PDA

View Full Version : New TIME "Bracketology" poll

JTforRP
06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Hey guys, I didn't see this posted anywhere and think it's important we win this one: h xxp://swampland.time.com/2011/06/16/gop-bracket/

It appears the voting begins tomorrow.I know online polls don't directly lead to anyone getting elected, but something can always be said for perception, especially in 2011 where 99% of society is as simple-minded as its ever been. This poll being promoted in this manner by a very reputable news magazine is something we should win. The studies show that the more people get to know RP, the more they like him, not the other way around. Let's win this thing handily so people on the fence might view him as legitimate.

Thomas
06-16-2011, 07:47 PM
we can try to win, but Time has a history of screwing us over

parocks
06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
assuming palin doesn't run

gingrich vs romney
gingrich

paul vs bachmann
paul

paul

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Notice how the top, largest pictures are Romney and Bachmann, Time has already made its choice. And already discounted any vote for Ron with their comment about our 'organized zeal'.

Contrarily they made sure Ron wasn't against Bachmann in the first round or she'd never make it further if they play fair. They are writing off Cain and Palin, putting them together in a special subcategory that then runs against Ron..

Or, I should say, they are writing off Cain who will never beat Palin, unless some of our guys vote for him.

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 09:45 PM
They also make Ron run against the stronger of two candidates known for having active supporters, and Bachmann runs against someone who barely registers in polls if at all. somewhat slanted.

Brian4Liberty
06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
You should break the link in the OP.

People should just open a new window and paste in the following URL. If you click on a link here, Time will know that you just came from here, and may exclude you.

swampland.time.com/2011/06/16/gop-bracket/

Brian4Liberty
06-16-2011, 10:00 PM
They are already on to RP supporters. :D

Online voting will begin at xxx.time.com/gopbracket on Friday and will continue for two weeks. (I’ll hazard a guess that Ron Paul supporters, who have a history of organized zeal for this sort of thing, may tip the scales.)

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2011/06/16/gop-bracket/#ixzz1PVD9kUXX

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 10:09 PM
They are already on to RP supporters. :D

That's what I meant about slanting it. They pick Bachmann to put against straw man, with all the others with active supporters competing. then when Ron wins (IF he does since this is a more complex poll) they say what they said in what you quoted and it looks like it is 'really' Bachmann and Romney, because of course Ron doesn't count because he has actual supporters, and you can't count those.

dannno
06-16-2011, 10:11 PM
lol, Cain is hardly an "outsider" considering his time at the fed..

dannno
06-16-2011, 10:12 PM
They gave Ron Paul a by in the first round :)

Esoteric
06-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Bracket is LIVE! hx xp://www.time.com/gopbracket

dannno
06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Bracket is LIVE! hx xp://www.time.com/gopbracket

Then what? How does this work? I thought they were going to have everybody vote for a few days on the first round to determine who enters the next round-robin!

Do they fill out the brackets based on all the votes, or do you get your bracket saved and then they do a multi-day poll thing?

Is this the most strategic way to fill it out?

http://urimg.net/b47c8.jpg

Paulistinian
06-16-2011, 11:04 PM
I had Cain beating Palin, Paul beating Cain, Bachmann beating Sucktorum, Paul beats Bachmann.
Gingrich beats Wild Card, Romney beats Huntsman, Gingrich beats Pawlenty, Gingrich beats Romney, Paul beats Gingrich.

BucksforPaul
06-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Ron Paul in 1st with 25.7% with man made global warming mittens in close second with 23.4%. Get to it and vote this fool out in the first round.

iGGz
06-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I posted this on my Ron Paul FB Page, should give it a nice bump :D

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Bachmann or Santorum? Do you think it would be more impressive if Ron beats bachmann? I think so.

iGGz
06-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Use this link http://bit.ly/jQGPqr and it will mask what site you came from...

Can the first post be edited with this URL http://bit.ly/jQGPqr

HOLLYWOOD
06-17-2011, 12:19 AM
They are already on to RP supporters. :D Checked out the link they provided on RP supporters "ZEAL" here's what they back in 2007.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/14692185/detail.html

Ron Paul Supporters Flood Online Poll

POSTED: 7:14 am MST November 26, 2007
UPDATED: 12:05 pm MST November 28, 2007

DENVER -- A DenverChannel poll posted onlin over the past three weeks shows Ron Paul with a huge lead over Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani. The only problem is, it is not a scientific poll.On Monday, after it had been online for two weeks, the poll showed Sen. Clinton had a large lead over Sen. Barack Obama on the Democratic side, garnering 16 percent of the vote, to Obama's 9 percent.The survey at that time also showed former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani leading all likely Republican contenders on Monday. Giuliani had 17 percent, Sen. John McCain had 10 percent of the vote and Sen. Fred Thompson was not far behind, with 9 percent, as of mid-morning Monday. http://speed.pointroll.com/PointRoll/Media/banners/trans.gif?PRAd=1474677&PRCID=1474677&PRplcmt=1280216&PRPID=1280216

In the first two weeks it was online, the poll showed Ron Paul garnered only 3 percent of the vote. That percentage doubled Monday morning, after the online publication of this story about the results. By Wednesday, Ron Paul had gotten 41 percent of the vote, with Clinton's share shrinking to 11 percent and Obama's share shrinking to 6 percent. Ron Paul supporters were posting the link to the DenverChannel poll on partisan blogs and Web sites, urging supporters to vote (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ron+paul%22+poll+%22thedenverchannel%2 2&hl=en&rls=GGLF,GGLF:2004-29,GGLF:en&pwst=1&start=0&sa=N). Last month, CNBC experienced a similar flood of Ron Paul votes in its online poll and pulled it, posting an explanation of why it was pulled (http://www.cnbc.com/id/21257762?__source=RSS*blog*&par=RSS). As Managing Editor Allen Wastler explained, "These Internet polls are admittedly unscientific and subject to hacking. In the end, they are really just a way to engage the reader and take a quick temperature reading of your audience. Nothing more and nothing less. The cyber equivalent of asking the room for a show of hands on a certain question."The disclaimer on TheDenverChannel poll states, "Please keep in mind that our polls are for entertainment and are not conducted in a scientific fashion. We make no guarantees about the accuracy of the results other than that they reflect the choices of the users who participated."Some participants who contacted TheDenverChannel about the results pointed out that the poll can easily be manipulated and one person can cast multiple votes by logging on from different IP addresses or computers. The poll was not showing up correctly in Firefox browsers, which account for 12 percent of the Web traffic to TheDenverChannel. The poll was showing up correctly in Internet Explorer, which accounts for more than 83 percent of the browsers accessing the Web site. Compare Candidates (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/presidential-race/)

Meanwhile, a national scientific poll has Clinton with a slim lead over both Giuliani and Sen. John McCain. The national Gallup poll of presidential candidates showed Clinton has larger leads over former Sen. Fred Thompson and former Gov. Mitt Romney.Barack Obama also enjoys a wide margin over Thompson and Romney, but more or less ties with Giuliani and McCain.The poll of 897 registered voters nationwide was conducted Nov. 11-14.Clinton's standing against Giuliani, McCain, and Romney has remained about the same since similar polls during the summer. She now pulls greater numbers against Thompson.Obama has not improved his standing against any of the leading Republican candidates compared to poll results from the summer, Gallup said.Leaving aside undecided voters, the Clinton match-ups break down this way:

Clinton 49 percent, Giuliani 44 percent
Clinton 50 percent, McCain 44 percent
Clinton 53 percent, Thompson 40 percent
Clinton 54 percent, Romney 38 percent

The Obama match-ups break down this way in the Gallup poll:

Obama 45 percent, Giuliani 45 percent
Obama 47 percent, McCain 44 percent
Obama 51 percent, Thompson 38 percent
Obama 52 percent, Romney 35 percent

If you are interested in presidential polls and poll results, PresidentialPolls2008.com (http://www.presidentpolls2008.com/index.php) keeps track of the latest poll results and charts them against previous poll results.

Paulistinian
06-17-2011, 12:28 AM
We might be overdoing it... by 11:28pm on June 16, the numbers are:
Ron Paul: 59.9%
Mitt Romney: 14.5%
Huntsman: 6%

We have to be careful not to overdo it, Time already laid the foundation for an article about how Ron Paul didn't actually win that poll. So let's not go for a landslide.

iGGz
06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
We might be overdoing it... by 11:28pm on June 16, the numbers are:
Ron Paul: 59.9%
Mitt Romney: 14.5%
Huntsman: 6%

We have to be careful not to overdo it, Time already laid the foundation for an article about how Ron Paul didn't actually win that poll. So let's not go for a landslide.

Once it starts, you can't stop it...

iGGz
06-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Checked out the link they provided on RP supporters "ZEAL" here's what they back in 2007.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/14692185/detail.html

And here is the Editor's Note from CNBC on why they removed their poll, which was mentioned in that Denver article you posted

Editor's Note:

Dear folks,
You guys are good. Real good. You are truly a force on World Wide Web and I tip my hat to you.

That's based on my first hand experience of your work regarding our CNBC Republican candidate debate. After the debate, we put up a poll on our Web site asking who readers thought won the debate. You guys flooded it.

Now these Internet polls are admittedly unscientific and subject to hacking. In the end, they are really just a way to engage the reader and take a quick temperature reading of your audience. Nothing more and nothing less. The cyber equivalent of asking the room for a show of hands on a certain question.

So there was our after-debate poll. The numbers grew ... 7,000-plus votes after a couple of hours ... and Ron Paul was at 75%.

Now Paul is a fine gentleman with some substantial backing and, by the way, was a dynamic presence throughout the debate , but I haven't seen him pull those kind of numbers in any "legit" poll. Our poll was either hacked or the target of a campaign. So we took the poll down.
The next day, our email basket was flooded with Ron Paul support messages. And the computer logs showed the poll had been hit with traffic from Ron Paul chat sites. I learned other Internet polls that night had been hit in similar fashion. Congratulations. You folks are obviously well-organized and feel strongly about your candidate and I can't help but admire that.

But you also ruined the purpose of the poll. It was no longer an honest "show of hands" -- it suddenly was a platform for beating the Ron Paul drum. That certainly wasn't our intention and certainly doesn't serve our readers ... at least those who aren't already in the Ron Paul camp.
Some of you Ron Paul fans take issue with my decision to take the poll down. Fine. When a well-organized and committed "few" can throw the results of a system meant to reflect the sentiments of "the many," I get a little worried. I'd take it down again.

Sincerely,

Allen Wastler
Managing Editor, CNBC.com

The thing they don't understand is that nothing was hacked and I'd bey money that each vote for Ron Paul was a unique one. They just can't handle the Ron Paul organization.

dannno
06-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Ron Paul in 1st with 25.7% with man made global warming mittens in close second with 23.4%. Get to it and vote this fool out in the first round.

Ok so vote Huntsman in the first round, and Paul to win and we should be good.

Paulistinian
06-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Once it starts, you can't stop it...

Thanks for that anonym.to url also. =) I'm seeing it blowing up on Facebook right now also... Hopefully a ton of traffic hits Time from face book and the users from DailyPaul and RPForums are smart enough now to know how to hide our traffic... That way, there can be none of this 'partisan' website nonsense. It will appear more like young people on Facebook love Ron Paul.

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Ehh, guys, dare i say, i think we need to back off? We're at about 60%, and they already said they're kind of fed up with us spammers. I think we may run the risk of them doing something to mitigate us.

dannno
06-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Wow, we're killin it, 60%+ to about 15% for Mittens.

dannno
06-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Ehh, guys, dare i say, i think we need to back off? We're at about 60%, and they already said they're kind of fed up with us spammers. I think we may run the risk of them doing something to mitigate us.

Well if they are fed up with spammers then they should get a filter for their email, this isn't spamming. Other candidates supporters have the same opportunity to communicate with others and vote in the poll.

That said, I think we've done our job and can watch it for a while rather than asking supporters we know to vote.

Paulistinian
06-17-2011, 12:44 AM
That said, I think we've done our job and can watch it for a while rather than asking supporters we know to vote.

Yes.. Exactly this... We need to back off, but keep our eyes on it. Seems this poll runs until July 1st... Or at least that is how late they will accept mail in submissions. So let's watch it, but Ron can't win in a landslide, he has to win by 5-10% over Mittens/Huntsman/Gingrich. Bachmann can't be in the top 4 or Time will spin it that she is the "Tea Party" candidate.

Ex Lux lucis
06-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Oh God, 63% percent... >.< Time isn't going to be happy about that. Hopefully Mittens can get 20-30 at least... :D

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes.. Exactly this... We need to back off, but keep our eyes on it. Seems this poll runs until July 1st... Or at least that is how late they will accept mail in submissions. So let's watch it, but Ron can't win in a landslide, he has to win by 5-10% over Mittens/Huntsman/Gingrich. Bachmann can't be in the top 4 or Time will spin it that she is the "Tea Party" candidate.

Let's go santorum.

Paulistinian
06-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Let's go santorum.

Man, I've been having a bad day... but for some reason, reading that post put a big smile on my face and made me audibly laugh. Santorum... what a fuckin joke. hahahaha.

Ex Lux lucis
06-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Man, I've been having a bad day... but for some reason, reading that post put a big smile on my face and made me audibly laugh. Santorum... what a fuckin joke. hahahaha.

I love the face he makes right before he answers questions. Downright hilarious.

Paulistinian
06-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Oh God, 63% percent... >.< Time isn't going to be happy about that. Hopefully Mittens can get 20-30 at least... :D

I would love for Mittens to rank 3rd under Paul and Gingrich. Ha ha ha ha.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-17-2011, 03:39 AM
I don't know why some people here are so worried about a landslide victory; it's not like they'll give any credibility to Ron if he won by 1% as opposed to 30%. No matter what margin Ron wins with, they'll still discredit him & if he doesn't win then he'd be irrelevant to them anyway so we might as well win by landslide & rub it in.

And why is this supposed to be spam? I mean polls are supposed to be for voting but when a lot of people vote for some guy then it's called spamming? What nonsense. It's not our fault that other candidates' supporters aren't so enthusiastic & organized.

Now, Ron is at 64.1 & Mittens at 13.2.

BucksforPaul
06-17-2011, 07:12 AM
I don't know why some people here are so worried about a landslide victory; it's not like they'll give any credibility to Ron if he won by 1% as opposed to 30%. No matter what margin Ron wins with, they'll still discredit him & if he doesn't win then he'd be irrelevant to them anyway so we might as well win by landslide & rub it in.

And why is this supposed to be spam? I mean polls are supposed to be for voting but when a lot of people vote for some guy then it's called spamming? What nonsense. It's not our fault that other candidates' supporters aren't so enthusiastic & organized.

Now, Ron is at 64.1 & Mittens at 13.2.

This!

Elwar
06-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Ron Paul was voted #1 for Time's man of the year online...but they went with some else that year. Time is no fan of Ron Paul.

Also, what's the deal with the mail in campaign? Should we go hit dentist offices and rip the covers off to send it in?

Something tells me Ron Paul won't be winning the mail in campaign...probably Romney because he's the most liberal of the bunch.

Elwar
06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Ron Paul is only at 49% vs Romney at 23%

Crystallas
06-17-2011, 07:46 AM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9423/timepoll.jpg

Paul Or Nothing II
06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
May be some of the Ron supporters are thinking on the lines of some of the earlier posts & have started voting against Ron to reduce the gap *facepalm* Do other candidates really have that much support online to change the picture so much so quickly? I doubt it.

eleganz
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Just voted RP 46.7 to MR 26.7

This is just the first day though, we have to push this poll as far as we can, the pre-made banner suggests this will be a front page article, imagine the positive press we will receive if RP wins this.

This needs to be FB'd, twittered and whatever else you can think of, this poll should be one of the most important.

Paulistinian
06-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Just voted RP 46.7 to MR 26.7

This is just the first day though, we have to push this poll as far as we can, the pre-made banner suggests this will be a front page article, imagine the positive press we will receive if RP wins this.

This needs to be FB'd, twittered and whatever else you can think of, this poll should be one of the most important.

I'm tellin you, man... if Ron Paul wins by a margin greater than 5-10% then it will NOT be positive press. They will write how he has internet support of organized hacktivists who bugged the poll. They will declare Mittens, or whomever is in second, the "real winner".

raystone
06-17-2011, 10:07 AM

It appears to me they have done something to mitigate it. I chose Ron Paul for nominee and received error message screen including "moved permanently" and a lot of gobbleygook. In an attempt to confirm, I then tried bracketing with Pawlenty as winner, and it went through just fine.

CaptUSA
06-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Do you think that "wildcard" candidate was meant to look like Rick Perry? To me it looks like they may have taken his image and blanked it out.

stefank
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
ron paul at 72 percent

Chieppa1
06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
They still think there are only like 15 of us across the whole nation. Fuck them. Monkey wrench in their bullshit machine.

Brandon Todd Carr
06-17-2011, 12:19 PM
ron paul at 72 percent

Now 75%. :D

iGGz
06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm tellin you, man... if Ron Paul wins by a margin greater than 5-10% then it will NOT be positive press. They will write how he has internet support of organized hacktivists who bugged the poll. They will declare Mittens, or whomever is in second, the "real winner".

Well then fuck "them."

Brandon Todd Carr
06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd advise taking screen shots of the results every day, just in case. I know I will be.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Just voted...

swissaustrian
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Reset of the counter of RP-votes in 5...4...3...

JTforRP
06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
You guys may know more than I do, but fuck this "let's back off" talk. RP isn't getting respect any way you look at it. Let's win the damn thing by 80% and open a few eyes.

JTforRP
06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
And my apologies for not posting the link in the correct manner in the OP...I'm a noob :)

Athan
06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Time is pretty biased. If Ron wins, nobody will hear about it.

evilfunnystuff
06-17-2011, 04:13 PM
77 - 12

parocks
06-17-2011, 04:23 PM
What we should do with all these polls, as a test of our skill, our organization, etc. etc., is determine what we want the end result to be, and work to make it so.

We proved 4 years ago we can win almost all of these polls, and we learned that the media hates that.

Perhaps we should give them a story they can use.

Develop our skills.

smartguy911
06-17-2011, 04:24 PM
what the heck Ron Paul 76%

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 04:26 PM
STOP Voting! Now! Stop It! Mods, bury this thread! We are HURTING our own cause.

Esoteric
06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
You guys may know more than I do, but fuck this "let's back off" talk. RP isn't getting respect any way you look at it. Let's win the damn thing by 80% and open a few eyes.

They will suspect that we "hacked" it. It has already been suspected in the past. We are SHOOTING OURSELVES IN THE FOOT!

dannno
06-17-2011, 04:35 PM
STOP Voting! Now! Stop It! Mods, bury this thread! We are HURTING our own cause.

Nobody can stop it. The force is too strong among us.

thedude
06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Then what? How does this work? I thought they were going to have everybody vote for a few days on the first round to determine who enters the next round-robin!

Do they fill out the brackets based on all the votes, or do you get your bracket saved and then they do a multi-day poll thing?

Is this the most strategic way to fill it out?

I would suggest voting santorum over bachman... she'll probably get more votes than he anyway, there is no point in us helping out. this is the same reason i voted huntsman over romney and cain over palin.

eleganz
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I would suggest voting santorum over bachman... she'll probably get more votes than he anyway, there is no point in us helping out. this is the same reason i voted huntsman over romney and cain over palin.

That is exactly what I did, exactly the opposite of what they've been selling us.

Our goal should be to get Ron Paul at the GOP nominee position on the cover of Time Magazine, I can't believe there is somebody telling others to stop voting? This is poll isn't closed by the end of this day, other people will see this poll and vote as well, we were just first.

thedude
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
That is exactly what I did, exactly the opposite of what they've been selling us.

Our goal should be to get Ron Paul at the GOP nominee position on the cover of Time Magazine, I can't believe there is somebody telling others to stop voting? This is poll isn't closed by the end of this day, other people will see this poll and vote as well, we were just first.

As evidenced by the fact that Paul was at 77% after I voted and is now back down to 76%. I just hope nobody is voting more than once (i.e. clearing browser cache and refreshing). Maybe that is what they are yelling stop for...

CanadaBoy
06-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Because I am colour-blind... I initially thought Romney was in first with 76%

>mfw I realized Ron Paul is in FIRST
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/92.gif

Paul Or Nothing II
06-18-2011, 03:07 AM

There will not be positive press EVEN IF Ron won by 1%, they'll still whine that we hacked it or something, so might as well win big.

They still think there are only like 15 of us across the whole nation. Fuck them. Monkey wrench in their bullshit machine.

Yeah, they don't realize that there're thousands & thousands of us actively voting in these polls & most of the time, a few thousand votes is all that is needed to win these online polls; they we're multiple-voting &/or hacking or something but don't realize that we don't need to do any of that with such a huge proactive internet-base.

Second that.

notsure
06-19-2011, 03:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zPezh.jpg

Andrew76
06-19-2011, 03:37 AM
I disagree. Let them think we hacked it. If we didn't hack the poll then we didn't hack the poll. F*ck these people. It's their poll. Let them either a) report who really won the poll or b) try to convince their readers that their own poll sucks, is untrustworthy and not worth anyone's time. We do have the superior numbers by far. The problem? If half of you armchair voters actually got up and campaigned, wrote letters, made calls, voted in the primaries and in the general election Ron Paul would win by historic margins. Already doing those things? Awesome, me too. I'm not talking about you.

As to this Time poll, believe it, even if we win by 5%, they will write us off. Bet your life on it. So in the meantime, crush their stupid poll.

ChristianAnarchist
06-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Voted...
Ron Paul 69.7
Mitt 15.8

randomname
06-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Ha, poor newt, his slice is barely visible

Paul4Prez
06-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Ron Paul is at 69.2 percent right now, Romney at 16.1. "Wild card" should be doing a bit better, and it's pretty unfair to leave out Gary Johnson, a successful and popular governor.

Wanna bet when the magazine issue comes out they break it into two polls, one on-line and one from subscribers through the mail (even though the online one has 1000 times more people participating)?

libertybrewcity
06-19-2011, 11:45 AM
bump for votes.

Raudsarw
06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I see that Gary Johnson has been cut out again. It's pathetic, why do they include Rick Santorum? He is a nobody, he does just as bad if not worse than Gary Johnson.

Working Poor
06-19-2011, 12:02 PM

they want everyone to think that for sure. I think we have a very good chance of winning this thing.

king_nothing_
06-19-2011, 01:39 PM
What would be awesome is if we could make all of them roughly equal with like 5% each, and then have Ron with the remaining 60%. That way they couldn't even laud anyone for coming in second because there wouldn't be a clear second. :p

Maximilian American
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
VOTE NOW! RON PAUL up at 58%!!! The final results will be posted in the July 8th Time Magazine Issue!

king_nothing_
06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Wanna bet when the magazine issue comes out they break it into two polls, one on-line and one from subscribers through the mail (even though the online one has 1000 times more people participating)?
Is there a vote by mail option? If so, we should be doing it. You could very well be right about them splitting it.

iGGz
06-20-2011, 06:21 PM
bump

isrow
06-20-2011, 08:12 PM
We can vote by mail too and that should show we are real people not spammers. My roommate gets time (and of course is a political and current event dimwit) but at least he provided me with a free bracket :D

king_nothing_
06-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Should we make a concerted effort to own the mail-in voting as well, in the chance that they list it separately from the online results? If so, it really deserves it's own thread so more people here will be aware.

kill the banks
06-20-2011, 08:49 PM
done

iGGz
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
bump

afwjam
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
To vote by mail, you need the magazine cover from the current issue. My girlfriend has it and is mailing it in. Please go buy the magazine and vote with the magazine cover!

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
"I’ll hazard a guess that Ron Paul supporters, who have a history of organized zeal for this sort of thing, may tip the scales."

What filth. It's individual votes. It's playing fair. It's not like we're all using proxies to get more votes. Disgusting, pure filth.

Sentient Void
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
The poll has come down to Ron Paul and Mitt Romney! Ron Paul is barely in the lead!

Cast your vote and send it viral!

swissaustrian
06-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Should we make a concerted effort to own the mail-in voting as well, in the chance that they list it separately from the online results? If so, it really deserves it's own thread so more people here will be aware.

Very much a possibility. Good point!

iGGz
06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Gage, now would be the time to have it posted on the Ron Paul 2012 FB Page...

iGGz
06-22-2011, 08:41 PM
lol now the results are down, I think TIME is fudging them up

http://www.time.com/time/gopbracket/results/index.html

Michael Landon
06-22-2011, 08:45 PM
lol now the results are down, I think TIME is fudging them up

I'm seeing a red X is that what you mean?

- ML

sailingaway
06-22-2011, 08:48 PM
"I’ll hazard a guess that Ron Paul supporters, who have a history of organized zeal for this sort of thing, may tip the scales."

What filth. It's individual votes. It's playing fair. It's not like we're all using proxies to get more votes. Disgusting, pure filth.

They already stacked the brackets putting Bachmann against the one 'conservative' with zero grassroots at all, and Ron against the candidates with the most on line presence -- BOTH of them....

V3n
06-23-2011, 06:42 AM

Just like we have organized zeal for donations, straw polls, rallies, and THE ELECTION!

..voted and placed Romney losing to Wild Card - it still showed only Romney and Paul in the final screen. A buddy of mine put Huntsman v. Santorum with Santorum winning to see if it showed different graphics depending on who you pick (of course, we're all only going to pick Paul! what if you pick someone else?) and it still displayed the screen with just Romney and Paul (currently 52.9% Paul - 47.1% Romney).

Paul Or Nothing II
06-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Just like we have organized zeal for donations, straw polls, rallies, and THE ELECTION!

..voted and placed Romney losing to Wild Card - it still showed only Romney and Paul in the final screen. A buddy of mine put Huntsman v. Santorum with Santorum winning to see if it showed different graphics depending on who you pick (of course, we're all only going to pick Paul! what if you pick someone else?) and it still displayed the screen with just Romney and Paul (currently 52.9% Paul - 47.1% Romney).

Yup, I just got Santorum to win but it still showed results as Paul - 52.9 & Romney - 47.1 :confused:

swissaustrian
06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Ron now at 62,6 % back again.
Romney 23,2
Huntsman 4,1
other candidates...

I donīt trust them until Ron is on the cover of the magazine and the article on him is fair.

eleganz
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm curious to see how many people participated in this poll.

Sentinelrv
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Ron now at 62,6 % back again.
Romney 23,2
Huntsman 4,1
other candidates...

I donīt trust them until Ron is on the cover of the magazine and the article on him is fair.

Is the winner actually going to be on the front page or are you just hoping they would do this?

Xenophage
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
HAHAHAHA. God. This is ridiculous. Someone posts a link on this forum and it becomes an uncontrollable chain reaction of Ron Paul Win.

swissaustrian
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Is the winner actually going to be on the front page or are you just hoping they would do this?
Time announced this, but if ron finally wins - who knows if they stick to this...

Sentinelrv
06-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Time announced this, but if ron finally wins - who knows if they stick to this...

Wow really? Where did they announce this? I really want to read it. Can you imagine Ron Paul on the cover of Time magazine?

swissaustrian
06-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow really? Where did they announce this? I really want to read it. Can you imagine Ron Paul on the cover of Time magazine?
It was/is on their website. I think the link is on the first post of this thread. I cant copy it for you because i am using a mobile phone right now :)

Nate-ForLiberty
06-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Verrater
06-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Here's a live update from the google spreadsheet that houses the polling results.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/oimg?key=0AmVS_lyM7ZUWdDRPNm5saVFPd3gzVXhMT3dJdDVU WFE&oid=1&zx=7xhi5co11gdo

swissaustrian
06-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Adam Kokesh covered this poll recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi_DWHJ53yI

eleganz
06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Adam Kokesh covered this poll recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi_DWHJ53yI

wow another MSM giant caught red-handed manipulating results they're not happy with.

afwjam
07-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Bump

swissaustrian
07-01-2011, 03:04 PM
The results donīt change since a few days. I also canīt find a link to the poll on the time website.

You can check out the final results in the issue of TIME Magazine hitting newsstands on Friday, July 8.
Weīll see if this really happens

Nate-ForLiberty
07-01-2011, 03:06 PM
The results donīt change since a few days. I also canīt find a link to the poll on the time website.

Weīll see if this really happens

Even if Ron Paul does win and they acknowledge it, they'll downplay it as internet spammers and then make the entire article about Romney.

ds21089
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Romney is gaining. RP 53.3% Romney 35.1% Only 3 days to go! Let's see if they hold up to their word or if they try to bypass it by saying "oh we were only counting votes from the magazine and since we are the only ones who know how many people voted for who with the magazine mail-ins, we can easily manipulate it and..OH LOOK AT THAT ROMNEY WON!!"

swissaustrian
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Romney is gaining. RP 53.3% Romney 35.1% Only 3 days to go! Let's see if they hold up to their word or if they try to bypass it by saying "oh we were only counting votes from the magazine and since we are the only ones who know how many people voted for who with the magazine mail-ins, we can easily manipulate it and..OH LOOK AT THAT ROMNEY WON!!"
Now itīs 52,6 / 36.
Everybody vote if you haveīnt already.

sailingaway
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Of course we want to win it, but I suspect they will keep running it until THEY like the result and only then will they put out a cover on it.

sailingaway
07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Of course we want to win it, but I suspect they will keep running it until THEY like the result and only then will they put out a cover on it.

How will we ever know how many came in by snail mail?

eleganz
07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
make sure to save screenshots right up until the poll is over, we don't want another fast one pulled on us.

TheViper
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
make sure to save screenshots right up until the poll is over, we don't want another fast one pulled on us.

Still a few days to go but I'll add a new pick each day.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/viperempire/TimePoll.jpg

eleganz
07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Nice, thanks for doing that!

I can't believe it has gotten to the point where we already know we're going to get screwed and have to prepare for it (like its alright!?).

Carehn
07-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I voted already but cant get to the poll or results. Could someone send me a link or post it. It does not work and i would like to watch them Fuck us all in real time. No one who likes romy knows how to use a mouse.

Paul4Prez
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM

They never said they would put it on the cover. It's going to be buried somewhere, with disclaimers, and maybe a separate offline (snail mail) tally. The media can never accept the fact that Ron Paul has the most actual supporters, when it contradicts their own assumptions and the scientific polls of people who mostly haven't researched the candidates at all yet.

KingRobbStark
07-06-2011, 01:51 AM
we can try to win, but Time has a history of screwing us over

I think its because of our good looks.

hillertexas
07-06-2011, 06:47 AM
bump

Elwar
07-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Joe Klein, the writer of the article, is a died in the wool socialist. He cannot fathom anything that Ron Paul speaks when it comes to the economy and goes on progressive message boards laughing with all of his socialist buddies about the crazy "privatization" ideas. Followed by tired old replies of "good luck with the roads and fire departments and ad hominem".

TheViper
07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I wanted to capture another pic tonight bit it looks like it's closed.

Paul4Prez
07-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Isn't this coming out tomorrow (7/8)?

Michael Landon
07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Anyone know if this came out yet?

- ML

harikaried
07-08-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2081924,00.html

ds21089
07-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Ugh.. I knew they wouldn't keep their promise

civusamericanus
07-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Article follow up results -->>
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2081924,00.html
Here's the percentage results: http://www.time.com/time/gopbracket/results/

Which means Ron Paul won with 54.6% or 18,487 votes

Michael Landon
07-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Anyone else notice how Time's bar graph results showed Romney to be really close to Paul in total voting but the pie chart results have Paul with an almost 20% advantage?

- ML

wowrevolution
07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
And here is the Editor's Note from CNBC on why they removed their poll, which was mentioned in that Denver article you posted

The thing they don't understand is that nothing was hacked and I'd bey money that each vote for Ron Paul was a unique one. They just can't handle the Ron Paul organization.

It is always humorous because the NBC editor represents a well organized small group that has been trying to suppress the views of Americans

Shane Harris
07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
they never said the winner would be on the cover, only that it was in fact the cover story

TheViper
07-08-2011, 12:07 PM
they never said the winner would be on the cover, only that it was in fact the cover story

Which is about the Future of Fish. Meh.

Standing Like A Rock
07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
...Though mail-in voters overwhelmingly chose Mitt Romney, more online votes were cast for Ron Paul...

I am guessing there were about 10 mail in votes, and Romney had 6 of them or something.

CanadaBoy
07-08-2011, 03:19 PM

My guess is if Romney won, he would be on the cover.

Paul4Prez
07-08-2011, 10:01 PM
The Results Are In. In our June 27 issue, we challenged readers to predict the winner of the 2012 GOP nomination, March-madness style. Though mail-in voters overwhelmingly chose Mitt Romney, more online votes were cast for Ron Paul, the apparent result of a well-organized — and passionate — campaign. Some voters nominated their own candidates. One seemingly straight-faced suggestion talked up someone who could "relate to young and old." The nominee? Bozo the Clown.

Classic mainstream media dissembling, honed to an art form, if I may mix some metaphors. First, discredit the 38,000 vote online sample by saying that the serious votes came through the mail. Then provide a back-handed compliment to the overwhelming winner -- those few fanatics sure were well organized. Finally, smear the overwhelming winner through guilt by association, leaving the reader remembering Bozo the Clown.

At least they wrote a 10-page article on the history of the bikini, to show off their true journalistic excellence, while ignoring the presidential candidate with the most actual supporters (polls of largely uninformed potential voters notwithstanding.)

wowrevolution
07-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I am starting to sympathize with the militants that just want to off the elitist bastards off.

theBrewMeister
07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe we need another "email bomb" to Time magazine like we did to Morning Joe?