PDA

View Full Version : Very disturbing strategy being used against Ron Paul

JamesButabi
06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
An aquaintance of mine recently told me something I found very disturbing. He is a Romney supporter (I dont hold that against him), whom recently left their equivalent of our "meetup" group due to bad policies of slandering others and not actually promoting their own candidate. Apparently their arguement for slander was that Romney had such a huge lead they could merely keep others down to win the nomination and Ron Paul was target number 1.

He told me that not only was their meetup targeting Ron Paul but the malicious idea the meetup was using, was copied from another campaigns this year also being used against RP.

They are basically trying to demonize our base (even more than the media currently is) as violent, aggressive, rude, and ignorant. They are doing this by mass email and phone calls. Basically they will pick a random article from a google feed and then all lambast the author with hundreds of contacts with obscene rhetoric, slandering, and sometimes even violence.

:mad:

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
What good little slaves, Rockefeller would be proud!

Nate-ForLiberty
06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
This is starting to make sense. I knew Ron Paul supporters wouldn't be stupid enough to email people with threats of violence. We need to infiltrate these Romney meetups and video record them talking about this strategy. We have to oust them.

AGRP
06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
You can't stop an idea whose time has come.

TIMB0B
06-17-2011, 11:53 AM
The good news is Romney supporters believe that Ron Paul is the man to beat.

TIMB0B
06-17-2011, 11:55 AM
This is starting to make sense. I knew Ron Paul supporters wouldn't be stupid enough to email people with threats of violence. We need to infiltrate these Romney meetups and video record them talking about this strategy. We have to oust them.
Are the people that exposed acorn and planned parenthood Ron Paul supporters?

outspoken
06-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Romney and Obama are cut from the same mold. I don't understand how an ardent supporter of Romney could be opposed to anything Obama has done. Why even bother having a meetup, just vote for the goon in place. Who knows, maybe they're really racist.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
So we have to be sure to really not be any of those things so when we say trolls like that are not us, it is clear (from typical comments etc) that isn't true. That would explain that one article about a 'reaction I didn't expect' basically saying the guy had gotten threats from RPrs who didn't like what he wrote which I find outlandish.

virgil47
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
So we have to be sure to really not be any of those things so when we say trolls like that are us, it is clear (from typical comments etc) that isn't true. That would explain that one article about a 'reaction I didn't expect' basically saying the guy had gotten threats from RPrs who didn't like what he wrote which I find outlandish.

Is it any more outlandish for RP supporters to chase people or boo them when they are about to speak or just walk out while causing a commotion because those are some of the things supposed RP supporters have done.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Are the people that exposed acorn and planned parenthood Ron Paul supporters?

Not as far as I know.

sailingaway
06-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Is it any more outlandish for RP supporters to chase people or boo them when they are about to speak or just walk out while causing a commotion because those are some of the things supposed RP supporters have done.

I think threats of violence are worse than following Hannity at some distance and protesting, yes. I think booing is awful, most of us do. But that isn't the norm for us by a long shot. It is a trait of a few which is being used to paint the many. Also, if there are agitators in place to make us look bad, as this report suggests, that could explain a lot.

Valli6
06-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Really disturbing in light of this thread from yesterday! :mad:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298987-This-isn-t-gonna-help...

It covers a story by a Business Insider writer claiming to have been barraged with abusive emails from Ron Paul supporters.

The Ron Paul Reaction I Wasn't Expecting
Last night, I posted a brief piece wondering aloud if perhaps Rep. Ron Paul is going too far with his request to audit all of the gold held by the U.S. government at Fort Knox…

I received many reactions from Ron Paul supporters, some of them downright disturbing.

I am troubled that so-called Libertarians -- who should hold the freedom of speech, and civil difference of opinion, to be sacred objects -- would resort to emailing me late at night with personal threats, strange theories, and angry outbursts….
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-ron-paul-reaction-i-wasnt-expecting-2011-6#ixzz1PV1Lcbpu

Sounds like they're having some success. How do you counter such a sleazy tactic? :confused:

ronpaulhawaii
06-17-2011, 12:23 PM
If someone can write up a press release that addresses/exposes this, we might be able to get some good earned media... Anyone want to take a stab at it?

We could probably use the Mitt Bot NPR Madness episode as ongoing evidence of cheating by the establishment types. I have a screenshot of one of the voting graphs, I don't have any of the screenshots from their forum, where they were caught planning the fraud...

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 12:26 PM
You mean, like this:

Bill O'Reilly deserves to have snow balls thrown at him. Snowballs with rocks inside.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298620-Bill-O-Reilly-gets-introduced-to-Keynesian-Economics&p=3342583#post3342583

KatieForPaul
06-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I heard a quote once that went like this, "How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." I have full faith in our collective ability to come up with a sound solution and response to this and rise above such underhanded and devious tactics.

I can't wait to see the ideas roll in.

BucksforPaul
06-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I called it in this thread. :collins:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298987-This-isn-t-gonna-help...&p=3346360#post3346360

I agree and am willing to bet that this hack did not get any e-mails about moon landing or Obama's birth certificate from Dr. Paul's supporters. The chances of him getting these said e-mails are similar to the gold actually being physically present at the Federal Reserve. At least the one that is supposed to belong to the US.

RonPaulGetsIt
06-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Pretty pitiful they will not talk about the issues. We are living through a destruction of the dollar which will impoverish all but the few who understand the mischief the fed has created and all romney supporters can do is try to smear the guy who predicted the whole thing.

Valli6
06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I agree and am willing to bet that this hack did not get any e-mails about moon landing or Obama's birth certificate from Dr. Paul's supporters.
I hope the writer (David Seaman) doesn't happen to be a Romney supporter.

givemeliberty
06-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I have seen this crap in action. A republican activist I work with went to cpac and when she returned said that the Ron Paul supporters there were the rudest people she had ever seen. Said they were booing and screaming, that they littered the place with leaflets and stickers and were just the most annoying people she or anyone else had ever met. Said that no condidate should tolerate this behavior. Said they were trying to stack on to the mic etc... Then went on to say "He can't win" several times. The last time though I did sense a little insecurity..."He CAN'T win"....

BucksforPaul
06-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Two can play this game and since we own the interwebs we could literally own this guy. This liar believes in man made global warming, loves mandates, is pro choice, believes in gun control, anti-constitution, came up with Obomneycare, draft dodging, polygamist could easily be exposed. I say we start posting as Mittens supporters (threw up in my mouth) supporting the aforementioned positions. For example, on a conservative website post a pro-choice or gun control comment and pretend to be this fools supporters and we could even cite his quotes to support our position. I know this is low, but these fucks started it and are giving our movement a bad name. I am sorry but I am so pissed right now.

Valli6
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Is this the same David Seaman? :eek:

Dirty Little Secrets of Buzz: How to Attract Massive Attention for Your Business, Your Product, or Yourself (By David Seaman)

In Dirty Little Secrets of Buzz, veteran promotional stunt-planner David Seaman reveals a brand-new, counterintuitive approach to traditional marketing and PR. Find out how controversy, scandal-mongering, and social networking can turn your message into a viral sensation.
hxxp://xxx.amazon.com/Dirty-Little-Secrets-Buzz-Attention/dp/1402213379/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

update - looking at photos, it appears to be the same guy http://tinyurl.com/425xmvu

dannno
06-17-2011, 01:08 PM

+rep

NewRightLibertarian
06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
If people are going to be distracted by this nonsense, then there's no hope for them. Ron Paul's campaign hinges on the American people actually being proactive and researching the issues and candidates for themselves. Some scumbag with an anti-Ron Paul agenda talking about mythical hate mail from supposed Paul fans isn't going to distract anyone but the most gullible, suggestible idiots.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 01:14 PM
If people are going to be distracted by this nonsense, then there's no hope for them. Ron Paul's campaign hinges on the American people actually being proactive and researching the issues and candidates for themselves. Some scumbag with an anti-Ron Paul agenda talking about mythical hate mail from supposed Paul fans isn't going to distract anyone but the most gullible, suggestible idiots.

It will impact people.

If we can catch them plotting to do it, we need to.

givemeliberty
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
most gullible, suggestible idiots.

Whole lot of em out there! In fact...could they be >50%

mport1
06-17-2011, 01:28 PM
This is starting to make sense. I knew Ron Paul supporters wouldn't be stupid enough to email people with threats of violence

I don't know about that. Some liberty lovers use very disturbing violent rhetoric. It's usually directed at the government, but I could see a very small number making these kinds of threats.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't know about that. Some liberty lovers use very disturbing violent rhetoric. It's usually directed at the government, but I could see a very small number making these kinds of threats.

Liberty Lovers does not always equal Ron Paul supporters.

If you support Ron Paul, you are for non-violent approaches to dismantling tyranny. We absolutely have to make that clear.

mport1
06-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Liberty Lovers does not always equal Ron Paul supporters.

If you support Ron Paul, you are for non-violent approaches to dismantling tyranny. We absolutely have to make that clear.

I have seen some Ron Paul supporters call for violence against the government. I suspect these people are in the vast minority but they are out there. We need to distance ourselves from them and make sure we express that peace, not violence is the answer.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I have seen some Ron Paul supporters call for violence against the government. I suspect these people are in the vast minority but they are out there. We need to distance ourselves from them and make sure we express that peace, not violence is the answer.

Exactly. I hate to shun any Ron Paul supporter, but we have to in this case. There is a much larger section of Americans who'd be willing to join us in a non-violent venture but would be completely disgusted if we supported violent efforts. It's a trade off, and a good one.

Freedom 4 all
06-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Two can play this game and since we own the interwebs we could literally own this guy. This liar believes in man made global warming, loves mandates, is pro choice, believes in gun control, anti-constitution, came up with Obomneycare, draft dodging, polygamist could easily be exposed. I say we start posting as Mittens supporters (threw up in my mouth) supporting the aforementioned positions. For example, on a conservative website post a pro-choice or gun control comment and pretend to be this fools supporters and we could even cite his quotes to support our position. I know this is low, but these fucks started it and are giving our movement a bad name. I am sorry but I am so pissed right now.

I posted "Love all of Obama's policies but are nervous around black people? Vote Romney 2012" all over the place. Don't think anyone believed I was actually a Mittens fan but still fun.

ronpaulhawaii
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
stooping to their level cedes the moral high ground. Much better to write sourced stories about this for distribution. I know people here were posting screenshots of the cheating being planned at Mitt's forum for the NPR March Madness poll. Can someone find them? And James, will your friend go on record about this?

Winning big is better than #winning small...

JamesButabi
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
stooping to their level cedes the moral high ground. Much better to write sourced stories about this for distribution. I know people here were posting screenshots of the cheating being planned at Mitt's forum for the NPR March Madness poll. Can someone find them? And James, will your friend go on record about this?

Winning big is better than #winning small...

Working on it man. It isn't a close friend so much as an aquaintance whom we have mutual respect. He was originally not excited about telling me the group details as that was naturally the first question I asked.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Maybe we should start infiltrating the Romney campaign.

ChrisDixon
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't think its exclusive to Romney supporters, either. I hate to bring out the conspiracy theory in this conversation, but I remember reading an article about the government using multiple fraudulent social networking accounts for multiple purposes, including infiltration of targeted groups. One ever wonder if the Paul base would be targeted? I have seen some really insane things on the internet from people claiming to be Paul supporters...

ronpaulhawaii
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Working on it man. It isn't a close friend so much as an aquaintance whom we have mutual respect. He was originally not excited about telling me the group details as that was naturally the first question I asked.

If we have to use an anonymous statement we can make that work. I'll start digging and see if I can find the contact for the HucksArmy mod who used to send me heads up... maybe we can get a statement from that quarter.

For certain those screeshots from the Mitt forums will be golden. The only one I have from that episode is this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2643/185/124/663957952/n663957952_2339611_7668942.jpg

(and digging it up has given us the timeframe :D)

This development seems tailor made for the creativity and resources of RPFs...

Lots of things can be done if they've blatantly ceded the moral high ground; some we can talk of openly, some we probably shouldn't...

no representation
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, the media will take the bait and think that the RP people are really like that. It goes back to the Hannity snowballs and other stuff from the '08 run which maybe didn't show us in the best light. Now the meme is out there so when Romney's people or whomever does this, it'll just be accepted as true. I think the thing to do is to 1) find out (if possible) who they are writing to and counter that with some nice words, letting them know about the plan from the other campaign to disparage RP people, and 2) always be sure to stick to the issues and don't get into this name calling - always stay positive and be a good example for the cause!!

flightlesskiwi
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Is this the same David Seaman? :eek:

Dirty Little Secrets of Buzz: How to Attract Massive Attention for Your Business, Your Product, or Yourself (By David Seaman)

hxxp://xxx.amazon.com/Dirty-Little-Secrets-Buzz-Attention/dp/1402213379/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

update - looking at photos, it appears to be the same guy http://tinyurl.com/425xmvu
+rep

this is an important post, ya'll

Valli6
06-17-2011, 03:50 PM
+rep

this is an important post, ya'll
Thanks. Here's what I posted about this guy on another thread. Not sure if this guy is trying to cause damage, or just trying to increase traffic by getting Ron Paul supporters to come by to defend themselves.

Judging by the photos - the guy who wrote the piece claiming to have been barraged with abusive emails from Ron Paul supporters, is the same guy that wrote a book about "how controversy, scandal-mongering, and social networking can turn your message into a viral sensation."
xxx..businessinsider.com/author/david-seaman
http://tinyurl.com/425xmvu

He's also behind a 2007 "Free Paris Hilton" movement
http://jezebel.com/274434/in-which-we-get-closure-with-self+promotional-whore-david-seaman

Appears to have supported Obama in '08
hxxp://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-227193

Essentially he's nobody, but he does believe in using sleazy tactics to manipulate people. He may be trying to smear Ron Paul, or he may just be trying to increase his hits by getting us to defend him.

acptulsa
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Edit: ^^ Perfect!

Well, they can do one of two things. They can bomb the inboxes of whomever, or they can spam public forums with this nonsense.

If they do the former, it's their word against ours that's what happened. For all anyone can know for sure, the pundit in question is lying about even receiving them. This doesn't mean we should accuse him or her, as we don't want to piss off all of the pundits out there. But we have two avenues of reasonable doubt--not only is there some question if it was really us, but if it happened at all. We can make it a non-issue.

If they do it publicly, well, call them out. 'I don't know if you're a real Ron Paul supporter or just someone who wants to make us look bad, but I know I'm a Ron Paul supporter and I (disagree because...) or (wish you'd stop being so rude as to...)

If we can kill every internet poll, then we can kill every forum with kindness and an obvious effort to 'police our own'. Will it make the movement look divided? No, it'll make the movement look like it has a wide cross section of both more and less responsible people.

And if some pundit complains about people claiming to be us doing this or that, we can post there or somewhere our defense--if it happened, it wasn't really us.

It will take diligence. But if the polls are any indication, we have that in spades.

Sola_Fide
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
An aquaintance of mine recently told me something I found very disturbing. He is a Romney supporter (I dont hold that against him), whom recently left their equivalent of our "meetup" group due to bad policies of slandering others and not actually promoting their own candidate. Apparently their arguement for slander was that Romney had such a huge lead they could merely keep others down to win the nomination and Ron Paul was target number 1.

He told me that not only was their meetup targeting Ron Paul but the malicious idea the meetup was using, was copied from another campaigns this year also being used against RP.

They are basically trying to demonize our base (even more than the media currently is) as violent, aggressive, rude, and ignorant. They are doing this by mass email and phone calls. Basically they will pick a random article from a google feed and then all lambast the author with hundreds of contacts with obscene rhetoric, slandering, and sometimes even violence.

Democrats have been doing this at our Tea Party meetings for a while. They pretend they are concerned citizens, but they start to say intentionally racist things and start to make scenes for no reason. We have had to hire security before because of the shennanigans.

Union/Dems would be very proud of Romneyites if this story is true.

Danke
06-17-2011, 04:14 PM
I think people of 100+ years ago would laugh at how tame politics has become. And we had more freedoms back then.

anaconda
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
It would probably be easy to record them discussing this at one of their meetings. It might make big news. Could record video even. My Canon point and shoot camera is tiny and it the video and sound quality are both excellent. Unfortunately the OP is in the east coast and I am on the west coast so I can't help out on this. Probably a cell phone video might be less conspicuous and would work fine too.

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
You can't stop an idea whose time has come.

Unless people think the idea is the equivalent of hitler's idea.

acptulsa
06-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Long and short of it is, we can out this group and that group, and it will help. But we won't out them all, and we won't stop them all. Outing a few is well worth the trouble because from then on, we get more benefit of the doubt. But we're also going to have to be diligent. This is going to come at us from all sides.

In other words, the campaign has begun!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I have seen this crap in action. A republican activist I work with went to cpac and when she returned said that the Ron Paul supporters there were the rudest people she had ever seen. Said they were booing and screaming, that they littered the place with leaflets and stickers and were just the most annoying people she or anyone else had ever met. Said that no condidate should tolerate this behavior. Said they were trying to stack on to the mic etc... Then went on to say "He can't win" several times. The last time though I did sense a little insecurity..."He CAN'T win"....

Everybody was passing out stickers and leaflets along with pens, pins, magnets, signs, hats and so on and so forth. So if we were annoying so was everybody else who was doing the same thing. Yes many of us (myself included) would stand in line to ask questions to the big government types on stage yet these same lines were also populated with people who were all too anxious to grovel at the feet of their masters. So why are we the bad guys for wanting to ask questions? I did not agree with the FEW who decided to boo Rumsfeld, Trump, Cheney, etc but when someone was confronted with a tough question we did cheer. So what? Everyone else cheered when Ann Coulter made her stupid jokes or when Tim "might makes right" Pawlenty was spewing his nonsense and everyone around me sat quietly and let them enjoy themselves. Yet when Ron Paul's name was mentioned these same people who claim to have been "outraged" by our behavior were booing at the top of their lungs. So why is it that we are the bad guys for being enthusiastic and supporting our guy just the same as other candidates were being supported? It sounds to me like your friend went to cpac already determined to find anything Ron Paul related to be annoying. God forbid those who resist this nonsense actually show up so their voices can be heard. I guess the GOP is all about freedom of speech unless you disagree with them on some fundamental issues. Maybe we are worked up and devoted but I would take those people any day over the people that bankrupted my country, sent thousands of young men and women to their deaths for lies, killed untold millions of others around the world and eroded my rights here at home.

virgil47
06-17-2011, 06:02 PM
It would probably be easy to record them discussing this at one of their meetings. It might make big news. Could record video even. My Canon point and shoot camera is tiny and it the video and sound quality are both excellent. Unfortunately the OP is in the east coast and I am on the west coast so I can't help out on this. Probably a cell phone video might be less conspicuous and would work fine too.

Be very careful of recording someone without their knowledge. You could easily end up facing an illegal wire tap rap.

acptulsa
06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Be very careful of recording someone without their knowledge. You could easily end up facing an illegal wire tap rap.

This would more likely be done in person. I've never heard of doing this (except perhaps in a corporate boardroom where industrial secrets are discussed, or in some ugly places where the person being recorded is a cop) being illegal.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-17-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't think recording a public meeting is illegal.

MJU1983
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't think recording a public meeting is illegal.

Federal Law is one party consent and it depends on the state you are in for recording without the other parties permission/consent. A lot are also one party consent, and that one party can be you.

acptulsa
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Someone good at stroking egos could probably get permission anyway.

I hope those who aren't necessarily the best trollbusters will come here if they call out an alleged supporter being an ass and he or she doesn't chill. A real supporter probably will, and I would hope they would even apologize. Otherwise, come post about it here. Whether or not you figure you can handle it, any situation is easier if you have back up.

We've been pwning trolls for years now. We could take the show on the road.

sarahdeez
06-17-2011, 06:24 PM
some we probably shouldn't...

^definitely!

acptulsa
06-17-2011, 06:33 PM
^definitely!

Yeah, if you can infiltrate an opposing candidate's meetup, you should go for it--and not even tell your mother until after you get the goods on them.

That said, it might be a plan to bring it up at the local meetup, though not until you're in a meeting. Volunteers could be assigned to various campaigns. Of course, you have to find them first. Do the others even have enough grassroots to find?

Given the nature of the candidates, it's hard to believe this is decentralized.

Matthew Zak
06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
This is definitely the fighting phase. They feel the shift. It's like the 5th round when Ali starts to take more bold shots against Foreman who thinks he's busting Ali up against the ropes. They're fatigued... Ali is gaining confidence... so they're swinging wildly, desperately trying to knock us out of the race before its obvious to everyone in the audience that Ali has already won.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2011, 07:20 PM
So why are we the bad guys for wanting to ask questions?

We are the bad guys because of what we stand for.

The system knows that if "our" ideas fully take hold, "they" are finished, over, done, and many of them will likely end up going to prison.

They will do anything to prevent that from happening, including any number of dirty tricks.

That's why it's pointless to try and sit in the corner like a choirboy and follow the game by their rules.

It doesn't matter how well we behave, if not a single boo was said, not single snowball thrown, not a single nasty email sent, they would just make it up anyway!

Keep on pushing, everybody, in any way that you can, in the best way you can.

Regardless of what happens in this election, the landscape has been radically changed, and that is due to pressure from us, the loud, rude, obxnious, tireless minority demanding our freedom.

Eagles' Wings
06-17-2011, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Anti Federalist;3347951 It doesn't matter how well we behave, if not a single boo was said, not single snowball thrown, not a single nasty email sent, they would just make it up anyway!

Great post, AF. It's persecution and we have to expect many months/years of it. The righteous will prevail!

givemeliberty
06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Everybody was passing out stickers and leaflets along with pens, pins, magnets, signs, hats and so on and so forth. So if we were annoying so was everybody else who was doing the same thing. Yes many of us (myself included) would stand in line to ask questions to the big government types on stage yet these same lines were also populated with people who were all too anxious to grovel at the feet of their masters. So why are we the bad guys for wanting to ask questions? I did not agree with the FEW who decided to boo Rumsfeld, Trump, Cheney, etc but when someone was confronted with a tough question we did cheer. So what? Everyone else cheered when Ann Coulter made her stupid jokes or when Tim "might makes right" Pawlenty was spewing his nonsense and everyone around me sat quietly and let them enjoy themselves. Yet when Ron Paul's name was mentioned these same people who claim to have been "outraged" by our behavior were booing at the top of their lungs. So why is it that we are the bad guys for being enthusiastic and supporting our guy just the same as other candidates were being supported? It sounds to me like your friend went to cpac already determined to find anything Ron Paul related to be annoying. God forbid those who resist this nonsense actually show up so their voices can be heard. I guess the GOP is all about freedom of speech unless you disagree with them on some fundamental issues. Maybe we are worked up and devoted but I would take those people any day over the people that bankrupted my country, sent thousands of young men and women to their deaths for lies, killed untold millions of others around the world and eroded my rights here at home.

I had to bite my tongue. I just said to her that I "Heard Ron Paul won the CPAC" to get the conversation going and she started on about it. Seemed to me she was more against Ron Paul than FOR anyone else. She did babble on about some .mil guy from Florida. In my opinion that is what supporters should do. It's not our fault their guy's supporters don't have the same energy or passion, so they make it like it's a bad thing.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I had to bite my tongue. I just said to her that I "Heard Ron Paul won the CPAC" to get the conversation going and she started on about it. Seemed to me she was more against Ron Paul than FOR anyone else. She did babble on about some .mil guy from Florida. In my opinion that is what supporters should do. It's not our fault their guy's supporters don't have the same energy or passion, so they make it like it's a bad thing.

HA HA! I can just picture you doing this. I'm sure you handled it perfectly. :) Sounds like she was spinning like a top.

CanadaBoy
06-17-2011, 09:02 PM
first they ignore you
then they laugh at you
then they fight you
then you win lyrics

pcosmar
06-17-2011, 09:06 PM
It will impact people.

If we can catch them plotting to do it, we need to.
Romney does not have nearly as many supporters as he does employees.
And none too bright ones either.

They had a Rah Rah squad at Mackinac Island, they were hired to be there. And they admitted as much.
Get some on video talking about it. buy a few beers and steer the conversation and let nature take it's course.

awake
06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
You mean the other guys are going to lie and cheat to win? This is what makes it fun: beating the other guys in spite of their crooked ways.

Travlyr
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM

The system knows that if "our" ideas fully take hold, "they" are finished, over, done, and many of them will likely end up going to prison.

They will do anything to prevent that from happening, including any number of dirty tricks.

That's why it's pointless to try and sit in the corner like a choirboy and follow the game by their rules.

It doesn't matter how well we behave, if not a single boo was said, not single snowball thrown, not a single nasty email sent, they would just make it up anyway!

Regardless of what happens in this election, the landscape has been radically changed, and that is due to pressure from us, the loud, rude, obxnious, tireless minority demanding our freedom.

Damn straight! + rep

Thomas
06-17-2011, 09:24 PM
If someone can write up a press release that addresses/exposes this, we might be able to get some good earned media... Anyone want to take a stab at it?

We could probably use the Mitt Bot NPR Madness episode as ongoing evidence of cheating by the establishment types. I have a screenshot of one of the voting graphs, I don't have any of the screenshots from their forum, where they were caught planning the fraud...

+rep
What meetup exactly was this? What is your friend's name?

po14015
06-17-2011, 09:28 PM
This is interesting as we had our first meetup a week ago with close to 50 people. At the very end, a woman said she had just found Ron Paul but wanted to know "Why she shouldn't vote for Mitt Romney."

It seemed very staged. We assumed it was the local Republican group, but now I am curious as to who she was.

We are coming out with the Florida database in the next week, and now we will have to take even more steps to validate users.

If we find out any more info on the woman, I will post it.

In Liberty,

Curt

PatriotOne
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

mmmmmmmmmmm...victory is goin to taste so sweet :p

Thomas
06-17-2011, 09:34 PM
This is interesting as we had our first meetup a week ago with close to 50 people. At the very end, a woman said she had just found Ron Paul but wanted to know "Why she shouldn't vote for Mitt Romney."

It seemed very staged. We assumed it was the local Republican group, but now I am curious as to who she was.

We are coming out with the Florida database in the next week, and now we will have to take even more steps to validate users.

In Liberty,

Curt

check FEC records

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2011, 09:41 PM

In Liberty,

Curt

Hey, you guys are down in Bradenton right? I'll be back in New Port Richey in September, so I'll be looking forward to meeting up with like-minded folks.

devil21
06-18-2011, 12:48 AM

In Liberty,

Curt

This sort of stuff is key. If your BS sensor goes off then it's fair to say that the person should be looked at closer and talked to. Romney supporters are SCARED of Paul and this thread is proof. Anytime anyone sees one of these people acting bad in RP's name PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE confront them! Actors like this will do it with impunity if they think no one will call them out. When you do call them out they'll get scared, defensive and generally just give up the goods on what they're doing. WEED THESE FUCKERS OUT! Every last true member of this movement is smart enough to get to the bottom of this crap.

Having said that, we also just have some genuine supporters that have no tact and no manners and don't care the repercussions on the campaign from their actions. No self-control iow. These people should also be confronted about what they are doing and what they thing they are accomplishing.

AFPVet
06-18-2011, 01:00 AM

Regardless of what happens in this election, the landscape has been radically changed, and that is due to pressure from us, the loud, rude, obnoxious, tireless minority demanding our freedom.

Exactly! Those who are against the people and the Constitution are against the LAW! We are winning this fight... and this is what I swore an oath to... supporting and defending the Constitution! We just have to tip the scales and restore order. Everyone I talk to are in agreement—this is in academia—as well as commonplace.

Yieu
06-18-2011, 02:27 AM

+Rep, I know I behaved myself, and I didn't see anyone acting out. I think they just want to have ammo against us, even if we disarm them with kindness, so they'll make stuff up. And what's up with the double standard of it's okay for the majority of the establishment types to boo Ron Paul winning the straw poll, and only a minority booed at other people on stage while the majority of us were well behaved and that gets demonized.

Captain America
06-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Since Ron Paul is mainstream, they target him. They need to keep up the unelectable drum beat, but now in a different way. Is it the time of libery? or is it the continuation of feudalism?

PermanentSleep
06-18-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm just going to repeat non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle non-aggression principle

mit26chell
06-18-2011, 11:03 AM
This makes a lot of sense. I noticed it this morning, as the comments on articles just tainted anything good the articles had to say.

newyearsrevolution08
06-18-2011, 11:14 AM
The media is damn powerful and we really have to get passed them and TO THE PEOPLE this election cycle for this to work. We have to UNDO everything people hear on tv and hell even online sometimes. Belly to belly conversations will win this one IF we start soon enough. We aren't really campaigning for a presidential candidate but rather going around telling people how we need to get back to the constitution and explaining WHY certain things NEED to be changed.

Imagine having a great conversation with a neighbor about how cool it would be if they would remove the income tax. You don't even need to name drop ron paul at all. Just bring up the POINTS and how great of an idea it is and then once the candidates are showcased many will start seeing those "great ideas" within one man and CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES ron paul versus us stuffing it down their throats on street corners with ron paul signs lol.

We need to educate the ideas and ideals of and behind the constition. Wake everyone up to the fact that we cannot live off of the efforts of others EVEN IF we get cool shit like iphones and other crap. We need to teach our children how to GROW FOOD and live off the land. What if all the fast food joints were removed for some reason as well as any food supply chain. I mean how many people would know what to eat or how to eat if you couldn't simply run up to the store and grab some twinkies and something you can heat up in the microwave.

We have left our survival roots behind and are simply sitting around "waiting to be fed".

Suzu
06-18-2011, 11:25 AM
This year, like last year, people sporting Ron Paul signs booed whenever another speaker said something like America fully supports Israel. The GOP base HATES this. I personally saw many walk out after Cain's speech because he got booed for saying that if Israel is attacked then so is the USA. This kind of rudeness doesn't help us at all. If it comes from real RP supporters rather than infiltrators or posers from another campaign, I don't think we can win any new hearts and minds :(

newyearsrevolution08
06-18-2011, 11:29 AM
No matter what I believe the free speech is still in effect and if anyone wants to scream bitch or moan I say GO FOR IT but it won't make very good political sense. If they are fake emailing from so called ron paul supporters WHO CARES. Lets get to the point of the subject and why this election cycle matters "the people". If we wake up the people they will be educated to understand that the media bullshit is just that BULLSHIT.

If the mittens crew wants to play dirty let them. My thoughts though, would Ron Paul try and combat that or would he continue on HIS path? I say, focus and stay the course.

sunghoko
06-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah, if you can infiltrate an opposing candidate's meetup, you should go for it--and not even tell your mother until after you get the goods on them.

That said, it might be a plan to bring it up at the local meetup, though not until you're in a meeting. Volunteers could be assigned to various campaigns. Of course, you have to find them first. Do the others even have enough grassroots to find?

Given the nature of the candidates, it's hard to believe this is decentralized.

I agree. hope someone can find proof and higher up the chain, the better. possible acorn 2.0 if its video proof

virgil47
06-18-2011, 12:43 PM
This year, like last year, people sporting Ron Paul signs booed whenever another speaker said something like America fully supports Israel. The GOP base HATES this. I personally saw many walk out after Cain's speech because he got booed for saying that if Israel is attacked then so is the USA. This kind of rudeness doesn't help us at all. If it comes from real RP supporters rather than infiltrators or posers from another campaign, I don't think we can win any new hearts and minds :(

I agree. If we as true supporters see supposed RPers causing trouble we need to intervene and make sure those around us know we are the true RPers. We cannot tolerate those that would destroy Ron's chances due to their selfish or misguided desires. We also cannot allow infiltrators or those that would lie, cheat or steal to ensure that Ron is not elected. We as supporters must be very, very vigilant in order to protect and improve his chances.