Ron look clear and concise, and blathered about nonsensical issues.

To YOU. Apparently not to the Republicans at the conference.

Most of politics is all about emotion. That is not something we are particularly good at. People vote for who makes them feel good all under about their future. Who will turn around the economy? Who will protect them and their way of life? Who comes off as presidential?

rich34
Bachmann is a plant. She does not really oppose the federal reserve. She is faking it just like Obama faked being "anti war" during the election of 2008. Only sheep thought Obama was anti-war and only sheep will think she is anti-fed reserve.

Ron Paul needs to smack down these pandering lying pathetic liars like Bachmann.

I couldnt agree more which is why i really think Rand could wipe the entire slate clean. Ron really needs to step it up
!

Feeding the Abscess
He got the huge applause from OUR guys.

I'm sorry if you do not like the truth, but there it is. The first thing one has to do to turn something around is to first, face the truth.

Wrong, you need to change the minds of individuals to turn something around.

And in that, Ron is succeeding. There are more of us than there were four years ago, and there will be more of us four years from now.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
You've been around more than long enough to know that is not his style. Ron is not the most polished politician, and he does have weaknesses from an electoral standpoint, but the point is, you have to get over it. Support Ron for who he is and what he stands for, not for what he COULD be.

I've been supporting the man for over 25 years. You?

I want to win. Do you?

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
To YOU. Apparently not to the Republicans at the conference.

Most of politics is all about emotion. That is not something we are particularly good at. People vote for who makes them feel good all under about their future. Who will turn around the economy? Who will protect them and their way of life? Who comes off as presidential?

Great, we voted for Reagan, and what changed? Nothing. If anything, our problems were accelerated. We need change, not pandering and complacency.

reduen
06-17-2011, 03:29 PM

I want to win. Do you?

Do you honestly think that your negativity is going to help accomplish this?

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Wrong, you need to change the minds of individuals to turn something around.
These are not mutually exclusive concepts, you know.

We do not need to change everyone's minds to win. Right now, we need their votes. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if they would read 10 volumes of Mises and Rothbard, but if we are expecting for that to happen before we get the reins to stop the destruction of our country, well, I don't think there will be a country left to save, by that point.

Think about what Rand did. He didn't feel it necessary to teach everyone all the details. No, he went after their votes. AND HE IS EDUCATING RIGHT NOW, AS HE VOTES AND FILIBUSTERS.

No, Ron is not Rand, and he doesn't have to do it that way. But, just like he got out of his comfort zone to speak of his faith and how it relates to government, at the Faith and Freedom Conference, he CAN fine tune his delivery FOR HIS AUDIENCE, for future events.

Again, if people do not understand what he is saying, we are not educating anyone. He has the best product, he just needs to learn how to sell it.

He did it at the Faith and Freedom Conference. So, I KNOW he can do it.

And in that, Ron is succeeding. There are more of us than there were four years ago, and there will be more of us four years from now.
If we still have a country. But, even then, they aren't going to read 10 volumes of Mises and Rothbard.

trey4sports
06-17-2011, 03:34 PM

I want to win. Do you?

Reread my post, I never questioned how long you've supported Ron Paul, nor am I going to divulge how long i've supported Ron.

Ron is NOT going to be "prepped" before a debate, nor is he going to have his handlers help him package his points more clearly. Ron is 75 years old, and he is an incredible person and ideologue, but if you're expecting him to change his style you're wishing for what never was and what never will be.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Do you honestly think that your negativity is going to help accomplish this?

I'm negative because I want him to let Wead help him prepare?

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Reread my post, I never questioned how long you've supported Ron Paul, nor am I going to divulge how long i've supported Ron.

Ron is NOT going to be "prepped" before a debate, nor is he going to have his handlers help him package his points more clearly. Ron is 75 years old, and he is an incredible person and ideologue, but if you're expecting him to change his style you're wishing for what never was and what never will be.

I think you are wrong. Why do you think Wead is working for the campaign?

If you think Dr. Paul is unable to change any part of his delivery, what do you call what he did at the Faith and Freedom Conference.

I guess I have a lot of faith in Ron Paul's capabilities. I know he can do it.

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM

Ron won't change and won't prepare.

Appearantly, LE won't change either and will continue the futile effort to change Ron.

I'll be making popcorn before I witness the upcoming worthless discussions.

Billay
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Problem with Paul supporters is they only care about appeasing the 10% that supports Ron. It's disgusting how often people on here attack other candidates. If you want to grow support I suggest you start being positive. Calling people who support another candidate "sheep" isn't going to win any votes.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Great, we voted for Reagan, and what changed? Nothing. If anything, our problems were accelerated. We need change, not pandering and complacency.

Dude, I agree! I am just saying that Dr. Paul has to sell his candidacy.

Just curious. Were you one of the ones that was dissing Rand when he was running for the Senate. I ask, because there were quite a few here that were extremely critical of him because he wasn't going into all the details. People called him a panderer. Even a neocon. Those people are now eating their words, while Rand is in the Senate because of how he ran his campaign and he is fighting the fight.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Appearantly, LE won't change either and will continue the futile effort to change Ron.

Oh, hi. LPG. Interesting that you would come along, just when I was talking about Rand's campaign. You were one of the guys who was quite critical of Rand. Don't I recall you recently asking for someone's shorts that you could eat, because of it?

It doesn't appear that you learned a thing from it. Because you are repeating it again.

EDIT: I was wrong. It was AED, NOT lpg.

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Oh, hi. LPG. Interesting that you would come along, just when I was talking about Rand's campaign. You were one of the guys who was quite critical of Rand. Don't I recall you recently asking for someone's shorts that you could eat, because of it?

It doesn't appear that you learned a thing from it. Because you are repeating it again.

liar. so much bullshit.

AED =\= LPG

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
liar. so much bullshit.

AED =\= LPG

I stand corrected. I get you two confused. Sorry about that.

Although, lpg, I could call you a liar for saying that Dr. Paul will not prepare. He clearly did for the Faith and Freedom conference.

So much bullshit.

reduen
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM

No, I actually think that this would be ok but to critique Dr. Paul's speech today as anything less than epic is definitely negative. I am continuously amazed by those who continue to espouse the idea that Dr. Paul is doing things wrong... Can you honestly not see all that Ron has accomplished thus far?

He has won elections on multiple accounts and look at where we are at in this movement compared to just 4 yrs ago... I also want to win this thing and I see nothing that Dr. Paul is currently doing that would stop us from winning... I just hope he continues to focus on building relationships "behind the scenes".

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
I stand corrected. I get you two confused.

whatever it takes to talk about distractions

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
whatever it takes to talk about distractions

Yeah dude. I am a plant. Didn't you know? :rolleyes:

low preference guy
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah dude. I am a plant. Didn't you know? :rolleyes:

now you're acting sarcastic about an accusation i didn't make. yet another distraction. what's next?

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Wrong, and someone just made that plain to me in an email 5 min ago.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:57 PM
No, I actually think that this would be ok but to critique Dr. Paul's speech today as anything less than epic is definitely negative.
I do not think it WAS "epic". Some parts were great and some were pretty bad. A lot of what I was saying was when people who could not listen to it, were asking what was happening. I told them. Sorry if you didn't like it, but too frickin' bad.

I am continuously amazed by those who continue to espouse the idea that Dr. Paul is doing things wrong... Can you honestly not see all that Ron has accomplished thus far?
This does not deserve a response. Seriously.

He has won elections on multiple accounts and look at where we are at in this movement compared to just 4 yrs ago... I also want to win this thing and I see nothing that Dr. Paul is currently doing that would stop us from winning... I just hope he continues to focus on building relationships "behind the scenes".

Okey dokey.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Problem with Paul supporters is they only care about appeasing the 10% that supports Ron. It's disgusting how often people on here attack other candidates. If you want to grow support I suggest you start being positive. Calling people who support another candidate "sheep" isn't going to win any votes.

Ron's message is an American message. It's not addressed to the people who already support him. It's addressed to everyone. It's not his duty to broaden his support because that's just not what the message is about. You can win one of two ways. Either you're a flip-flopper like Romney who tries to please everyone, or you get people to agree with you. The latter is a bit harder, but it is the only choice we have at this point. That's not just because Ron is not willing to change, which he isn't, it's because it's the only way this movement becomes about the message and not about the man. I know it seems like a Catch 22 to you, but it is possible to win great support just through telling the inescapable truth.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
now you're acting sarcastic about an accusation i didn't make. yet another distraction. what's next?

I guess we will see what YOUR next distraction is, dude, and what kind of accusation you want to make next.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM

What e-mail? Do tell.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
LE - chill man.

I just got an email from a very authoritative source. He's getting help.

trey4sports
06-17-2011, 04:01 PM

I would be happy to eat my words if it happens.

If Ron can clean up his delivery I would be THRILLED.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
LE - chill man.

I am a woman and I am laughing at this point.

Someone announced days ago on these forums that Doug Wead had been hired by the campaign and I referred to it in this thread. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297855-Ron-Paul-has-hired-Doug-Wead

It is clear Dr. Paul IS able to learn new tricks and he showed that at the Faith and Freedom Conference.

So, for those of you who keep claiming that Dr. Paul WILL NOT take help or coaching, you apparently will soon be eating your shorts, like AED. :p

trey4sports
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
LE - chill man.

Spill the details.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I am a woman and I am laughing at this point.

Someone announced days ago on these forums that Doug Wead had been hired by the campaign and I mentioned it in this thread.

It is clear Dr. Paul IS able to learn new tricks and he showed that at the Faith and Freedom Conference.

So, for those of you who keep claiming that Dr. Paul WILL NOT take help or coaching, you will soon be eating your shorts, like AED. :p

Well Rand isn't building and advocating for underground helo bases along the border and an electrified border so far as Senator, so that's the good thing (I know you'd like to see that!). :p

As for Ron changing his approach....I don't think he will, but I wouldn't be opposed AS LONG AS he doesn't change his message.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Asking for permission to spill some beans... wait...

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
LE - chill man.

I sincerely hope so. His performances over the last few weeks have been marginal. While at times, he hits the nail on the head, there are other times that he is completely scattered and confusing. He is barely different from the 07 debates. What he needs is structure, an outline to follow. Many times he comes back repeating "the FED is printing money out of thin air." His ideas are wonderful but he has to change his delivery and structure to the speeches and he has to talk more about his accomplishments, I don't believe, he introduced himself to the audience..never said anything about his family, his prior career, his accomplishments, nothing really personal...if he wants to win, he has to change, it's that simple...if he continues this way, he'll go from the 4-5 places finishes from 07 to 3-4 place finishes in 2011...he has to break through the pack and go after Romney and Obama, that is what people expect...otherwise they won't take him seriously..he doesn't have to change his message of anti-war, fed printing money, civil liberties, raw milk, etc..but he has to package it better...

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Well Rand isn't building and advocating for underground helo bases along the border and an electrified border, so that's the good thing (I know you'd like to see that!). :p
The question is, are you just mistaken, or are you a bold-faced liar?

I never have advocated those things. But, you knew that.

But, I am not for open borders as some are around here; nor do I refer to our borders as some kind of imaginary line. I am a strong supporter of the sovereignty of our country and I believe if we lose sight of that, we will be doing the bidding of the internationalists who want world government.

As for Ron changing his approach....I don't think he will, but I wouldn't be opposed AS LONG AS he doesn't change his message.

He won't change his message. Just refine it for his audience. Hopefully.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Going to pick up my weekly raw milk just as soon as my emails slow down... And yes, seriously.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
So I can confirm 100% that Doug Wead is working for the campaign.

tpreitzel
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Ron does need to work on his delivery and targeting his remarks to his audience. He has plenty of material and only so much time so why not tailor his message? Answer: he should. Furthermore, he needs someone to coach him in order to improve his delivery. Just because Ron's been pressed for time for decades in US Congress doesn't mean ingrained habits from service in the US Congress will work in a campaign for POTUS. Ron's verbal flaws and rapid speaking absolutely MUST be addressed. Will someone, anyone, with personal contact with Ron politely, but firmly raise this issue with him? TIA from his supporters. BTW, his speech was quite good, but it could have been legendary if properly delivered.

reduen
06-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I do not think it WAS "epic". Some parts were great and some were pretty bad. A lot of what I was saying was when people who could not listen to it, were asking what was happening. I told them. Sorry if you didn't like it, but too frickin' bad.

This does not deserve a response. Seriously.

Okey dokey.

Great response... :rolleyes:

NM, I just read your post stating that you are female... (That explains everything....)

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Great response... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I thought it was quite appropriate. Thanks.

NM, I just read your post stating that you are female... (That explains everything....)

How very collectivist of you. In fact, your response goes a long way towards explaining why there are few women in this movement. Keep it up, bud.

Billay
06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Why is everyone being such a smart ass to LE for having a different take? I get so tired of this place.

reduen
06-17-2011, 04:30 PM

How very collectivist of you. In fact, your response goes a long way towards explaining why there are few women in this movement. Keep it up, bud.

Okey... dokey.... (As you and Palin would put it....) :p

Come on.., you know I did that on purpose. :D

tpreitzel
06-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Why is everyone being such a smart ass to LE for having a different take? I get so tired of this place.

Immaturity. The most frequent and numerous visitors to RPFs are inexperienced youth. It's the same group that harmonizes well with freedom, but is tone deaf to responsibility. We just all have to tolerate one another as much as possible, but I agree with your sentiment.

angelatc
06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
LE - chill man.

This "an insider told me!" crap is incredibly annoying, and while I might be mistaken, I predict it's only going to get worse now that the shortest drama queen in the world has weaseled his way into a paying gig. If people can't be open about who they are and what they're saying, then they really should just stfu.

BUSHLIED
06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Ron does need to work on his delivery and targeting his remarks to his audience. He has plenty of material and only so much time so why not tailor his message? Answer: he should. Furthermore, he needs someone to coach him in order to improve his delivery. Just because Ron's been pressed for time for decades in US Congress doesn't mean ingrained habits from service in the US Congress will work in a campaign for POTUS. Ron's verbal flaws and rapid speaking absolutely MUST be addressed. Will someone, anyone, with personal contact with Ron politely, but firmly raise this issue with him? TIA from his supporters. BTW, his speech was quite good, but it could of been legendary if properly delivered.

That is exactly it. That's my point, and that is WHY I get so upset with all this. He has the potential to completely steal the show and give a legendary performance that none of these candidates can touch, he has the right audience and the time to do it...BUT he is disappointing...that's my frustration...I just don't get it...my conclusion is that he doesn't get it or no one is talking to him...i remember once he said, I am not a perfect candidate..and just played it down..he doesn't take it seriously seems to me

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 04:44 PM
This "an insider told me!" crap is incredibly annoying, and while I might be mistaken, I predict it's only going to get worse now that the shortest drama queen in the world has weaseled his way into a paying gig. If people can't be open about who they are and what they're saying, then they really should just stfu.

You might want to check the posts on the front page before saying things like this. I already said, I spoke with Doug Wead HIMSELF. He is working for the campaign.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Going to pick up my weekly raw milk just as soon as my emails slow down... And yes, seriously.

I don't know about that. Civil disobedience is one thing, but raw milk actually isn't good for you.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Be ready to eat your words, boys.

I just spoke with Doug himself, and yes, he is.

Happy days.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?299142-Is-Doug-Wead-working-for-the-official-campaign

I'm sure Dr. Paul will be greatly relieved that AED will not be opposed. :p

reduen
06-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Look folks, as for me personally, I was just giving LibertyEagle a hard time here... I sometimes forget that for the most part we are all still strangers even though we have been here together for such a long time....

I sometimes just automatically think that we are like family here and we can bicker back and fourth a little more than complete strangers.. (My bad) To me, Ron did a spectacular job with his speech today. I use to be a neocon and can attest to the fact that the way he is can and will change hearts and minds...

LibertyEagle
I don't know about that. Civil disobedience is one thing, but raw milk actually isn't good for you.

Actually, raw milk is very good for you. But, you want to be very discerning where you get it from.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/14/the-war-over-raw-milk-heats-up.aspx

PaulConventionWV

Now that I know you are a woman and in light of recent informants about Doug Wead's participation, I am very happy to eat my words!

(If anyone knows about delivery, it's a woman.)

EDIT: no pun intended.

thedude
06-17-2011, 04:55 PM

:collins: So, guess what I heard... :collins:

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 04:55 PM

I shall take the advice of your signature then :]

reduen
06-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Now that I know you are a woman and in light of recent informants about Doug Wead's participation, I am very happy to eat my words!

(If anyone knows about delivery, it's a woman.)

Oh snaps.... You just went there....

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I shall take the advice of your signature then :]

Very well. I happen to be of the opinion that humans drinking cow's milk is unnatural, though.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Very well. I happen to be of the opinion that humans drinking cow's milk is unnatural, though.

So then eating their flesh must also be unnatural then?

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Seriously, go do some research over on www.mercola.com. I used to think what you do now, but I do not anymore.

By the way, Dr. Mercola is a huge Ron Paul supporter.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Look folks, as for me personally, I was just giving LibertyEagle a hard time here... I sometimes forget that for the most part we are all still strangers even though we have been here together for such a long time....

I sometimes just automatically think that we are like family here and we can bicker back and fourth a little more than complete strangers.. (My bad) To me, Ron did a spectacular job with his speech today. I use to be a neocon and can attest to the fact that the way he is can and will change hearts and minds...

Don't worry about it, man. It's all cool. :)

emr1028
06-17-2011, 05:11 PM

100% this. I'm confident though, that one day Bachman will piece it all together and realize that the economic liberties that she's just discovering that we need also apply to our presence in the world and our personal lives.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM

Howabout eating cow body?

rockandrollsouls
06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Sigh. Same old, same old. Starts decent, Ron rambles, trips over his words, turns off some more mainstream voters.

I'm convinced I'll be left with a deep feeling of sickness and disappointment like I am after every speech and debate, just like last campaign. To know the message is right and the opportunity is prime and we can't capitalize on it is a shame.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
100% this. I'm confident though, that one day Bachman will piece it all together and realize that the economic liberties that she's just discovering that we need also apply to our presence in the world and our personal lives.

I'm not sure. She has a personal, evangelical drive to protect Israel, and I'm not sure her academic interest in the Fed goes as deep.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Sigh. Same old, same old. Starts decent, Ron rambles, trips over his words, turns off some more mainstream voters.

I'm convinced I'll be left with a deep feeling of sickness and disappointment like I am after every speech and debate, just like last campaign. To know the message is right and the opportunity is prime and we can't capitalize on it is a shame.

In the Magellen poll that found Ron tied for 2d with Bachmann in NH, they thought Ron was the third best at the debate. It would be nice if he were the best in every debate, but some people seem to be listening who just weren't listening before.

Also, the reason the opportunity IS so prime is because of all the people he either reached last time, or who at least heard him, and when stuff started to hit the fan, remembered.

zach
06-17-2011, 05:31 PM
His "rambling" seems to do something. It shows the human side of him without the acting and learned lines that the others seem to exhibit quite well.

He's authentic, and taking measures to improve his delivery would only help.

Ireland4Liberty
06-17-2011, 05:36 PM

From a farmer with all due respect, WTF are you talking about?

rockandrollsouls
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
You know we should have a much higher percentage in a state like NH. All I'm going to say about that, Sailing :(

In the Magellen poll that found Ron tied for 2d with Bachmann in NH, they thought Ron was the third best at the debate. It would be nice if he were the best in every debate, but some people seem to be listening who just weren't listening before.

Also, the reason the opportunity IS so prime is because of all the people he either reached last time, or who at least heard him, and when stuff started to hit the fan, remembered.

rich34
06-17-2011, 07:29 PM

Ron is going to have to get confrontational in these upcoming debates and that will serve many purposes. 1. It'll generate plenty of media buzz for the next day news cycle. 2. Ron can really call out all the posers for who they are and exactly where they stood on these very same issues 4 years ago. I mean really, how many times can Romney change his positions and the MSM not make it an issue? If Ron confronted him in a debate over this, the media attention this would garner would be huge and it would also show that Ron is very much capable at being a strong leader. If the media's infatuation with Cain doesn't end, Ron can easily call him out for working for the very people that got us in this mess. Again boom, an instant "fight" and that's what the media loves. And if Ron really wanted to create a huge media buzz he could take on Mrs. Bachmann and her being queen of the teaparty by illustrating all the money she supports for foreign affairs. Pawlenty really hurt himself the other night by not challenging Romney would CNN gave him the opportunity to knock him down a couple points and elevating him in the process. I mean seriously folks, just think of what good it did for Ron when the Ghool thought he was going to play this same tactic with Ron and Ron flipped it on his dumb*** and Ron came out on top big time with that deal and got all kinds of free media out of it. The media loves fights, and I think it's about time Ron starts pointing out just how much the rest of the republican crowd is speaking like he does, but it has to be more than just "oh well, look at all the other contenders talking like us now." He's got to get vicious and serious about this and I really think it'll elevate his status in so many more ways that we can imagine while at the same time educating the people on the fact that he's the ONLY real McCoy in the race. This is where I see Ron and Rand being much different. Rand can't run on Ron's 22 year record but if he could, he'd exploit the hell out of it. Ron needs to be doing the same and reminding the voters just how principled he is and mentioning not taking the government pension, healthcare, government paid junkets etc... Ron can take this, but it's up to him and how aggressive he wants to get. Someone close to Ron, please pass this along to him. If we could have about 5 or 6 of those comments like he made against Romney about "he's the commander in chief" each debate boy we'd be on fire!

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Howabout eating cow body?

Technically, that's unnatural, too. The human digestive system can't adequately handle any kind of flesh without some problems. However, since we live in an imperfect world, I will take meat over dairy products.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 07:53 PM

Have you ever thought it was because of you and not because of Ron?

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Technically, that's unnatural, too. The human digestive system can't adequately handle any kind of flesh without some problems. However, since we live in an imperfect world, I will take meat over dairy products.

Except that the human brain is a product of a high-protein diet which is found by consuming other animals (Note: incisors too).

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 07:55 PM
You know we should have a much higher percentage in a state like NH. All I'm going to say about that, Sailing :(

It's early. Keep the faith, man.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Seriously, go do some research over on www.mercola.com. I used to think what you do now, but I do not anymore.

By the way, Dr. Mercola is a huge Ron Paul supporter.

I like Dr. Mercola a lot, so I took your advice. The only things I could really find about cow's milk was that it increased the risk of diabetes, that children were more tolerant of mare's milk than cow's milk, and that there was rocket fuel in it. You're going to have to point me to something.

I think it's evident because we are all born lactose-intolerant. Most people don't have the ability to digest cow's milk. It requires a certain enzyme that most people don't have. Mother's milk in infancy is perfectly natural, provided the mother is healthy.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Except that the human brain is a product of a high-protein diet which is found by consuming other animals (Note: incisors too).

Who told you that? We don't need a high-protein diet. That's a myth because amino acids are the building blocks. Consuming lots of protein is like tearing down a house for the wood. The body has to break the protein down into amino acids before it is useful. Beside, everything has protein in it. Nuts are high in protein as well as other things, and many things are also high in amino acids, which is what really matters.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I like Dr. Mercola a lot, so I took your advice. The only things I could really find about cow's milk was that it increased the risk of diabetes, that children were more tolerant of mare's milk than cow's milk, and that there was rocket fuel in it. You're going to have to point me to something.

I think it's evident because we are all born lactose-intolerant. Most people don't have the ability to digest cow's milk. It requires a certain enzyme that most people don't have. Mother's milk in infancy is perfectly natural, provided the mother is healthy.

I already gave you one link. At that one alone... Read Mercola's comments.

But raw milk -- a food that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in your intestine, which in turn has a significant, beneficial impact on your overall immune function and health -- has been literally outlawed in many states.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/14/the-war-over-raw-milk-heats-up.aspx

There are tons of articles, complete with Mercola's comments, which are the interesting things, if you just type in "raw milk" in the search facility on mercola.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 08:17 PM

LOL... The ENZYME is IN the milk. Pasteurizing the milk destroys the enzyme. I can not digest shop milk - I CAN digest raw milk. So well in fact, that if I drink too mcuh, I can get constipated. Pasteurize human breast milk and see what happens!! You'll get the same indigestible milk.

It's exactly the same with many other foods too. Beans for example. I can't digest cooked beans very well - GAS!!! But sprout those beans and eat them raw and ALIVE like raw milk, and I have not the slightest problem!

You'll find testimony after testimony online of all these lactose intolerant people that suddenly discovered they can drink RAW milk just find. No more Lactase. It's not milk that they are allergic to, it's COOKED - DEAD milk they are allergic to.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I already gave you one link. At that one alone... Read Mercola's comments.

There are tons of articles, complete with Mercola's comments, which are the interesting things, if you just type in "raw milk" in the search facility on mercola.

That's talking about possible benefits, not necessarily saying it's a healthy food altogether. I can't see anything else on Mercola's site that is in defense of milk. Beside, that's more a political article opposed to the banning of raw milk, not an article about its benefits vs. risk. I agree it shouldn't be banned.

Here's a reference about the detriments of milk and also how osteoporosis can be the result of too much protein, which also points out one of the detriments of animal products in general:
http://www.notmilk.com/badbones.htmlg
Here's another:
http://www.notmilk.com/deb/092098.html

EDIT:Here's one specifically about raw milk:
http://www.notmilk.com/forum/463.html

Kotin
06-17-2011, 08:32 PM
When was this derailed?? Anyway.. Great event everyone.. Thanks to everyone who came out..

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't think you are reading Mercola's comments, Paul.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 08:40 PM
LOL... The ENZYME is IN the milk. Pasteurizing the milk destroys the enzyme. I can not digest shop milk - I CAN digest raw milk. So well in fact, that if I drink too mcuh, I can get constipated. Pasteurize human breast milk and see what happens!! You'll get the same indigestible milk.

It's exactly the same with many other foods too. Beans for example. I can't digest cooked beans very well - GAS!!! But sprout those beans and eat them raw and ALIVE like raw milk, and I have not the slightest problem!

You'll find testimony after testimony online of all these lactose intolerant people that suddenly discovered they can drink RAW milk just find. No more Lactase. It's not milk that they are allergic to, it's COOKED - DEAD milk they are allergic to.

Except that some of those LIVE bacteria don't belong in your body, such as staphylococcus, E. coli, etc.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
When was this derailed?? Anyway.. Great event everyone.. Thanks to everyone who came out..

Sorry, I'll own up to that. I just find the milk debate particularly interesting.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Except that some of those LIVE bacteria don't belong in your body, such as staphylococcus, E. coli, etc.

LOL... Oh dear... I'll leave you to your white cooked poisonous milk substitute. Have fun.

PaulConventionWV
06-17-2011, 08:47 PM
LOL... Oh dear... I'll leave you to your white cooked poisonous milk substitute. Have fun.

What? I don't drink milk, period.

EDIT:I also forgot to include salmonella in that list, as well.

rockandrollsouls
06-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Your comments will be disregarded until you provide any substantial evidence (poll numbers in any capacity, testimonials from mainstream voters, statements from supporters of other candidates) that proove the campaign is gaining positive ground. I can cite numerous data that show this campaign is not only failing to gain new support, but losing the support it had. Your response? "Disregard them," "It's too early," "It's everyone else but us," "The media is staging it." Ignore the media and ignore the ignorant? How about we ignore your ignorant, baseless assumptions?

Also, until you stop acting like a know-it-all smart ass on every topic you come across. IE, nutrition seems to be your expertise now. :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought it was because of you and not because of Ron?

Paul Or Nothing II
06-17-2011, 11:41 PM
To those saying that Ron won't refine his words to make himself comprehensible & appealing to average people, well, then he's not going to be spreading the message of liberty much farther than he already has because intelligence is rare & whatever small intelligent voter-bloc there was has probably already been reached while other intelligent people form the part of the elitist status quo so unless Ron can express his message in simple, concise & comprehensible terms, Ron's support has hit its ceiling & Ron's stagnant numbers in the polls indicate just that.

libertybrewcity
06-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Ron Paul's speech was the best I had ever seen. He spent some time on that.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-18-2011, 02:13 AM
well, the interest rate on CD bit didn't go over quite as well as I hoped (general silence).

I think he needed to get into details, he went thru it so quickly that it kind of went under the radar. Further, most people mightn't even know that Fed lowering loan-interests has a direct impact on what people get on their CDs & stuff; he needs to spend more time on the details, it's not like he was short on time in this case.

Ron Paul's speech was the best I had ever seen. He spent some time on that.

Yes, it was better than most of his speeches but for the most part, he did NOT do what I & many others have been talking about for a while now; he went too much into principles as to why legalizing marijuana is about liberty, etc which'd be great in case you're speaking to intellectuals or something but average people are NOT it; he needed to tell them what HE'LL DO AS PRESIDENT on those issues which is that he'd leave those things to the people in each state under states rights. As I've said before in other threads, you'll meet many Repubs who dislike him because they THINK he'll legalize drugs, prostitution, etc FEDERALLY while many Dems dislike him because they THINK he'll ban abortion, gay-marriage, etc FEDERALLY which is NOT what he'll be doing as president so he needs to state his ACTUAL position as a president, & if stated well, it could get a lot of people to at least consider him & possibly even vote for him but it'll definitely bring down his negative rating.

These are very important issues for many Americans & he sort of misleads them by talking about philosophy of liberty as opposed to stating his stance AS A PRESIDENT.

PaulConventionWV
06-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Your comments will be disregarded until you provide any substantial evidence (poll numbers in any capacity, testimonials from mainstream voters, statements from supporters of other candidates) that proove the campaign is gaining positive ground. I can cite numerous data that show this campaign is not only failing to gain new support, but losing the support it had. Your response? "Disregard them," "It's too early," "It's everyone else but us," "The media is staging it." Ignore the media and ignore the ignorant? How about we ignore your ignorant, baseless assumptions?

Also, until you stop acting like a know-it-all smart ass on every topic you come across. IE, nutrition seems to be your expertise now. :rolleyes:

Baseless assumtion? I didn't make any assumtions. I asked if it could possibly be you that was perpetually pessimistic and not ALWAYS Ron's problem. I was wondering if THAT could be why you're always disappointed because you seem to be disappointed no matter what. Also, will you feel better when and if he works with Doug Wead to hone his skills? I'm certainly not against him doing that.

Also, what's it to you if I know something about nutrition? Is a man not free to know things? Talk about thought police.:rolleyes:

I never acted like an authority, I simply argue my case and am open to other evidence when there is some. Keep in mind that I never said the campaign was perfect or should not be changed. I am for proactive solutions instead of pessimism, but I guess that's a bad thing to you.

blabam
06-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Why all the long faces?

Badger Paul
06-18-2011, 05:41 AM
"the audience was predominately older women"

If that's the case then the GOP is in big trouble. They're not going to live forever and then who is going to vote for the party after they're gone? Hmmm? RP is the only candidate who understands this.